EPL 2014-15 Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":apduackf said:
I've heard that Sakho was dropped from the squad, and apparently he left the stadium during the Everton game. What's up with him?

So I was wrong I guess.

Dropped in favor of Skrtel then stormed out of training. Compounded his petulance by leaving the match early as well..

Seems to be pouting

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":16hi5uv8 said:
I'd disagree with that. Not sold on Mangala. Big kid for sure. But leggy and awkward.

Sakho is a fine cb..needs the right partner though
Mangala had great performances in the french squad, but I haven't seen him enough playing. You probably have a better insight about him.

Uncle Si":16hi5uv8 said:
So I was wrong I guess.

Dropped in favor of Skrtel then stormed out of training. Compounded his petulance by leaving the match early as well..

Seems to be pouting
I didn't know he left the training session as well. Oh well... :roll: He would not make any further progress in his career with this kinda attitude.

Glasgow Seahawk":16hi5uv8 said:
Who the hell watches Burnley, West Brom in the states? Waste of broadcasting time.
Gosh. Have you watched this game? :lol:

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Did not go to plan on Saturday. A stupid mistake by Flamini gifted a goal to Spurs who barely threatened the goal. But a great goal by Ox, interesting dummy by Welbeck(he totally meant that), got the Gunners a point. It's not a very good point at the moment as Arsenal were in complete control for the majority of this match, Spurs appearing to desire the counter attack. If not for Lloris and Kaboul, Arsenal may have run away with this. And yet more injuries pop up for Arsenal as well, Ramsey's hurt, Arteta's hurt again, and Wilshere got a knock on his ankle. I mean this is Arsenal's current injury list: Ramsey, Arteta, Giroud, Walcott, Gnabry, Sanogo, Monreal & Debuchy. This is getting ridiculous.

I can't fault the performance, as a matter of fact, since the Man City game, Arsenal have been putting out good performances each match(excluding that joke of a game against Dortmund). The team has been improving but they have to stop with the draws ASAP. I'm already annoyed by the pessimism by some Arsenal fans over the match against Chelsea this coming weekend. I can understand, Chelsea have started nearly perfect(one case where they didn't truly deserve any points), memories of last season are still fresh. But it almost seems like there's less than zero faith from some fans, like they almost are expecting a repeat of our last trip to Stamford Bridge.

One thing I wanna ask, that save by Lloris in the second half off of Mertesacker's header, I'm not saying the initial save was a no goal. That was proven. But why didn't we get a second look at what the ball did after the save? I mean Lloris had to push the ball away a second after the initial save. I was shocked that it didn't go in, but then I saw a pic that makes me question exactly how accurate the goal line technology is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
you were happy with that match from Arsenal? I guess I'm suprised to hear that. It seemed lackluster, bereft of ideas and lacked ambition. you were in complete control because Spurs wanted to sit back and hit you on the counter. Better get used to it as well. Arsenals attack (much like Liverpool's) has been exposed. Sit back, wait for chances to press, win the ball high and counter. Villa were knifed apart by the Arsenal mid as they couldnt connect their press to one hinge (like they did with Gerrard), Spurs seemed much more capable.

Ive a decent handful of Gunner friends and all of them were very disappointed in the match, Arsenal's performance.
I think the two clubs are in a bit of trouble at the moment (Liverpool in a bit more trouble). Opponents have sought them out, identified their weaknesses and are more than willing to wait it out.

Also, I dont believe your picture is accurate.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
I've been a season ticket holder at arsenal for over 25 years and I agree our injury list is high..same as last year and maybe the last few years.we question Wenger on his training tactics.too many ex players have said we don't practice tackling in training.so on matchday their bodies are not prepared.we use zonal marking which don't work,we don't practice set pieces.we always try to score the perfect goal.it's gonna be a long season..on the positive side..I'm not a spurs fan..go hawks and come on you gunners

Uncle Si

Reaction score
uk seahawk":1hzhzpaf said:
I've been a season ticket holder at arsenal for over 25 years and I agree our injury list is high..same as last year and maybe the last few years.we question Wenger on his training tactics.too many ex players have said we don't practice tackling in training.so on matchday their bodies are not prepared.we use zonal marking which don't work,we don't practice set pieces.we always try to score the perfect goal.it's gonna be a long season..on the positive side..I'm not a spurs fan..go hawks and come on you gunners

Long season to 4th place atleast....

