A New week NFC West series 8

ringless

Reaction score
Can you believe it is already week 8? The football season goes to fast!

As the division stands right now

AZ 5-1 VS PHI 5-1
SF BYE WEEK 4-3
SEA 3-3 @ Carolina 3-3-1
STL 2-4 @ KC 3-3

This week is a huge week for all teams in the division of course. Even SF who has a bye. Arizona is really going to have a good gut check this game against the high flying and fast paced offense of Philadelphia. I think it is really going to come down to the final drive of this game. Over the last 15 games the Cardinals have the best record in the NFL at 12-3, 5-1 this season... Arians coaching has been at the top of the league, and I think a lot of people would say the same about Chip Kelly and his offense. I do think we manage to escape with a win, and I feel we have to escape with a win because we have some inevitable losses coming up. Sproles may be out for Philly, and the Cardinals might get back Campbell. Obviously when they Eagles went up against a stellar run Defense in SF they struggled to get anything going as all Chip Kelly's offenses live and die by what the run generates. I am hoping we can somehow have the same success. If this game where on the road I would hands down say we lose. But we do have a huge home field and underrated home field advantage and I think we might be able to get by something like 27-26.... Or 24-23... Arizona has been a great home team, in fact we have lost 1 game at home in the last 365 days.... To SF... The last time we lost to a non division opponent at home you would have to go back to 2012!!!!

SF is getting a Bye this week at a much needed time for them. Our whole division is injured, it is crazy seeing how decimated it is.

Seattle, will go to Carolina, and to be honest I haven't followed Carolina much. Part of me thinks Seattle will win this game because I think the team will come together, it's in their nature. They are the better team, they do know how to win games, the talent is there, the coaching is there; but it is a well known fact that they just aren't a good road team. They are flying all the way across the country to a 10AM start.... But at this point it is a must win game. In saying all of that Seattle just cant afford to lose this game and I think they are going to be the more desperate team, and pull of a win.

Obviously, I think Arizona has over-performed. I still am not sure who the team is. But I think if we do find a way to win this week, that would be the time the rest of the league gets put on notice.... I believe strongly in the fact that when you are at home you have to take care of business because winning on the road is just difficult. It would go a long way in possibly securing the division whether you win or lose this week because at this point the Cardinals control their own destiny.

Anyways, I hope it's an exciting week of football! I am happy we will all be done with our bye weeks after this!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All good thoughts. Great insight....You guys are the what??? #1 Rushing defense in the League??? Did the sky fall??? LOL Good luck this weekend.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think AZ wins but it is a pretty good test against the Eagles.

The Rams could have gotten a good boost from their win last week but KC also had a great win last week. I see them losing on the road against the Chiefs.

Carolina's defense is confusing me. And I haven't watched the game to see what the Packers did to them to shut them out (I think they were shut-out). This is another one of those games that this year seems to be coming at the wrong time. Panthers have to be getting drubbed by the locals and should come out next week inspired. The Seahawks are springing leaks and need to strap it on. They have not had easy games at Carolina the past 2 years, I expect a tight game unless the Panthers come out on fire. Not sure whether the Seahawks have recovered enough of their swag to weather such a game.

I am going to say they win here because the alternative isn't what I want to consider right now.

EDIT: I watched the Panthers game, so now they weren't shut-out. That Benjamin guy looks to be a load, hope Maxwell makes it back, not sure Humblethug can keep up if he is even healthy to play this week. And Olsen is doing his usual damage. The Seahawks run defense is missing the past few weeks so maybe the Panthers finally put up a good game running the ball against the Seahawks? This game shouldn't be the usual low-scoring snoozefest the last 2 have been. Two playoff teams playing for their playoff lives early.

Neither has room to maneuver with another loss at this point of the season.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I think Seattle will win because if they don't I dont think they realistically have a shot at the playoffs... There would be too much ground to make up with an extremely difficult schedule at the end... They have to win now...

12downunder

Reaction score
Hawks will win. They found there grove again after that hard loss against the Rams. It showed what they are able to do. Panthers D is REALLY struggling and their run D is really poor so lynch and wilson will pound them down. I say it will be a low scoring game 21-10 Hawks..

Your my boy Drew ;)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Because they're at home, I'll give the Cards a FG win (though Philly seems to play as well on the road as at home), 27-24.

Hawks somehow, some way manage to find a way to win in Carolina (a team that's a bigger mess than we are), 30-28.

Maybe the Lambs give the Chefs a bit of trouble, but KC is a very difficult place to win. Chefs win going away, 31-16.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tough couple of games upcoming for Arizona I wouldn't be shocked to see a 3-way tie at the top between Arizona, San Francisco, and Seattle in 2 weeks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Eagles win, Seahawks win, Rams lose

Division begins to get really fun.

12downunder

Reaction score
Yeah the Cards really have a huge test on their hands with this game. They've faught hard this far and beat some tough teams but none the caliber like the Eagles yet. So if they beat the these guys it will come down to the last play. They will have to be 100% on their A game. If not Eagles get this one hands down. Then going to Dallas. Well good luck there.
It's do or die for the Hawks now, need this win and will take advantage of carolina as long as they don't get penalised for more then 80yards... I'm eager to see who's filling in the full back pos, Pete says its game day decision and we will have to wait n see!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
24 hours to go and we will know how the division stands! Stoked!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Both teams did what they needed to do last night, and I did not expect either game to end the way they did! Congrats guys on your win! I will need a few days after todays emotional game!

drdiags

Reaction score
ringless":31fxf49k said:
Both teams did what they needed to do last night, and I did not expect either game to end the way they did! Congrats guys on your win! I will need a few days after todays emotional game!

Congrats Ringless. As the stakes get higher I would imagine things will get a little surly.