Chargers -v - Broncos + Refs

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
This is just getting ridiculous - it is clearly evident that officiating has way, way too much involvement in todays NFL.

Unreal -

RunTheBall

Reaction score
An NFL darling team (Broncos with Manning) getting a huge blown call going their way? Not possible.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Feed the Hawk":he70pcva said:
Getting pretty hard to watch some of these games. If the hold came after the interception, how is it 'before the pass'?

Because it's PeyPey the golden child.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":rpd7a0va said:
Feed the Hawk":rpd7a0va said:
Getting pretty hard to watch some of these games. If the hold came after the interception, how is it 'before the pass'?

This. The NFL is going to do everything in its power to give the Broncos the #1 seed. No way is some random team from San Diego going to be allowed to win that division. The overturned fumble and ticky-tack holding call on the PeyPey INT just confirm what we already knew.

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
RunTheBall":27v57t49 said:
lvnginhwktwn":27v57t49 said:
Feed the Hawk":27v57t49 said:

This. The NFL is going to do everything in its power to give the Broncos the #1 seed. No way is some random team from San Diego going to be allowed to win that division. The overturned fumble and ticky-tack holding call on the PeyPey INT just confirm what we already knew.

This is why I think (as much as it pains me) that I dont really want the Hawks to go to the super bowl this year.
My fear is that it wil turn out the same as XL if the broncos get there. Its looking that way. I really was trying to not be one that was blaming the refs, but watching the way the refs are making their calls this year...... Its not just Hawk games, It is all games. Heck by the end of the first quarter you can tall who the refs want to win.
Hammer me all you want, i dont care. I will watch this year and if the broncos get to the super bowl and win it becase of all the calls go there way. I will be done.

NINEster

Reaction score
One could only hope that the home team bias in two straight games has a bit to play with this ref help for Denver.

On a neutral setting, I think it won't be as bad.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The difference in this game was Denver's ability to run all over SD while stopping SD's run game cold. Denver was also +2 in turnovers and +2 in sacks.

AFC or NFC, Denver is the team to beat. No question (imo).

Cyrus12

Reaction score
nfl wants manning to win at all cost. easy schedule favorable calls. its his year...like it was supposed to be last year. really hope he shits the bed in the sb . but since he will likely face either krapper or romo i like mannings chances.....maybe he will retire after....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
...or worse....think he is way better than he is...and try to stay for another 4 years. ewww.... :sarcasm_off:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
10676243_10205039778812673_5629500278147769349_n.jpg

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The only way to beat Denver in the Super Bowl is the way we did last year. Dominate them from the get go, and establish an insurmountable lead so that the refs can't effect the game. They won't outright throw it, but if the game is close enough, they will make the calls to ensure the desired outcome is the most likely. Last year we made sure that the refs could not effect the game in a meaningful way.

With the way the NFL is going, I worry that Pete's philosophy of "protect the ball and score just enough to win" will bite us. We are going to have to put our feet on the necks of our opponents and dominate them to win.

- bsd

drdiags

Reaction score
I don't agree that the Broncos got an easy schedule. Folks were joking before the season how the AFC West was going to get rolled by the NFC West. The Broncos were going to get 2 of the 4 at home but before the season at least to me, I figured the 9ers and Cardinals would be able to beat them in Denver. The AFC West, besides the Raiders isn't a pushover for the Broncos either.

The NFL wants this league to be an QB-driven one, with wide open scoring. A few teams have gone against this madness but the league will get its pound of flesh. Just have to adjust and adapt.

The Chargers could not run and the Broncos made the Chargers run-defense look like tissue paper. Who would have thought the Broncos could get that type of performance out of Hillman against the Chargers?

At this point in time, unless some unexpected team upsets the Broncos prior to the AFC Championship game, I think it comes down to them or the Colts winning the AFC crown. I never discount NE but them and the Ravens seem a step below the Broncos. The Colts looked to be toast after the first few games but have done a 180. Time will tell with them.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I didn't watch most of the game, but saw that Weddle interception and the BS flag. That flag came out soooo late after the interception and the "hold".

I just had to laugh... the ref's basically just gave Peyton a do over.

IcWQlGe

ivotuk

Reaction score
My buddy is a San Diego fan, he figures they want Denver and Dallas in the Stuporbowl. A couple of geriatric QBs tossing ducks to each other's defenses.

Case in point, Bill Leavy's "tripping" call on Sherman for tackling Dez. I'm sure he was pissed that it wasn't a touchdown so he gave them an extra 15 yards.

He probably hates Seattle after he felt compelled to admit "I kicked a couple of calls." People probably jumped all over him about it and like most people of weak character, he will focus his anger on the easiest target.

Largent80

Reaction score
I started a thread in the main forum 2 weeks ago about officiating, and even another one this week.

This has become simply, epidemic, and in the end, we as fans can stop watching.

I have come to an early conclusion that even though I bought S.T this year, I will never again get it, nor will I buy anymore NFL stamped merchandise. These are the things us fans can do, other than simply getting a petition going, which I am surprised nobody has.

In short. The NFL has given these incompitent idiots too much control and it is ruining football.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Largent80":3i3dwa1e said:
I started a thread in the main forum 2 weeks ago about officiating, and even another one this week.

This has become simply, epidemic, and in the end, we as fans can stop watching.

I have come to an early conclusion that even though I bought S.T this year, I will never again get it, nor will I buy anymore NFL stamped merchandise. These are the things us fans can do, other than simply getting a petition going, which I am surprised nobody has.

In short. The NFL has given these incompitent idiots too much control and it is ruining football.

Someone had the idea of Refs working for outside source, I like that idea, not necessarily the government but a faction independent of Goodell.