Ray Mcdonald unlikely to be charged ? mercury news

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":qlmrfl1d said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...rs-leaning-against-charging-49er-ray-mcdonald

Well I don't think many here will be surprised by this. I will be interested to hear what their reason is for why they didn't.

Edit to correct link

I know there was some question in regards to the victim because she pulled a gun on him a few months earlier.

Could be they think he's innocent or it could be that they simply don't think they have a convictable case based on prior events.

I know the victim has hired her own attorney so that makes me wonder why she thought that would be necessary unless she thought SHE might be charged with something. No clue.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":30lfnql8 said:
I know the victim has hired her own attorney so that makes me wonder why she thought that would be necessary unless she thought SHE might be charged with something. No clue.

you honestly cant conceive why someone would hire an attorney except to defend themself?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2wb06dum said:
Marvin49":2wb06dum said:

you honestly cant conceive why someone would hire an attorney except to defend themself?

I assume you're implying a civil suit? Could be, but from the link it sounds like she might also be under investigation:

But legal experts have said the May incident also forced prosecutors to examine the woman's history of aggression, if any. She has retained her own lawyer in the matter.

Also, worth saying that as the D.A. did with Ahmad Brooks, if the D.A.'s office doesn't charge they'll be releasing a full report explaining why they didn't charge, given the high profile nature of the case (they don't do this when they charge, as they did with Aldon Smith). The SJPD is clearly a mess, but the D.A.'s office has gone out of it's way in the past to be transparent, which is what we should all hope for.*

*(as an example, I was critical of the D.A. not charging Brooks, until I read their report, which had a ton of information, and made it really clear how screwed that case was to prosecute for a bunch a reasons).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ho6srtm said:
Marvin49":1ho6srtm said:

Relax. I didn't make any definitive statement. Just saying she hired an attorney and McDonald wasn't the only one being investigated.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hq3unjl said:
Uncle Si":3hq3unjl said:
Marvin49":3hq3unjl said:

Relax. I didn't make any definitive statement. Just saying she hired an attorney and McDonald wasn't the only one being investigated.

It's always smart to hire an attorney, especially in a case like this where she could sue McDonald in a civil court for damages to squeeze some money out of him........or to represent her in case he sues her back for libel or something.

lsheldon

Reaction score
It's the Santa Clara DA's office. They never charge 49'ers and always come up with a way of skirting the law for them. Typical Bay Area BS....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zks7cuz said:
Uncle Si":1zks7cuz said:
Marvin49":1zks7cuz said:

you responded twice... once to explain yourself by adding more caveats, then again to tell me to relax?

atta boy...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
lsheldon":1o7ibdl0 said:
It's the Santa Clara DA's office. They never charge 49'ers and always come up with a way of skirting the law for them. Typical Bay Area BS....
And rebuttal by all the local Whiner fans in 5-4-3...................

(and still badly in need of that yawning smilie)

ivotuk

Reaction score
And once again, there's domestic violence where the player calls in a buddy cop and lo and behold! "Let's cast aspersions! the girl!"

This sounds too much like "she was asking for it" to me. "Well a while back she had a gun" BS.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
What the hell the NFL and the Ravens let Ray Rice's lady apologize for being knocked out. I figure John told Jimmy boy "hey don't go so far as have her apologize for getting beat it doesn't end well." Jimmy and company then just decided to cast doubt on her character and convince everyone that a pregnant lady was gonna open a can of whoopass on a pro football player.
The San Jose DA also had a very tough time finding people who had witnessed the crime. I mean hey its difficult to find a large man with his name stamped across his back. They gave their best it is just hard to step out of the luxury box and interview those people. I mean hey doing police work could prove to be a conflict of interest with your employer the 49ers. :sarcasm_off:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":r82tx53j said:
lsheldon":r82tx53j said:
And rebuttal by all the local Whiner fans in 5-4-3...................

