2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Same thing every season. Unfortunately I feel like we are better than our record because of the injuries, but even at full strength the team seems flawed. We have basically been starting #5 starter for quite some time now. Gallardo was brought in to be the #5, Miranda and all the others weren't even suppose to be in the rotation.

Good to see Cano back. Hopefully we see Paxton at some point on this road trip.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how Dipoto + Mclendon would have faired....

I still want mike hargrove back

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1okoagkv said:
Bobblehead":1okoagkv said:
Seahaaaawks":1okoagkv said:
sutz":1okoagkv said:
...and Zunino hits a home run.

:rofl: :laugh:

And I missed it. Rats!

It was a blowout homer.

Haha yah... that's why I turned it. 10-0 in the 4th I said DONE! I watch every game but yah, couldn't suffer thru that one

Man I don't know how you do it. There is no way I could watch every Mariner game. This team has been so bad for the last 15 years, I can't imagine watching every game for that long. I flip to the game and watch for a bit and then change the channel. Very rarely do I actually sit down and watch a full game. Maybe when the Mariners get good I will watch all their games. There is no way I'm wasting my time 162 times for about 3 hours each time.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":39yhmek1 said:
Seahaaaawks":39yhmek1 said:
Bobblehead":39yhmek1 said:
Seahaaaawks":39yhmek1 said:
And I missed it. Rats!

It was a blowout homer.

Haha yah... that's why I turned it. 10-0 in the 4th I said DONE! I watch every game but yah, couldn't suffer thru that one

Man I don't know how you do it. There is no way I could watch every Mariner game. This team has been so bad for the last 15 years, I can't imagine watching every game for that long. I flip to the game and watch for a bit and then change the channel. Very rarely do I actually sit down and watch a full game. Maybe when the Mariners get good I will watch all their games. There is no way I'm wasting my time 162 times for about 3 hours each time.

Not sure if anyone actually sits through and watches the game... I used to just have it on and once and a while glance over to see whats happening. I find there's never much worth watching on tv anyway so, having the M's on is ok.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3l8u5seb said:
Hawk-Lock":3l8u5seb said:
Seahaaaawks":3l8u5seb said:
Bobblehead":3l8u5seb said:
It was a blowout homer.

Not sure if anyone actually sits through and watches the game... I used to just have it on and once and a while glance over to see whats happening. I find there's never much worth watching on tv anyway so, having the M's on is ok.
They are officially circling the drain.
No excuses for the pathetic offense.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i878qz5 said:
You know your team's dumpster fire level has reached new heights when the national media takes notice.

http://deadspin.com/the-mariners-are-a- ... socialflow

Translation: "This team is not just bad, it's so bad I have to write an article about it."

That's actually not at all what the article says. The "big sad mess" description is referring to all the injuries this team, and in particular, the pitching staff, has suffered.

That article isn't saying the M's are bad, it's saying they have been annihilated by injuries.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":ktmes42r said:
Sgt. Largent":ktmes42r said:
You know your team's dumpster fire level has reached new heights when the national media takes notice.

Translation: "This team is not just bad, it's so bad I have to write an article about it."

That's actually not at all what the article says. The "big sad mess" description is referring to all the injuries this team, and in particular, the pitching staff, has suffered.

That article isn't saying the M's are bad, it's saying they have been annihilated by injuries.
Well, they scored 4 days worth of runs today. 8)

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mpyfzos said:
Chapow":2mpyfzos said:
Sgt. Largent":2mpyfzos said:

Well, they scored 4 days worth of runs today. 8)
Ouch! :laugh: Nice to see some offense for a change, though. Hope it continues. It has been a painful time to be a fan.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3svq594z said:
Seahaaaawks":3svq594z said:
Bobblehead":3svq594z said:
Seahaaaawks":3svq594z said:
And I missed it. Rats!

It was a blowout homer.

I used to watch a lot of Mariner games on tv in the early 80's..They had a few good players that were fun to watch.
I was watching the game where Gaylord Perry got thrown out for using vaseline on the ball.
The teams were worse than todays Mariners and I only stopped because we moved out of state.
It was all easier to do with less tv programs,no cell phones and no internet.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2ll0lcfa said:
Hawk-Lock":2ll0lcfa said:
Seahaaaawks":2ll0lcfa said:
Bobblehead":2ll0lcfa said:
It was a blowout homer.

