2017 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn we need to play the Rays every day.

Rays are going to go after Cruz ... hard this off season. Cruz just puts a hurt on that team way to much.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":z84fl1hh said:
Damn we need to play the Rays every day.

Rays are going to go after Cruz ... hard this off season. Cruz just puts a hurt on that team way to much.

5-0 v. TB this year. We've got their number. And fortunately we have Cruz one more year next season to do damage against them.

What an awesome comeback game by Haniger. Great to see. Let's see if Gallardo can give us 4 half decent innings tomorrow and the bats can score 7 again to get the sweep. Just 1/2 game back of Minn/LA.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
To show the difference in our offense on the road, take a look at the last 11 home/away games:

Last 11 Away games total runs scored: 60
Avg per game: 5.45
Record: 8-3--.727

Last 11 Home games total runs scored: 43
Avg per game: 3.9
Record: 4-7--.364

I don't have the total season numbers, but obviously the struggles at home on offense lately are a major issue. It would be wise for Servais then to reserve his scheduled off days for starters in the lineup to only certain road games and not at home (Zunino the exception). To make a real run at the WC, the bats have to come alive and often at home. There shouldn't be this much of a disparity-even at Safeco.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Gallardo certainly has been pitching a lot better than earlier this year.
He suprises me and did a good job today until obviously tired in the 7th

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Albers looks really solid with his 2nd nice start. That was a good pickup. Just a shame we can't have someone better than Gonzales in the rotation tomorrow.

It's incredible with all the injuries this team keeps fighting on. If they can win this series and Baltimore they'll be in decent shape even if they lose at NY. 1 game back now with 36 to play.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3j2yqnia said:
Ichiro was pretty good, he didn't climb the walls like Griffy or Cameron could but still was a great defender and players didn't run on him.
He had a power arm from the outfield--would put the ball right where the defender needed it to lay down the tag--to the fricken millimeter.

sutz

Reaction score
So, pitcher Erasmo Ramirez outhits Jean Segura tonight. :rofl:

Nice win with several comebacks and clutch hitting. 4 lead changes, IIRC. Diaz with a 4 out save.

Bad side, Cano left the game with hamstring, Servais said he's day to day. Travel day tomorrow, next game Fri night in NY.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Another road series win to keep pace. 1 game back. Great to see the bats come alive late and jump on ATL's pen.

For the weekend series at NY, Miranda v. Sabathia, Gallardo v. Gray and Albers v. Tanaka.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'll admit that the 4 game sweep by the Angels at home took a bit of the wind out of my sails personally. And yet, here this team incredibly is still hanging around, just 1 game back of the 2nd Wild Card ... with FOUR OF FIVE of your projected opening day starters on the DL!?! Seriously, you can't make this stuff up! Amazing. LOL!

Big, Big series coming up here with the Yankees. The M's CANNOT afford to have the same kind of results as last time losing 3 of 4 at home. At Yankee Stadium this time with a duct taped together rotation? Woof. We'll see.

If they can just keep hanging around until that time, I'm personally circling Sept 8th - 10th there on the calendar. That could be this team's chance to get some revenge and snatch that 2nd Wild Card Spot back -- IF they keep up the pace they've been on. AND, for the record, for the month of August they are 11-10. Should be getting Felix and Paxton back soon, so just need to keep treading water.

Crizilla

Reaction score
6-2 since that 5 game losing streak. Now 22-11 in 1 run games. Best in MLB. Rags well in the mix now too. This is why I don't think we need 162 games to decide things. Shorten it just a little bit and make the wild card round a series.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Why on Earth did Servais go to Phelps instead of Vincent in the 8th with a 1-0 lead? Makes zero sense. Vincent has been one of the best setupmen in the game. Bad move Servais.

But what a clutch win! Alonso goes deep off Chapman and the pen was stellar otherwise.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1wa40pic said:
Why on Earth did Servais go to Phelps instead of Vincent in the 8th with a 1-0 lead? Makes zero sense. Vincent has been one of the best setupmen in the game. Bad move Servais.

But what a clutch win! Alonso goes deep off Chapman and the pen was stellar otherwise.
Alonso hit a 100mph fastball out on that pitch. That's real impressive.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2dtby8cy said:
Nice defense so far mariners.

Oh only 5 errors. I think the Texas little leaguers can play better than that.

Just pathetic. Were they partying too hard in NYC last night? 3 errors by Segura. I feel bad for Albers- trying to pitch around the horrid defense is impossible.

sutz

Reaction score
Albers wasn't that bad. No gloves, no bats. He was alone out there.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1j5miztp said:
Seahaaaawks":1j5miztp said:
Nice defense so far mariners.

Oh only 5 errors. I think the Texas little leaguers can play better than that.

Just pathetic. Were they partying too hard in NYC last night? 3 errors by Segura. I feel bad for Albers- trying to pitch around the horrid defense is impossible.

Thats why Segura was OF in Arizona.