Zags 2016/2017 Thread

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Alright here we go. The first ever number 1 seed to lose to a 16!!!!! Come on baby!!!!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I've never rooted for a sports team before hat had such an anti-fan base like Gonzaga. Seems odd.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":16osfha8 said:
I've never rooted for a sports team before hat had such an anti-fan base like Gonzaga. Seems odd.
I've thrown some barbs at the Zags, but I live here so I am damn well entitled!

As for the rest of the state, I consider the Zags much like funding for the North/South freeway: why should Spokane have that when it's clear the hell on the other side of the state? Who cares?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2dnohtaf said:
Hawkstorian":2dnohtaf said:
I've thrown some barbs at the Zags, but I live here so I am damn well entitled!

As for the rest of the state, I consider the Zags much like funding for the North/South freeway: why should Spokane have that when it's clear the hell on the other side of the state? Who cares?

I live west of the Cascades, but I've always liked the Cougs and Zags better than Huskies.

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1q6804xz said:
St. Mary's vs. Arizona will be fun game to watch, hope that happens.
It's happening. Go St. Mary's. I loved watching Villanova lose like Kansas back in 2010 destroy those brackets and betting pools!

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Gonzaga will lose to West Virginia tomorrow. You heard it here first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
dopeboy206":25c8q5iq said:
Gonzaga will lose to West Virginia tomorrow. You heard it here first.

That's not that great of a stretch is it? Unfortunately, Gonzaga is playing some of their worst basketball right now.

Crizilla

Reaction score
WV sure had their chances. Ugly game but i'll take it. Zags defense deserves to be elite.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Typical WVU there at the end. Up 3 and they are hip bumping at the half court line with Gonzaga in the double bonus. With how WVU played near the end, they deserved to lose.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
My prediction was wrong lol

Josea16

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":44r6fkdn said:
Maulbert":44r6fkdn said:
Zags are in the Elite 8!

I like how they did that....never give up a shot at the end. Sweet.
Now, just get your head out of your ass and play to your talent. Better yet, just do as usually do please? You're bad men so show it already!

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2rtcdm6b said:
Typical WVU there at the end. Up 3 and they are hip bumping at the half court line with Gonzaga in the double bonus. With how WVU played near the end, THEY DESERVED TO LOSE.

I agree with that last part. WVU played maul ball and uglied the game up because they don't have the talent the Zags do. Its how WVU beat Kansas at home and should have on the road too (not to mention Baylor and other really good teams).
This Zag team is really good and they have been playing really tight so far offensively.
I predict they break out against Xavier. Its so obvious how tight the guards have been playing. Perkins won't even shoot the three and and no one else is hitting their tries. Not to mention the terrible free throw shooting all tournament so far. This won't last forever.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags are so lucky.

Played the weakest 8/9 seed IMO.

WVU was good, I give them credit for that one.

They really lucked out playing Xavier. They're on a nice run, but they are a bubble team who is playing without one of their best players.

Then they get either Florida or South Carolina. Neither of those teams are final four material IMO. Both limped into the tourney.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'd like to see Gonzaga win the championship just to find out how many folks still won't give them any credit.