NFL Refs

CaptBennett

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. I don't know what to say, I'm just speechless. Yes, the Seahawks did not play that great yesterday, but that fumble call at the end was freakin' ridiculous. I don't understand how that doesn't get reviewed... What dumbass makes that decision when it will affect the winner of the game.

Not only was that call indisputably bad, but did anybody see the 49'ers player get tripped by the back judge when Emmanuel Sanders got his TD last night? Complete BS how that touchdown counted.

But whatever, that's the kind of stuff that's going to happen when you have a rotten POS like Roger Goodell running the league.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
CaptBennett":39vy52sw said:
This is getting ridiculous. I don't know what to say, I'm just speechless. Yes, the Seahawks did not play that great yesterday, but that fumble call at the end was freakin' ridiculous. I don't understand how that doesn't get reviewed... What dumbass makes that decision when it will affect the winner of the game.

Not only was that call indisputably bad, but did anybody see the 49'ers player get tripped by the back judge when Emmanuel Sanders got his TD last night? Complete BS how that touchdown counted.

But whatever, that's the kind of stuff that's going to happen when you have a rotten POS like Roger Goodell running the league.

Not going to change until Goodell is gone and the NFL has full time refs.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Easy way to fix the problem. Any professional sport that has an anti-trust exemption is required to pay the government a fee to pay for officials. The officials themselves become government employees and are completely separate from the league. The league has no direct contact with the officials, only able to communicate mandates to the agency. The league has no idea which officials are going to be where from week to week (including the playoffs and finals.) Part of the performance management for the officials is rating surveys collected from the teams each week.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Bitter":1kshhepl said:
Easy way to fix the problem. Any professional sport that has an anti-trust exemption is required to pay the government a fee to pay for officials. The officials themselves become government employees and are completely separate from the league. The league has no direct contact with the officials, only able to communicate mandates to the agency. The league has no idea which officials are going to be where from week to week (including the playoffs and finals.) Part of the performance management for the officials is rating surveys collected from the teams each week.

Works for me!

OrFan

Reaction score
Yeah, that is what we need, the government interfering in another aspect of our lives.

homerun1970

Reaction score
So we can go from incompetent refs to really incompetent oversight of the refs? I bet we can add at least 60 pages of rules in the first year to slow down and delay games from getting accomplished.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
homerun1970":2rsdyeod said:
So we can go from incompetent refs to really incompetent oversight of the refs? I bet we can add at least 60 pages of rules in the first year to slow down and delay games from getting accomplished.

The leagues would still determine their own rules and what the emphasis should be on.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
OrFan":fx1312g3 said:
Yeah, that is what we need, the government interfering in another aspect of our lives.

thank you. yeah the government will make it all better. SMH.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":9h9y9yxj said:
OrFan":9h9y9yxj said:

It isn't that I think the government is the best place for them to be placed, it is that I think it is the only likely possibility (not that I think what I purposed is likely) in the solution I purposed. The focus of what I am saying is creating a buffer between the leagues and their officials.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Bitter":2wvsb4iw said:
Chukarhawk":2wvsb4iw said:
OrFan":2wvsb4iw said:

It isn't that I think the government is the best place for them to be placed, it is that I think it is the only likely possibility (not that I think what I purposed is likely) in the solution I purposed. The focus of what I am saying is creating a buffer between the leagues and their officials.

Ya you know kinda like not letting the fox guard the hen house.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I think the government would do a great job of officiating football games. They've done a great job so far of bringing stability in the middle east, educating our children, getting the country out of a deficit, helping out the poor, building pristine roads with no traffic, and preventing people from doing drugs...that I just don't see how more government could be a bad idea. I would also like to see the government take over our internet and sex lives as well.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Fender on the sex life part they would not be bad manage to screw people often and hard.

I don't know how they got into MLB, Bonds fiasco, Schilling , etc. I do think they have more pressing issues to solve than did that have all the elements of a hold.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bitter":2ftsugow said:
I like what you are saying, except for the government involvement part. Might be better off having a separate company running the officiating. I think the league has too much control over the zebras currently and fails to address the glaring piss poor officiating effecting the out comes of games. I think officials need to be full time and they need to graded and those grades released to the public.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3lpqa85z said:
Bitter":3lpqa85z said:
I like what you are saying, except for the government involvement part. Might be better off having a separate company running the officiating. I think the league has too much control over the zebras currently and fails to address the glaring piss poor officiating effecting the out comes of games. I think officials need to be full time and they need to graded and those grades released to the public.

The point of the government being involved is using the antitrust exemption to force the issue. I would be all for the government not being involved if possible.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
homerun1970":30b8iybi said:
Fender on the sex life part they would not be bad manage to screw people often and hard.

I don't know how they got into MLB, Bonds fiasco, Schilling , etc. I do think they have more pressing issues to solve than did that have all the elements of a hold.
In English?

homerun1970

Reaction score
RunTheBall":19p770kn said:
homerun1970":19p770kn said:

In English?

Necessary?