gowazzu02

Reaction score
getnasty":2wuktk3c said:
Bobblehead":2wuktk3c said:
Smiley done.. TJ Surgery...
bad
bad
news.

1 step toward and 2 steps back, he'll be lucky to play in 2018. So at best we go Paxton, Felix, Miranda, Kuma and 1 on the minor league kids.

He wont touch a baseball next year either. Then he will be a FA....neveer have throwing a pitch for us.... but we got that one sweet sweet wbc start! wahoo.....yuk puke.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":370pdvi2 said:
Bobblehead":370pdvi2 said:
Smiley done.. TJ Surgery...
bad
bad
news.

1 step toward and 2 steps back, he'll be lucky to play in 2018. So at best we go Paxton, Felix, Miranda, Kuma and 1 on the minor league kids.

Kuma is not coming back for quite awhile, if at all. His fastball was down to 84 mph in his rehab start and he got shelled. He may be done.

Smyly needing Tommy John surgery is the icing on a cake full of mule crap that has been the team's supper this week. Diaz is struggling badly, Haniger, Gamel and Zunino are in mini-slumps and the team is just too inconsistent to ever know what to expect any series, despite their success last week.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1axrdmsk said:
Offensive explosion.. I see a Z tomorrow.

Definitely encouraging tonight. Outstanding game all around. Let's hope they win the series and get above .500 by the break.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I'm just wishing they could spread it around a little.. maybe a Cano night, then a seager night and Cruz night.. not all at once for crying out load.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Nice game by our pitcher.. well done, we don't blank the Angels very often.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I still think the Yanks regret letting Cano go. Now they have to deal with watching Gamel compete for the batting title, too. Nice!

And how long is it going to take for Gamel and Segura to be qualified for the batting title?

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":2gcphwx4 said:
I still think the Yanks regret letting Cano go. Now they have to deal with watching Gamel compete for the batting title, too. Nice!

And how long is it going to take for Gamel and Segura to be qualified for the batting title?

Gamel is just 3 plate appearances short as of today so it should be just a couple more games. (Has 248 plate appearances, 251 needed as of today--3.1 plate appearances x 81 games M's have played)

Segura is 17 plate appearances short so it'll be a week or 2 until he's there. (Has 234 plate appearances, 251 needed as of today)

sutz

Reaction score
The M's batting lineup is scary good when it's on. It's the periodic cold spells that are so maddening. This last one was at the end of a 20 game stretch with no rest. Not sure how the schedule works out, but I know we've also been playing some of the best teams in the league in the first half. Last night was great. Let's hope it continues.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know what it is with this team, but after every game they score in bunches, the following game they go ice cold. This is the most unpredictable team I've seen in a long time.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2u44s5sk said:
I don't know what it is with this team, but after every game they score in bunches, the following game they go ice cold. This is the most unpredictable team I've seen in a long time.

Based on the bolded statement, it seems the M's "unpredictability" is very predictable.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if they finish at the all star break at .500 or better i'll be happy. August/September is where the games really start to matter.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Good win today to take the series on the road. Great start for Paxton-even without his best fastball, he located, kept the ball down and really pitched well. Segura is really locked in lately.

KC coming to town for 3 and then Oakland for 4 to end the 1st half. Excellent opportunity to get over .500.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Cruz is our only All Star-reserve DH. Selections were made tonight. No Cano, Segura, Paxton, Gamel or anyone else.

Changes this year: Managers no longer make selections. Instead the Commissioner's office made 7 selections per league. Also, no longer will the winning league receive homefield advantage in the WS. Winning team's players receive $20,000 and losers nothing.

sutz

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":13j3aetj said:
Cruz is our only All Star-reserve DH. Selections were made tonight. No Cano, Segura, Paxton, Gamel or anyone else.

Changes this year: Managers no longer make selections. Instead the Commissioner's office made 7 selections per league. Also, no longer will the winning league receive homefield advantage in the WS. Winning team's players receive $20,000 and losers nothing.
I was never a fan of the winning HFA based on the all-star game. Never seemed right to base something on an exhibition game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
sutz":230msbe4 said:
West TX Hawk":230msbe4 said:

I was never a fan of the winning HFA based on the all-star game. Never seemed right to base something on an exhibition game.

Yet, it's the only All Star game that is even remotely competitive. I personally think its a great way to determine HF, since it actually meant something.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Edgar should come out of retirement and DH while Cruz is out...he'd be better than Boog Powell. Not sure why Boog was called up in the first place. The guy is horrible.