Week 9 NFC west (The race tightens addition)

ringless

Reaction score
Arizona 6-1 AT Dallas 6-2
Oakland 0-7 AT Seattle 4-3
St. Louis 2-5 AT San Fran 4-3

Arizona loses.... Despite the fact I think we MAY be the better team.... Yes Dallas lost to Washington at home... But traveling is never easy, and the NFL changes week by week. Dallas is still a good team. A loss did not change that. However, I think we lose failing to get the points we need on our last drive. It's hard to write, because I've hated the Cowboys since my childhood when we shared the division.

Arizona 6-2 with their first NFC conference loss.

Seattle, I think you guys come out focused, and ready to dominate. Oakland is -76 net points. This could be a great stepping stone to work out some of the kinks you guys have. I really don't see anyway Oakland wins in Seattle. 5-3

San Fransico beats STL! It's too bad STL couldn't close out that game at home or this division would be looking a lot different right now. In fact SF would be last lol! I just got excited over something that wasn't real though, but hey... The thought of how close it was to that brings a smile and it would've been a humbling experience.... In any case, St. Louis lost their whole team to injuries this past week. You really have to feel for them. 5-3

I think the division after this game is a one game race.... As much as I hate it.... The importance of every game in a 16 game season just can't be overstated. Anyways, I'm looking forward to what you all think and have to say

Polaris

Reaction score
I tend to agree. The challenge from Seattle's PoV is not to overlook the Raiders, but the fact the Raiders curbstomped us in Oakland in the final game of preseason should help. I think Seattle takes a step towards getting right again, and wins by a comfortable margin but not the overwhelming margin that some might expect (8-12 pt win I think in a fairly low scoring game).

I would love to have St Louis beat San Fran, but if they couldn't do it in St Louis, I don't see it happening in San Fran esp with San Fran coming off their bye. I agree with you that San Fran wins this one....by about a touchdown I think.

As for Dallas, it's AT Dallas and I think Dallas is a better team (don't want to reopen that discussion here). Not only that but Dallas is going to have blood in it's eye and be absolutely determined not to lose two in a row. I think the Cards keep this close than one might expect on paper...and even make it interesting late (Cards tend to do that), but I see Dallas winning by 2-3 or so late.

So my predictions match yours:

Post 2 Nov NFCW records:

Arizona: 6-2 [Cardinals 24 Dallas 26]
San Fran: 5-3 [Rams 17 Niners 24]
Seattle: 5-3 [Raiders 10 Seahawks 21]
St Louis: 2-6 [Rams 17 Niners 24]

lucky49

Reaction score
the cards are so lucky. don't have to play the cowboys until now, when they suck again and romo is hurt

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yeah if Romo's out it's a whole different scenerio especially since Washington exposed their OL versus the blitz. The NFL being what it is means that Arizona will bring the house until Dallas proves they can stop it. So nothing is a lock in that game to me.

Polaris

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3q84f08x said:
Yeah if Romo's out it's a whole different scenerio especially since Washington exposed their OL versus the blitz. The NFL being what it is means that Arizona will bring the house until Dallas proves they can stop it. So nothing is a lock in that game to me.

Official word this morning is that Romo had a minor back sprain with no damage and is expected to play. We'll see. You're right that the game becomes quite different if Romo can't play.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3nd4d7jz said:
since Washington exposed their OL versus the blitz.
Hardly. Did you see how many players the Redskins were blitzing with a lot of the time? Very risky; it paid off for them, but they could have been burned a lot by Dallas. Should have been, frankly.

drdiags

Reaction score
I expect the 9ers and Seahawks to win. Shocker if either falls flat at home.

For the Cardinals, before last night I figured they had a chance to go to Dallas and win. If Peterson does not clear his Concussion protocol and Romo can play, I think the Cardinals will have a tougher time there. I haven't followed the Cardinals very closely this season so I wonder how they have done against the run?