Despite the many things that may infuriate Gunner supporters about Wenger, he does manage to have them competing relatively deep into every competition and always in that top 4.

at this point I'd take the same thing from Rodgers at Liverpool for the next decade.. and hope things break for you once in awhile to make a strong title challenge.

Nog

Reaction score
uk seahawk":2bl8k369 said:
The only thing that Wenger does well it's to detect future great youngster players. In fact, I really think he is good manger to recruit during transfer windows. Also, really good to form young players. Besides of this? Well, he keeps whining, complaining and loosing. I really hate this aspect of his personality. He is probably the most obnoxious coach IMO.

Still remember the way he was whining in early 90's when Marseilles was outrageously dominating the french championship. He was saying that our players were doped. Sore loser! :lol:

He exclusively turns his tactics for offense which is great, but he denies other aspects of the game. I'm glad that you guys -Arsenal fans- finally realized it.

Uncle Si":2bl8k369 said:
Long season to 4th place atleast....

Despite the many things that may infuriate Gunner supporters about Wenger, he does manage to have them competing relatively deep into every competition and always in that top 4.

at this point I'd take the same thing from Rodgers at Liverpool for the next decade.. and hope things break for you once in awhile to make a strong title challenge.
That's the tip of the iceberg my friend. Arsenal had one of the most competitive squad in the world during the past decade, and they never won the Champions league. Have you wonder why?

They also had chances to win the UEFA cup, but they failed... Most memorable moments for me! Just seeing Wenger's face had made my day.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Had to lol at a Marseille fan talking about someone else being obnoxious. Marseille is a hell hole with fans to match.

Nog

Reaction score
Yeah right. I'm wondering what do you really know about Marseille :roll: Probably all BS you heard from TV screen.

BTW, Marseille fans are probably the most dedicate to their team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":18718lea said:
who's ready for CHELSEA-ARSENAL???!!

YESSS!!!

Sincerely,

Noone

nah, should be a great match to be honest. Interesting to see how both managers approach this one. Chelsea ran riot over Arsenal at the Bridge last year. Wonder if Wenger will change tactics a bit (sounds of Arsenal fans shifting uncomfortably in the seats causes minor earthquake)

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":360inb12 said:
NJSeaHawk":360inb12 said:
who's ready for CHELSEA-ARSENAL???!!

YESSS!!!

Sincerely,

Noone

nah, should be a great match to be honest. Interesting to see how both managers approach this one. Chelsea ran riot over Arsenal at the Bridge last year. Wonder if Wenger will change tactics a bit (sounds of Arsenal fans shifting uncomfortably in the seats causes minor earthquake)

that game fell apart so fast. Cue the Wenger pocket stuffing. Here's to a riveting game for the chaps in blue, and hopefully a job well done. :th2thumbs:

ARS-MAN :p was a good one, hope ARS-CHE is too :0190l:

Nog

Reaction score
Reports are evoking a possible link between Real and Liverpool for Benzema. I hope that will cheer you up guys.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":2b41ryg8 said:
Reports are evoking a possible link between Real and Liverpool for Benzema. I hope that will cheer you up guys.

Could be worse...

Feel like any business with Real is a precursor (or suspicion of) a move for Sterling

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1b58wuu7 said:
Nog":1b58wuu7 said:

Could be worse...

Feel like any business with Real is a precursor (or suspicion of) a move for Sterling
Hum I don't think so... Not saying that Real might not be interested in a near future. If they sell Benzema I feel like they would like to have a top 10 striker (at first). Sure things, they would keep a eye on Sterling if he confirms.

They prospected Benzema for couple years before they made a move for him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Could complain. Won't complain.

2 goals. 3 points.

Moving on

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":x4gmdhop said:
Henderson > Ozil

Come at me

Saying Henderson is better than any midfielder is gonna sound like you've lost it. On current form, Henderson is probably better. I mean Ozil had some good matches against Villa, Spurs and Galatasaray, but because he didn't have a good game against Chelsea everyone's back on the "slate Ozil bandwagon".