DT Suh with freed up cap space ?

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I'm not too big into knowing the inner workings of contracts and cap space, all that front office stuff. I do know that Percy Harvin's cap hit was fairly large this and next year, have read between 12m to 13m. With all that freed up now, is that anywhere close to being able to pay Suh? I don't know the avg yearly salary of a top rate DT, but I wouldn't think 12m to 13m would be that far off.

Rat

Reaction score
He's the best player on the NFL's #1 ranked defense. No chance he's going to be available.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Can we not make these awful off-season threads during the season?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
He is going to be a UFA and he is from the beautiful Pacific North West.

Why the heck not!!

homerun1970

Reaction score
Because he's a headache also! Roger has been nice cause he is on the Lions, put him on the Hawks first offense lifetime ban.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rat":1uboj8vi said:
He's the best player on the NFL's #1 ranked defense. No chance he's going to be available.

Not via trade.. but he's absolutely hitting FA next season.

Rat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":248ypfgn said:
Rat":248ypfgn said:

Strongly disagreed. The only way he's not with the Lions next year is if they go the tag and trade route. There are easily double-digit teams that would give up a first round pick for him. Players of his caliber almost never hit free agency.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rat":1jm2dp2h said:
Hasselbeck":1jm2dp2h said:
Rat":1jm2dp2h said:

Strongly disagreed. The only way he's not with the Lions next year is if they go the tag and trade route. There are easily double-digit teams that would give up a first round pick for him. Players of his caliber almost never hit free agency.
Suh makes over 22 mil this year. with the mandatory 20% bump for a tag, he would be under contract for 27 mil next year.

The case for the Lions not tagging Suh is a strong one.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1nl6ewoq said:
Can we not make these awful off-season threads during the season?

Based on your behavior in the Tony Stewart thread, I do not think that you have the credit to be calling any threads awful.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ajxnrpv said:
Rat":1ajxnrpv said:
Hasselbeck":1ajxnrpv said:
Rat":1ajxnrpv said:

Suh makes over 22 mil this year. with the mandatory 20% bump for a tag, he would be under contract for 27 mil next year.

The case for the Lions not tagging Suh is a strong one.

There is no way he will be tagged again which means he'll probably be FA unless extension is signed before, but I highly doubt it. Reports from "sources" saying he's interested in being in NY. Guy is a monster.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Do we really need to talk offseason stuff in week 8? Especially since it seems we're looking at landing a big WR that is in fact available. He will never be traded and I don't see us being serious players for him in FA next year.

lsheldon

Reaction score
City Of Reign":30qbpwr7 said:
I'm not too big into knowing the inner workings of contracts and cap space, all that front office stuff. I do know that Percy Harvin's cap hit was fairly large this and next year, have read between 12m to 13m.
With all that freed up now
, is that anywhere close to being able to pay Suh? I don't know the avg yearly salary of a top rate DT, but I wouldn't think 12m to 13m would be that far off.

Just because Percy is gone doesn't mean his entire salary is freed up and available to be used. According to overthecap.com, Percy's contract accounts for 6.929 Million in dead money this year, and 7.2 Million dead money for next year. Quite an expensive trade for our team when you consider the draft picks to get him and the money he's costing us when he's no longer here.

Largent80

Reaction score
Holy crap, we are 3-3.

It is 3 wins better than 0-6 and we have a shot this year. Can we focus on what we have, and the remaining games?

Suh may be from the NW but he has a current contract that is ridiculous. And, he isn't THAT dominant.

We sure could use him now but the off season is many months away.

Rat

Reaction score
Interesting stuff; maybe it's less unlikely than I thought. I can't remember the last time a defensive player THAT good was available. Make it happen if there's any way.

And to those saying it's too early, we could be undefeated and unscored on, and it wouldn't be too early. It's fun to think ahead. I sure hope our front office thinks ahead.

pehawk

Reaction score
Suh is a realistic dream, actually. Odd duck that would love to be closer to home (or so I've heard).

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I am more than a little offended that a member of this community would be so disrespectful as to post a thread without checking with MizzouHawkGal and making sure that the topic was interesting to her.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1kb5920o said:
Do we really need to talk offseason stuff in week 8? Especially since it seems we're looking at landing a big WR that is in fact available. He will never be traded and I don't see us being serious players for him in FA next year.

Ah yes, whenever absolutes like the bolded are predicted it makes me all happy inside, because they are generally proven to be wrong. This is the NFL, and money is king, Suh will probably be with a new team come the off season as he is still a dominant force that has to be considered by the opposing team.

Latest posts