2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Chapow

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2d96zudg said:
If some people want to think Felix is still a starting pitcher in this league, that's fine. That's their opinion. I get it. I'm done with this topic.

Go M's.

Right on.

Go M's. :irishdrinkers:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Gotta be impressed with Segura, the guy can just flat out hit..
SOrry, we can't see yet him with Mitch behind him.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1xluz8bu said:
Segura can flat out rake. Haniger is showing his potential. Mitch just doesn't give away any AB's, and has a great approach, he is the anti-Zunino!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1z3dn8lg said:
Bobblehead":1z3dn8lg said:
Segura can flat out rake. Haniger is showing his potential. Mitch just doesn't give away any AB's, and has a great approach, he is the anti-Zunino!

This team is loaded with guys who can hit. I love it. Add Heredia to the list of early season surprises. He is looking really, really good. I know he's only started a snap handful of games so far, but he has taken advantage of every single snippet of playing time. Four guys hitting above .300 is impressive. Even more impressive is only one is of the ”core guys".

sutz

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1lwrv9g3 said:
Sports Hernia":1lwrv9g3 said:
Bobblehead":1lwrv9g3 said:

This team is loaded with guys who can hit. I love it. Add Heredia to the list of early season surprises. He is looking really, really good. I know he's only started a snap handful of games so far, but he has taken advantage of every single snippet of playing time. Four guys hitting above .300 is impressive. Even more impressive is only one is of the ”core guys".
Plus, while we're talking offense, we have 4-5 guys that can flat out run. Great coverage in the OF, and they can steal bases, too.

What got lost in the Tues debacle was that the O scored 9 runs. The meltdown on the mound didn't cool the bats off much. Nice to see them continue that today. We probably won't score TDs in all of our games ( ;) ) but it's nice to know they CAN score that much from time to time. Detroit's BP is worse than ours, so if our guys can continue to work the starter so he has 90 pitches by the 5th inning, we can do some real damage late. The trick is to not give up 20 hits ourselves in the first 3 innings.

Have they announced whether Felix is a 10 or a 15 day DL? I thought I heard Haniger was 10, but I could be wrong. Obliques are kind of like hammies, they affect mobility and agility. Haniger was in pretty obvious pain when he left the game yesterday.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":2iwb0myv said:
Thepeelsessions":2iwb0myv said:
Sports Hernia":2iwb0myv said:
Bobblehead":2iwb0myv said:

Plus, while we're talking offense, we have 4-5 guys that can flat out run. Great coverage in the OF, and they can steal bases, too.

What got lost in the Tues debacle was that the O scored 9 runs. The meltdown on the mound didn't cool the bats off much. Nice to see them continue that today. We probably won't score TDs in all of our games ( ;) ) but it's nice to know they CAN score that much from time to time. Detroit's BP is worse than ours, so if our guys can continue to work the starter so he has 90 pitches by the 5th inning, we can do some real damage late. The trick is to not give up 20 hits ourselves in the first 3 innings.

Have they announced whether Felix is a 10 or a 15 day DL? I thought I heard Haniger was 10, but I could be wrong. Obliques are kind of like hammies, they affect mobility and agility. Haniger was in pretty obvious pain when he left the game yesterday.
Felix is 15 for now and Haniger is 10..Great game by our ACE yesterday..

sutz

Reaction score
IndyHawk":29zpc7oo said:

Thanks for clarifying for me. And yeah, it's hard to dispute that Pax is our best pitcher right now. He's had one soft start out of 5 so far, with 3 shutouts. That's pretty awesome.

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's have best offense in AL (most runs scored). Yes thats right. Only if our pitching came around. Good game by Kuma today but I wish we could just clone 4 Paxton's. Science has that figured out already - right?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":2jpuoin8 said:
M's have best offense in AL (most runs scored). Yes thats right. Only if our pitching came around. Good game by Kuma today but I wish we could just clone 4 Paxton's. Science has that figured out already - right?
While 4 Paxton's would be great,our offense would probaly really suck.I am thinking of that rotation 3-4 years ago that was awesome but our offense was a dump.This year it's almost a reverse,we have 2 pitchers out of 5 we can count on and hope the others have a lucky day and the BP while it's looking to shape up,has been brutal at times.I hope they can keep playing the way they have been the last couple of games,

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
sutz":2t7qs74c said:
IndyHawk":2t7qs74c said:

Thanks for clarifying for me. And yeah, it's hard to dispute that Pax is our best pitcher right now. He's had one soft start out of 5 so far, with 3 shutouts. That's pretty awesome.

HOF pitchers have a bad outing every 5 or 6 starts. He's on his way to becoming the best lefty in the AL this year. Flat out dominating. 6'4 lefty throwing 99 mph is a scout's dream too. So exciting to see him put it all together this year.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
With Segura back and on fire, I'm really looking forward to seeing this lineup when Haniger gets back. Motter's in a slump but if he comes around then we're down to just 3 weak spots in the order-Zunino/Ruiz, Dyson and Valencia/Vogelbach.

Heredia has been very impressive and Gamel is contributing too. There's still hope for the year!

sutz

Reaction score
3 game win streak (well, OK, mini-streak ;))

won a road series against a div leader

couple of close wins in a row, Diaz living up to his hype right now

Should tamp down some of the D&Gers for a bit. :D

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1ty6onsl said:
sutz":1ty6onsl said:
3 game win streak (well, OK, mini-streak ;))

Longest of the year! Maybe it's the start of something though.
Rough first inning today, but Gallardo doing well after that. Still behind 1 run in the 7th.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Until this team gets better pitching, I don't see them making a playoff run. You can't try to outscore teams every night. They key is going to be Smyly. He needs to pitch really well when he comes back.

Curious to see how Motter looks over the next week or two. Was he nothing more than a mirage, or can he bounce back and prove that he is an everyday player? Good to see the middle of the lineup coming together. I wish we had this kind of hitting three years ago when we had the dominant pitching.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Dejong clearly is not ready or not good at all..You cannot tell me there are no pitchers out there better than this guy.
I hated wasted games where you know it's almost like a for sure loss because you just want to stick a rookie who hasn't shown squat out there.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":282c984z said:
Dejong clearly is not ready or not good at all..You cannot tell me there are no pitchers out there better than this guy.
I hated wasted games where you know it's almost like a for sure loss because you just want to stick a rookie who hasn't shown squat out there.
None of those that pitched today are MLB level pitchers at this time.
Time to start the Tacoma shuttle and see if there is anyone that can get outs.

sutz

Reaction score
DeJong threw 4 scoreless innings against Houston. Not to argue how "ready" he is, but it's not like we haven't see him before. Yeah, putting a rookie out there against one of the best lineups in the league is probably gonna lead to a crappy oucome.

Better to do this now than wait until September. ;)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Roster update:
Fien DFA
Vogelbach sent down
RHPs Emilo Pagan and Jean Machi called up
O'Malley transferred to the 60 day DL

Here's hoping Paxton will get us back on the right track tonight.