Yah well not literally every game. I work... haha so the ones I don't watch I try to listen to on the radio. Any early games on weekdays I miss cuz of work. But I'd say I watch 120 or so games a year. Then it's the radio or espn.com

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Quite the offensive performance our boys have put up so far this road trip. Doesn't matter if our starting pitchers and bullpen threw a 1-2 run ball game cause the offense can't score. The mariners are cursed. There is no doubt anymore. Softy on KJR 950am Seattle said the other day he thinks that Safeco is built on an Indian burial ground. Made me laugh and I agree. Chris Taylor is hitting great for the Dodgers. Montgomery has a WS ring. Trumbo lead the AL in HRs last year... the list goes on. CURSED I SAY!!!!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1yoe5fzh said:
Quite the offensive performance our boys have put up so far this road trip. Doesn't matter if our starting pitchers and bullpen threw a 1-2 run ball game cause the offense can't score. The mariners are cursed. There is no doubt anymore. Softy on KJR 950am Seattle said the other day he thinks that Safeco is built on an Indian burial ground. Made me laugh and I agree. Chris Taylor is hitting great for the Dodgers. Montgomery has a WS ring. Trumbo lead the AL in HRs last year... the list goes on. CURSED I SAY!!!!
Eh, I have a hard time believing that curse stuff. I do however believe in bad general managers and bad staff. Jerry Dipoto is just bad. Bad, bad, BAD. When you really stop to think about it, with all his wheeling and dealing, what trades have REALLY improved this team? He's traded for Miley, Karns ( Karns was the centerpiece of that deal), Gallardo, and Smyly. I'd say that's a brutal 0-4 on starting pitcher trade attempts. He did somewhat redeem himself with recognizing the Miley blunder by flipping him straight up for Miranda. I'm not sure how to feel about the Arizona trade. Segura and Haniger are nice, but they've both missed a decent amount of time this year. I hated that Taijuan had to be shipped to aquire them. I felt like he and Paxton were foundational guys for the rotation going forward. Two young guys who would be here for a long, long time. Now the rotation is old and decrepit. I wasn't really a big Chris Taylor guy, but wow, what a bad trade that was. Zach Lee never even put on a Mariners uniform. He was awful in Tacoma. Then of course you have the Montgomery and Trumbo trades. The Vidal Nuno trade (Nuno is having a rough year, but he was more important to the M's than Ruiz). Getting rid of Sucre was another bad move. He'd probably be the everyday catcher right now. He's looking good in Tampa Bay. Just so many trades and transactions, and this team is just getting worse. It's depressing. And since I'm already on a roll, how sad is Taylor Motter right now? This time last month he was hitting a healthy .320. Now he's down to .200. He looks like another one month Mariner wonder. Shame on us to think he was the real deal. I do partly blame Servais for taking Motter's hot hand away for a struggling Danny Valencia when he returned from injury, though.

All in all, Dipoto, Servais, Stottlemyre, Edgar..... they're all a big, big problem. And until this team is under new leadership, I can't see how maintaining a winning squad is possible.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, not a bad game today in Colorado. 6 runs from the offense, some decent pitching, holding the Rockies to 5 runs in nine.

Hey, Zunino got two hits today. :0190l:

Nice to see them start playing before the getaway game.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2e3tt498 said:
Well, not a bad game today in Colorado. 6 runs from the offense, some decent pitching, holding the Rockies to 5 runs in nine.

Hey, Zunino got two hits today.

Heck the pitcher even got a hit today. :2thumbs:
Anyone know when they get Haniger back???

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1p5vbhem said:
sutz":1p5vbhem said:

Hey, Zunino got two hits today.

Heck the pitcher even got a hit today. :2thumbs:
Anyone know when they get Haniger back???
Not finding many recent reports. There's this, from May 19th: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/231254208 ... b-routine/

If there's any updates, it might be during the game tonight.