2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3f9493ef said:
Well tomorrow we have Miranda vs. rookie Marte who has a 5 era, I like our chances tomorrow better.
Games early, if we can hold them, we could still work out some runs over today.
I hear you. McCullers is dealing tonight. No hit through 4, 12 in a row set down, 6 Ks. :34853_doh:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Blew a pretty good opportunity there with runners on the corner and no outs.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yup Cruz' lack of speed cost us that inning big time.

Bugger picture: M's are too agressive at the plate. McCullers is dealing, but he's throwing a lot of balls. I wonder if Servais has them swinging aggressive on purpose, because they usually work the count more.

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":3go65vv9 said:

Bugger picture: M's are too agressive at the plate. McCullers is dealing, but he's throwing a lot of balls. I wonder if Servais has them swinging aggressive on purpose, because they usually work the count more.
IDK, I suspect that that curve ball is just to difficult to lay off of. :229031_shrug:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
sutz":1vyqqmtf said:
Crizilla":1vyqqmtf said:

IDK, I suspect that that curve ball is just to difficult to lay off of. :229031_shrug:

Seems they have been laying off of it all game.
I wonder if he had that situation again, he'd put Heredia in for Cruz

Other wise, Gaviglio is pitching a great game against the best offense in the league.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Haven't seen Gamel strike out much, much less twice, I doubt he strikes out here..

awww.. they flinched.. took him out.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it's our bullpen against theirs now. I kind of like our chances. :mrgreen:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
sutz":312e2mwd said:
Well, it's our bullpen against theirs now. I kind of like our chances. :mrgreen:

Well, we're working through the pen pretty quick. 2 pitchers, 1 out. Going to reliever #3.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Haniger needs to squeeze that glove. Reminded me of Dez Bryant's not a TD catch from a few years ago in the playoffs against Green Bay.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Cishek has had enough time to get his location down, and he hasn't yet. If you're a one trick pony pitcher your location has to be spot on

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The matchup game didnt work out at all there. Pull the righty so that the lefty can let a man on (granted it was catcher interference) so that you can pull the lefty for a much worse righty than the original.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cishek should never be in the game with the game on the line PERIOD! Tonight is exhibit A why.

You played with fire and didn't get burned the other night so lets try it again, this time you go up in flames.

That's a management boner when you have very little room for error.

You can't expect the offense to make up for mismanagement of the pen.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Horrible call by the umps on the replay review. He was clearly safe at home and I'm going to be livid if we end up losing this by 1 run. And they signal safe after the review but decided they were mistaken and he was still supposedly out. Just terrible.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":24ybk7mp said:
Horrible call by the umps on the replay review. He was clearly safe at home and I'm going to be livid if we end up losing this by 1 run. And they signal safe after the review but decided they were mistaken and he was still supposedly out. Just terrible.
Yep both the field umps and the replay officials in New York blew that call bigtime.
It's not a surprise that an Angel Hernandez crew can't see straight however, but the replay officials in New York have zero excuses.