EPL 2017/18 Season

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19pyqkng said:
Chelsea are in trouble.

Indeed the squad is so small no way they can go deep in Europe, FA Cup and Leauge play. This team could be facing major burn out this coming winter. Either they pull these players back from loans or pray for a big January window. At this point, they do not need a big name they need a lot of decent players to increase team depth.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":9dj5lt8b said:
Uncle Si":9dj5lt8b said:
Chelsea are in trouble.

Indeed the squad is so small no way they can go deep in Europe, FA Cup and Leauge play. This team could be facing major burn out this coming winter. Either they pull these players back from loans or pray for a big January window. At this point, they do not need a big name they need a lot of decent players to increase team depth.

agreed, but more concerning is that atleast 2 and perhaps more of those exact type of players chose to play elsewhere or remain put instead of joining Chelsea.

I have not heard of any drama outside Costa, so unsure why the Champions are having a hard time attracting people.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1c1esaj5 said:
sdog1981":1c1esaj5 said:
Uncle Si":1c1esaj5 said:
Chelsea are in trouble.

agreed, but more concerning is that atleast 2 and perhaps more of those exact type of players chose to play elsewhere or remain put instead of joining Chelsea.

I have not heard of any drama outside Costa, so unsure why the Champions are having a hard time attracting people.

Word around town in Conte's strength is his weakness. He is a hard ass when it comes to training. Some players don't want anything to do with a coach who has stated: "I want my players to eat grass and start from the bottom every season."

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You'd think high wages would overcome that. Also... Barkley and Ox don't seem guys shy about working hard. Conte may be a part of the issue, just think there is more in there. This was a team on the free fall with Mourinho. Conte turned it all around but it feels like it's short lived. Two hard working tactically sound coaches having player issues. Could be the players that need to move on.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2cdbl2tw said:
Could be the players that need to move on.

That is the rub. Why go to the trouble of rebuilding the squad when you can just bring in a new manager.

If you look at the start of the Chelsea run in the 2004 season they had:

Drogba 26
Lampard 26
Terry 22
Cech 20

That was a young back bone that set the team up to be the most successful that it has ever been. Where are those players now? It looked like Conte was looking for youthful mix last season but it seems like he has turned away from that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Man City is white hot. Out scored PL teams 18-1 in their last 4 games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blueboy":32g9015c said:
No words about this season, its been tragic so far!

Honestly I've not seen anything like it. (Atleast not from a team who wasn't recently promoted) Have they scored?

This is Manchesters league. Which Manchester is really up to them. Was really impressed with City today. Pep and his system are overrated for me. He needs the worlds best. But he damn near has it and they look the part

sdog1981

Reaction score
Uncle Si":y8daqdz5 said:
Blueboy":y8daqdz5 said:
No words about this season, its been tragic so far!

Honestly I've not seen anything like it. (Atleast not from a team who wasn't recently promoted) Have they scored?

This is Manchesters league. Which Manchester is really up to them. Was really impressed with City today. Pep and his system are overrated for me. He needs the worlds best. But he damn near has it and they look the part

At this point, you would have to start to wonder if Place players are purposely not scoring in some kind of match-fixing sort of way.

I think United hold on and win it in the end. Jose can suck the life out of any team at any time. Also, he always wins in his second season with the club.

Blueboy

Reaction score
The Palace situation is strange, something major has gone on behind the scenes and its got to the stage at i don't believe a word Chairman Steve Parish says any more.

Blueboy

Reaction score
......And that yesterday was typical Palace! Thought we played decent, the return of Zaha a big plus point and don't underestimate the return of Speroni in goal.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This goes to my match fixing theory. They where holding back the entire time lol :roll: Right now it doesn’t look like anyone is going to catch Man City.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Álvaro Morata is the man, I have not seen Lukaku in weeks.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Biggest game of the season for Palace fans, huge rivalry between us and Brighton.

Losing is not an option! :240039: