NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Coutinho FOR LIFE SON!

That is TOP 5 goals of the season, son.

Pure Class.

*slobber, slobber, slobber*

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Trust me Peaches, I am worried about my blue plastics.

That's why I was rooting for 'Pool!

Hell of a game too, crazy nervous after the 2nd goal! Congrats on the game today, hard earned and well deserved win.

Henderson's goal was not too shabby either, btw.

So on to Millwall, where we, on paper, should give them a proper ass whupping.

However, I could see this as a classic lose to the underdog game,as Chelsea so often loves to do.

But first, we gotta take this Cup and keep Kane away from the free kicks.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Sad to say....but Liverpool looking like the real thing at the moment.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2sicm6mg said:
Seabhac":2sicm6mg said:
Sad to say....but Liverpool looking like the real thing at the moment.

Yeah, fantastic turnaround from the first half of the season. Really playing well together as a team, bossing the midfield, challenging on the attack, using pace on the edges, all of it. Defending has been so much better since the switch to three at the back, too.

The whole mentality has changed. The three back system has allowed the newer players to find a role that got them on the field more, it added weight to where the team was weakest (in midfield, now 5 players, and in the back, now 5 players) and gave the team advanced players to run the high press. Some of the young players have emerged as true talents, including Sterling and Coutinho, but also Can and Sahko.

It makes for an interesting run in. Yesterday was fantastic. The team is playing with confidence, awareness and are fearless. They are young though, and bumps in the road can suddenly derail momentum.

Excited though. I had grown weary of the team's approach in the latter stages of November. You could sense a change in December and it has come full round now in 2015. All credit to Rodgers, who has made some major philosophical changes with his job, career, reputation on the line.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":zu8qcdol said:
It's stupid how ridiculously jammie United have been all season long. With normal luck and no David De Gea, that's a bottom-half team. 60 million on Di Maria and he's shite. Van Gaal says he might take a season to settle in. Rubbish, plenty of other players who cost less have settled just fine. Still, I have a feeling the wheels are about to come off over their next few matches.

Patiently waiting for United and Arsenal to collapse under the weight over their own fortune. United's play is so slow and predictable, and Arsenal are too cute for their own good. I don't see how either can continue the form they are in. United moreso.

Another 3 points however. Didn't gain anything on anyone, but kept the pace. Nice and easy result, which is good for them.

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":62jgqn49 said:
Part of me wants United to win, so that we can kick them out of it, and part of me wants them to lose so that it guarantees another trophyless season for them, with the possibility of once again not qualifying for the CL.

Another Trophyless season?
United have won at least 1 trophy every year for the last 10 years. (yes even David Moyes)

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":2ftibjam said:
peachesenregalia":2ftibjam said:
Part of me wants United to win, so that we can kick them out of it, and part of me wants them to lose so that it guarantees another trophyless season for them, with the possibility of once again not qualifying for the CL.

United have won at least 1 trophy every year for the last 10 years. (yes even David Moyes)

The Manchester United Cup doesn't count.

Beating the youth team is hardly something to write accolades about.

In other news, how bout dem blues!?

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":s90me9w7 said:
Seabhac":s90me9w7 said:
peachesenregalia":s90me9w7 said:

Charity shield? Come on...you beat Wigan Athletic.

I personally rank the Charity Shield higher than the League/Milk/Carling Cup. It's still mickey mouse, but not as much as the League Cup. At least you have to beat the League or FA Cup winner to get it. And so what if its Wigan. They beat the bitters didn't they?

But that's just me.

Smurf

Reaction score
Hey look...an ugly 3 points....The Manchester United way!

Glory Glory.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Smurf":2i5ijgxx said:
Hey look...an ugly 3 points....The Manchester United way!

Glory Glory.

the black and whites really "Sunderlanded" that one up eh? amirite?

No worry Man Poo will be soon removed from their 4th place spot.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[vine]O0tgKVwxUKj[/vine]

Jonny Evans.

A Perfect fit for his club.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...e=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Statement from Jonny Evans

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans has released a statement regarding the match against Newcastle United at St James' Park...

"Having woken up this morning I am shocked to have seen the media coverage from last night’s match. I would like to make it clear that I did not spit at Papiss Cisse.

"I was totally unaware of any spitting incident and had assumed that the issue at the time was with the challenge and his attempted retaliation to the tackle from the floor. During the game Papiss Cisse and I spoke about the incident and it is clear by my reaction in the television footage that I was totally surprised by any suggestion of spitting.

"It is not in my character or in my nature to spit at anybody nor is it something I have ever done or would ever do. It is certainly not something that I did last night."

Jog on with that shit.

Smurf

Reaction score
I think United is just lucky enough to finish top 4 this season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":o1mckdwq said:
I think United is just lucky enough to finish top 4 this season.

While I personally don't see it, they've yet to prove otherwise.

Much tougher fixtures coming up for them. Could go either way, fast, for them. The Newcastle game was just a perfect reflection of their season. Outplayed, given a break by the ref (that was a pen in the first half), saved by De Gea, saved by the poor finishing of their opponent, then finding a late winner from absolutely nothing.

And Johhny Evans is a twat. Totally spit on Cisse. To be fair, Cisse is also a twat and probably deserved no less than a very firm yellow for his stud attempt on Evans knee

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pltbtm1 said:
Much tougher fixtures coming up for them. Could go either way, fast, for them.

Yep - We are about to find out what this team is really made of.
But.... there are other teams that are historically very poor at the run in. Do I have to remind you?