(and still badly in need of that yawning smilie)

So everyone that's ever been under investigation is guilty? Why bother investigating. So when the woman recently accused Marshawn of a crime we should all just say screw it, he's guilty right?

You're just upset because he is a 49er and isn't being charged, therefore he will still be able to play. You need to get over it. By the way how's Marshawn's DUI case coming along?

Apparently not only 49ers are "skirting the law" in the Bay area

"We are resolving the case Friday by pleading to a wet reckless," said Ivan Golde, Lynch's attorney. "We have a strong case for trial and could win the case, but the last thing he needs is to go through a public trial.

"He's a Super Bowl champion, and he has endorsements pending. For a guy in his position, it just doesn't make any sense to go through a public trial. He has a lot at stake here. You know Marshawn. He's not a media guy. It wouldn't have been good for him to go through all that."

Marshawn Lynch will plead guilty to a lesser charge of reckless driving, ending his pending DUI case.
Lynch also will receive two years of probation as part of the plea bargain, along with a monetary fine that will be determined by the judge.

The dude blows a .08, almost hits a couple of cars on 880 and pleads down to "wet reckless" whatever the F that is?

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
homerun1970":1o7hxev7 said:
lvnginhwktwn":1o7hxev7 said:
You're just upset because he is a 49er and isn't being charged, therefore he will still be able to play. You need to get over it. By the way how's Marshawn's DUI case coming along?

Here I could tell you were very concerned but its settled and done

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...attle-seahawks-pleads-guilty-reckless-driving

My point exactly. He was pleaded down because of his status as a "Superbowl Champion", and I believe his case was in Alameda County. Last time I check Alameda was still in the Bay area.

If that were your or I, we'd be doing jail and probably still have the DUI.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
NO he agreed to a plea. He could have continued but was hanging up endorsements and I know several people who have pled dui to wet reckless not at all uncommon especially when at a .08 limit. I know no one who hit a co worker with a bottle who weren't fired or jailed let alone not charged. they have charged one guy in SC and he was passed the hell out with witnesses. They even were going to let his gun charges go till he made them look stupid by not keeping nose clean.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
homerun1970":3oshcprp said:
NO he agreed to a plea. He could have continued but was hanging up endorsements and I know several people who have pled dui to wet reckless not at all uncommon especially when at a .08 limit. I know no one who hit a co worker with a bottle who weren't fired or jailed let alone not charged. they have charged one guy in SC and he was passed the hell out with witnesses. They even were going to let his gun charges go till he made them look stupid by not keeping nose clean.

Spin it any way you want, bottom line 49er players are not the only players in the NFL getting special treatment. Like I said before the only reason anyone on here is upset, is because he is a 49er.

It is what it is.

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
I'm not upset matter of fact he's not one of your better players. I just like seeing how far you all can spin above reproach into he's not the only one?

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
homerun1970":jscmbj4x said:
I'm not upset matter of fact he's not one of your better players. I just like seeing how far you all can spin above reproach into he's not the only one?

I'm not one of those that thinks we're "above reproach", I just hate to see the pots calling the kettles black. And Marv is our resident spin Dr.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ivotuk":2qa5s0aw said:
And once again, there's domestic violence where the player calls in a buddy cop and lo and behold! "Let's cast aspersions! the girl!"

This sounds too much like "she was asking for it" to me. "Well a while back she had a gun" BS.

Don't even go there. I'm not saying anything remotely close to "she was asking for it". What I was referring to is the fact that 911 previously being by McDonald when she pulled a gun on him. This isn't putting the victim on trial, it's a pertinent fact when the DA examines whether or not it's a winnable case.

I want McDonald to fry if he's guilty and no woman deserves to be abused, but all we are talking about is why the DA may not pursue charges. Pulling a gun a few months before and 911 being called makes it far easier for a defense attourney to show reasonable doubt.

This is no defense of the action...just giving a possible reason why charges wouldn't be filed.

As for his possible guilt, I've maintained all along that the 49ers behavior in this situation makes me think they think he's innocent of the crime.