I think I heard Campbell was out earlier for a few games but will assume he is back. Cardinals defense travels as seen in their recent game at Denver. They lost but it was a competitive game. Romo is good but I would be surprised if he torches the Cards. I am going to stick with my feeling that the Cards get it done in Dallas.

redbird

Reaction score
drdiags":16r63nrq said:

For the Cardinals, before last night I figured they had a chance to go to Dallas and win. If Peterson does not clear his Concussion protocol and Romo can play, I think the Cardinals will have a tougher time there. I haven't followed the Cardinals very closely this season so I wonder how they have done against the run?

I think I heard Campbell was out earlier for a few games but will assume he is back. Cardinals defense travels as seen in their recent game at Denver. They lost but it was a competitive game. Romo is good but I would be surprised if he torches the Cards. I am going to stick with my feeling that the Cards get it done in Dallas.

Cards are doing very well against the run, poor against the pass. They are blitzing often, but not getting to the QB. DBs are 1 on 1 for what seems like the majority of the time. The SS/FS are always hanging near the Oline it seems.

Polaris

Reaction score
redbird":2qlhnhrk said:
drdiags":2qlhnhrk said:

Cards are doing very well against the run, poor against the pass. They are blitzing often, but not getting to the QB. DBs are 1 on 1 for what seems like the majority of the time. The SS/FS are always hanging near the Oline it seems.

Which is why if Romo plays and is mostly effective, I think that Cardinals lose (esp in Dallas). If Romo isn't effective......that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

redbird

Reaction score
Polaris":lnquh0zo said:
redbird":lnquh0zo said:
drdiags":lnquh0zo said:

Which is why if Romo plays and is mostly effective, I think that Cardinals lose (esp in Dallas). If Romo isn't effective......that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

Agreed. And it's the tight end position that usually burns this team the most. Fortunately Witten isn't the same player he used to be, but still need to keep an eye on him.

Chawks1

Reaction score
ringless":1mr61ize said:
Arizona 6-1 AT Dallas 6-2
Oakland 0-7 AT Seattle 4-3
St. Louis 2-5 AT San Fran 4-3

Arizona loses.... Despite the fact I think we MAY be the better team.... Yes Dallas lost to Washington at home... But traveling is never easy, and the NFL changes week by week. Dallas is still a good team. A loss did not change that. However, I think we lose failing to get the points we need on our last drive. It's hard to write, because I've hated the Cowboys since my childhood when we shared the division.

Arizona 6-2 with their first NFC conference loss.

Seattle, I think you guys come out focused, and ready to dominate. Oakland is -76 net points. This could be a great stepping stone to work out some of the kinks you guys have. I really don't see anyway Oakland wins in Seattle. 5-3

San Fransico beats STL! It's too bad STL couldn't close out that game at home or this division would be looking a lot different right now. In fact SF would be last lol! I just got excited over something that wasn't real though, but hey... The thought of how close it was to that brings a smile and it would've been a humbling experience.... In any case, St. Louis lost their whole team to injuries this past week. You really have to feel for them. 5-3

I think the division after this game is a one game race.... As much as I hate it.... The importance of every game in a 16 game season just can't be overstated. Anyways, I'm looking forward to what you all think and have to say

I think you are catching Dallas at the right time......you guys blitz a ton and that is what they had trouble with against the Redskins. Wth or without Romo I still think you guys take this one.....Dallas' only 2 losses have been at Jerryland. They have no home field advantage there. I hope you lose so we can gain a game in the standings though!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
lucky49":31in9as1 said:
the cards are so lucky. don't have to play the cowboys until now, when they suck again and romo is hurt

We don't know if they suck again. They lost a game. But thank you for admitting they sucked when they played you. :p I know people on the webzone have a hard time giving any credit to any team but their's since all other teams that win a game go into a few categories or excuses (Undeserved wins, refs, luck, timing, Goodell ect) But in any case, if the Cowboys do suddenly suck again isn't it only fair we play them on equal terms that you guys got to play on?

In any case, Washington has a better pass rush than the Cardinals. We often send the house leaving the players playing man. I am sure next week we will see a different Cowboys team than who came to play against Washington. However, if the Cardinals do win then I think they are going to be serious contenders for a bye week and it would be the game that really convinces me we are for real.

pehawk

Reaction score
If the Cowboys had issues vs Haslett's blitzing, umm, eek! And, we saw last night and in Seattle what the Cowboys do with the football; they turn it over. That's just in their DNA.

