Thanksgiving Game at Levi's

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a UK Hawkfan visiting San Francisco next month to vist family who are living out there. Miraculously, they have managed to get me a ticket to the Hawks v 49ers game on TNF

The ticket is in section 422 (top tier) and I wanted to know how to find out if this is going to be a HOME fan section or by chance where Seahawk fans might be? I will be wearing my Hawks jersey with pride either way,

Go Hawks.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3mid6zpg said:
Hi all,

I'm a UK Hawkfan visiting San Francisco next month to vist family who are living out there. Miraculously, they have managed to get me a ticket to the Hawks v 49ers game on TNF

The ticket is in section 422 (top tier) and I wanted to know how to find out if this is going to be a HOME fan section or by chance where Seahawk fans might be? I will be wearing my Hawks jersey with pride either way,

Go Hawks.

Don't tap anyone on the shoulder or cut in line when in the restroom.

OP
OP
F

Followthelegion

Reaction score
pretty sound advice...

from what I have heard, 49er fans are very reasonable and generally lovely people..oh wait.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Purchase some Kevlar to wear under your Hawks jersey. Just sayin'.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Followthelegion":ndx6u78r said:
Hi all,

Go Hawks.

I dug around and found a few tidbits of info for you

400 Level Sideline

The sidelines on the 400 level are your best option if keeping things on a budget is a must. Whether its your first NFL game or you plan an annual sports trip, this is the place for you. Most fans get a little taken back by the fact that these seats are only located on the visitors side, but fear not, you’ll still be seated in a sea of red.

http://blog.fandeavor.com/2014/09/24/be ... s-stadium/

This link shows a view from section 422 which appears to be in a corner of the stadium.

[urltargetblank]https://seatgeek.com/venues/levi-s-stadium/seating-chart/san-francisco-49ers-137792/section-422[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
F

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Thanks KidHawk much appreciated. It seems to be on one corner of the upper tier so I reckon its safe to say I might be away from the die hard fans, maybe the fact that its on the 'visitors side' might mean a few Seatlle fans up there too.

& re. the Kevlar advice....duly noted.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
You will be fine, if you can handle Rugby matches in the UK, Levi stadium will seem tame.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You may want to tape some magazines around your torso under your jersey.

I'm kind of joking...And kind of not.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Followthelegion":1m0o0099 said:
Hi all,

Go Hawks.

LOL at all the jokes in this thread...

...but to answer your question...

Stadium is very young and almost all of the seats are attached to an SBL, so I wouldn't really expect a "Hawk" section per se. I'm sure many of them will be there though as it was the highest priced ticket of the season so MANY people sold theirs.

I am an SBL holder and sold my tix (mainly because I am going to be out of town on Thanksgiving) and I'd expect the price of the tickets got many others to sell as well.

Anyway...Section 422 is up in the nosebleeds on the far end of the 400 section (visitor sideline) with about a 3/4 view of the corner of the south endzone. There is no 400 section on the other side of the building...that's the suite tower.

While kinda nosebleed and off to the side...there are really no bad seats at Levis. No obstructed views and the seats are closer than some other stadiums because all the suites are one the other side of the field.

Additionally...situated where you are you will be in the sun pregame, but it won't be right in your eyes. It will be to your left so should be all good. Sun will be down a bit after kickoff anyway.

One last thing to be aware of...Speakers.

South of the stadium there is a residential area. To alleviate many of their concerns, the stadium was built with most of its LOUD speakers in the Jumbotron of the south endzone (so point north). There are no or very few speakers in the north end. The result of this is it may be LOUD.

EDIT: Field View

www.levisstadium.com/seats

422 zpsb5ff8a86

mikeak

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3gurjbbr said:
so I reckon its safe to say I might be away from the die hard fans, .

Normally the opposite applies. Die hard fans, tougher fans will be in the cheaper seats with suits closer to the action

If anything I encountered a lot more drunk fans and fights in the cheapseats.

You don't have a section designated for visiting fans so you will just be dropped into the red and hopefully your jersey won't be matching red at the end of it all.........

I travelled to a lot of soccer games in europe and knew that as long as I stuck to my friends and other fans were relatively ok (back in the 90s). The issue at NFL games is that the violence is a lot less but you are more isolated as you are not part of a big visiting group. I would not wear an away jersey if I was the only one wearing it. Besides the safety aspect it simply isn't worth the hassle to me

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I wonder how many -if any NET guys will be going..Since Marvin chose to high tail out of it(Jk)..

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zmus40c said:
You may want to tape some magazines around your torso under your jersey.

I'm kind of joking...And kind of not.

It's really sad that things like the bathroom brawl are happening still, thought when they moved we'd lose the thug type fans.

Hopefully with time things will improve. I still think if this guy can handle rugby matches in the UK he can handle any stadium in the NFL.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Have a great trip, OP. Shouldn't be much more than 40 or 50 thousand hooligans in attendance. You've likely seen worse. I'd advise carrying a box cutter in each pocket.

Just kidding. Kind of. Lots of cops posing as Hawk fans so if I were you, I'd just pose as a cop posing as a Hawk fan. To pull this off, you'll want to carry a gun.

I have it much worse. My wife's sister has invited us to thanksgiving dinner. The husband is a season's ticket holder with the 9ers even though he lives in Hawaii. That bad. I have weaseled my way out of this time after time but this time, I got caught cold. There is no way in hell I'm going over there. It's all about damage control now.

Have fun at the game bro. It will be cold so maybe hide your gear under your jacket as you exit the stadium. I would.

OP
OP
F

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Thanks to all you guys for the input, the humour definitely improved my day!! :D

It will be my first time going to a Hawks game so pretty excited. As long as I'm not obnoxious and drunk hopefully things will be alright. Definitely taking a jacket to zip up after the game when leaving the stadium, particularly if we can grind out an unexpected (but not improbable) W.

I saw that it was a 5:30 kick-off, in the UK at the moment that would mean darkness, rain and temperatures around 6/7 degress but earlier post mentioned Sun which is encouraging!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Wear your Hawk colors. And a pink speedo. The only people who will mess with you then will not be thinking about sticking a knife in you.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think a rainbow speedo would make you a LOT of friends.

Plus they aren't so tough, We went in 2009, in the cheap seats and the best they could do was throw french fries at one of the guys in our group.