EPL '16/'17

sdog1981

Reaction score
Blueboy":3j5u7nf5 said:
If the referee does his job last night then its a different game and maybe a different result. Win some lose some but John Moss last night really irritated me.

He let two of us down then.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Palace, now is not the time to crap the bed. Hull at home next Sunday, don't think my nerves will cope!

sdog1981

Reaction score
I was shocked that Hull lost to put them in the zone. But Palace only needs to win twice to be safe.

In other news. The Spurs just Spured it up.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Chelsea are champions and might come away with the first 90 point season in the EPL since 2005.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Blueboy":2nnutn8d said:
3 hours until Kick off.........nervous much! :irishdrinkers:

And just like that they crushed hull

Blueboy

Reaction score
sdog1981":17m6si8p said:
Blueboy":17m6si8p said:
3 hours until Kick off.........nervous much! :irishdrinkers:

And just like that they crushed hull

That early goal totally ruined Hulls plans. Big summer for Palace coming up, fully expect a fair few comings and goings.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2yt5eya3 said:
I'm assuming Bournemouth runs a 4-4-2 here (I still have a hard time telling formations and remembering which clubs prefer what formations), but I'm excited to see a Josh King/Jermain Defoe pairing next season. Maybe they can make a run at Europa.

442 is entirely plausible.

However, Bournemouth's lineup is far, far away from challenging for a top 6 spot.

While they did finish in the top 10, they were still 23 points behind a United team who spent the last month resting up for the Europa League final.

The disparity between the top 4/6 (not including Chelsea's record 30 win season) and the rest of the league is astounding at the moment. Heck, there's even a 15 point gap between 7 and 8.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
You are surely right because you know much more about this stuff than I do. When I made that post, I was specifically thinking that they could catch Everton for seventh and a potential Europa spot with the right transfers this summer. Everton finished about fifteen points ahead of them, IIRC, but they are probably shipping out Ross Barkley and possibly also Romelu Lukaku. The thing is that Everton has a massive transfer budget this summer IIRC even before sales of Barkley and Lukaku, but there's the chance they don't spend it properly.

And of course, for Bournemouth to pass Southampton and remain above the Watfords and Stokes of the league seems reasonable.

But yeah, this was the first full season I've watched, so it's extremely likely that I'm talking out of my behind, too and that I don't yet understand what it takes to move up the table like that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It takes a little while to learn all this stuff but it is worth it due to how much fun the BPL can be.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2gmamjbq said:
You are surely right because you know much more about this stuff than I do. When I made that post, I was specifically thinking that they could catch Everton for seventh and a potential Europa spot with the right transfers this summer. Everton finished about fifteen points ahead of them, IIRC, but they are probably shipping out Ross Barkley and possibly also Romelu Lukaku. The thing is that Everton has a massive transfer budget this summer IIRC even before sales of Barkley and Lukaku, but there's the chance they don't spend it properly.

And of course, for Bournemouth to pass Southampton and remain above the Watfords and Stokes of the league seems reasonable.

But yeah, this was the first full season I've watched, so it's extremely likely that I'm talking out of my behind, too and that I don't yet understand what it takes to move up the table like that.

It's the most competitive league in the world, which makes it the most entertaining. Not always the best product on the field, and as European competition has shown of late, nowhere near the best teams in the world.

This season really showed a massive gap in the qualities of the top, middle and bottom. I mean the gap between first and forth was 17 points. it's more of a spending gap at this point than anything else, and not just on players. The coaches at the top of the league are bigger names than many of the players.

It shows no signs of letting up either. However, for every season we get like this, you'll occasionally get a Leicester story.

Now, in terms of Bournemouth and Everton, you are absolutely correct. While they have been a consistent top 8 team the last few years, Barkley and Lukaku could be off and depending on how the Bitters spend their money, it could certainly leave them prone to dropping. Southampton is also prone to losing their best players (Van Djik is certainly off to a bigger club) and also could slip. So not as out of reach as I may have suggested.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Arsenal wakes up just in time for the FA cup final. What the hell man.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":1wuz64e0 said:

Gifted a goal and a man advantage.

Arsenal are still crap.

Blueboy

Reaction score
sdog1981":228e1gv0 said:

I saw a few tweets during the day that something might be up, turns out his wife was close friends of someone who died at the Manchester bombing add to that i don't think he is 100% right health wise he decided to call it a day. Only good thing is that its happened now and not a week or so before the new season.

As for the new guy its interesting that Steve Parish (part owner and top dog!) is on his boat in Spain so nothing seem imminent unless its Mauricio Pellegrino of Alaves.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1jt4h5xz said:
sdog1981":1jt4h5xz said:

Gifted a goal and a man advantage.

Arsenal are still crap.

Maybe this was some dirty Chelsea trick. They know if they won the double it would all but guarantee Wenger getting the sack. Now that Wenger has won the cup Arsenal will keep him.

Latest posts