Arian's going to wipe the floor with the Cowboys coaching staff.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Seahawks are 15.5 point favorites, SF is 10 point favorites, AZ 4 point underdogs... I think that says a lot.

Polaris

Reaction score
ringless":2giuyjpd said:
Seahawks are 15.5 point favorites, SF is 10 point favorites, AZ 4 point underdogs... I think that says a lot.

I think Vegas has it basically right. I don't expect SF or Seattle to cover, but otherwise I agree with Vegas.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Its Romo, week 8 goes out with injury right on schedule. Now the Cowboys will do their usual and start to crap the bed, then Romo will use the injury as an excuse for the lack of performance. My guess is they will go with Murray even more setting him up to be the next player injured.

Same song just different dance.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
This weeks game will have some serious implications at the end of the season I believe. Both Arizona and Seattle have 9 games remaining while Dallas has 8. If Arizona wins... They would have a 2 game lead with 8 to play. There is a good chance they split with Seattle which leaves 6 games.. AZ most likely would own the tiebreaker at this point in the event of a tie. Which means in 6 games you would have to gain 3 on us. So if we went 3-3 in the other 6 you would have to go 6-0.....

On the other hand lets say it was a wildcard spot Seattle was shooting for. The best case scenario would be for Dallas to win the division, since if they came in second in their division and tied with Seattle it would be Seattle that misses. Which really is a way of saying they have to beat Philly. That game is crucial.

Polaris

Reaction score
ringless":1grclk9b said:
This weeks game will have some serious implications at the end of the season I believe. Both Arizona and Seattle have 9 games remaining while Dallas has 8. If Arizona wins... They would have a 2 game lead with 8 to play. There is a good chance they split with Seattle which leaves 6 games.. AZ most likely would own the tiebreaker at this point in the event of a tie. Which means in 6 games you would have to gain 3 on us. So if we went 3-3 in the other 6 you would have to go 6-0.....

On the other hand lets say it was a wildcard spot Seattle was shooting for. The best case scenario would be for Dallas to win the division, since if they came in second in their division and tied with Seattle it would be Seattle that misses. Which really is a way of saying they have to beat Philly. That game is crucial.

I see no reason why Seattle can't win both against the Cards. The Cards also have to play San Fran as well. The bottom line is that San Fran, Seattle, and Arizona all have their fate (for the division) in their own hands. As a Seattle fan, I will be holding my nose and rooting for the cowboys.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":1gar96je said:
lucky49":1gar96je said:

We don't know if they suck again. They lost a game. But thank you for admitting they sucked when they played you. :p I know people on the webzone have a hard time giving any credit to any team but their's since all other teams that win a game go into a few categories or excuses (Undeserved wins, refs, luck, timing, Goodell ect) But in any case, if the Cowboys do suddenly suck again isn't it only fair we play them on equal terms that you guys got to play on?

In any case, Washington has a better pass rush than the Cardinals. We often send the house leaving the players playing man. I am sure next week we will see a different Cowboys team than who came to play against Washington. However, if the Cardinals do win then I think they are going to be serious contenders for a bye week and it would be the game that really convinces me we are for real.

ya...I really don't buy into the "they sucked in week one and were better in Seattle" argument.

That run game was just as potent.

Yup...Romo turned the ball over 3 times, but one was a touchback and another was effectively a punt.

I know its the mantra of this forum to say that the week 1 win by the Niners should somehow be discounted, but Niners DOMINATED in the first half (Skuta forced a Murray fumble returned for TD, 2 80 yard TD drives) before taking their foot off the gas . The game was never really in question.

Even if Romo doesn't throw that pick in the endzone to Willis its 28-10 at halftime. Niners still had to drive those 80 yards...and did.

Romo had a bad game...no question...but this idea that it was ALL Romo is incorrect. Niners played well in Dallas. Hell...Kaps QB rating was 125 and before anyone says it, he was given ONE short field by Romo. The D made a play there too to get that short field.