Seattle Sounders 2017 season thread

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jones is replaceable. Evans or Nouhou can replace him defensively and with their new additions, they have enough wingers to replace his responsibilities up top. The Sounders will be alright without Joevin Jones.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Bit disappointed in last night's game. You have a 1 goal lead and a man advantage for the last 30 minutes and end up with only one point?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeatownJay":nsbpsahl said:
Bit disappointed in last night's game. You have a 1 goal lead and a man advantage for the last 30 minutes and end up with only one point?

Agreed. They should have come away with 3 points last night. Vancouver was trying to give the Sounders the match and the Sounders didn't take advantage of it.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Figured when we missed chance after chance that it would bite us in the ass. 2 points thrown away...and it had to be Montero again to score against us. Typical.

Bring on the Timbers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2896t27n said:
Figured when we missed chance after chance that it would bite us in the ass. 2 points thrown away...and it had to be Montero again to score against us. Typical.

Bring on the Timbers.

The soccer gods giveth (didn't really deserve the win against Minnesota).........and the soccer gods taketh away (deserved all three points last night).

Also seeing how well we played the entire game until Dempsey was subbed in kinda confirms what I said above about him being the issue with Lodeiro and others forcing the team to play WAY more narrow so he can remain center and get his touches.

Before he went in the Sounders looked great, specifically Lodeiro, Roldan and Rodriguez. Fantastic spacing and width, two things we lack when Dempsey and Lodeiro are trying to share the same spaces.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Victor Rodriguez was very impressive. He was arguably the best player on the pitch last night. Great first match in a Sounders uni. Hopefully he gets more playing time rest of the way.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Earlier I saw an article where Lodeiro is wooing Luis Suarez to join the Sounders. Sounds like Suarez is game. However, if Suarez decides he wants to play in the MLS does he have to go through allocation or can he sign with whichever team he wants? I know that the Sounders were trying to sign Blanco last offseason but he went to Timbers instead.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/he-c...sounders-on-twitter/eddbyksp8wkv1lxg4tvuaoddz

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3clamccp said:
Earlier I saw an article where Lodeiro is wooing Luis Suarez to join the Sounders. Sounds like Suarez is game. However, if Suarez decides he wants to play in the MLS does he have to go through allocation or can he sign with whichever team he wants? I know that the Sounders were trying to sign Blanco last offseason but he went to Timbers instead.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/he-c...sounders-on-twitter/eddbyksp8wkv1lxg4tvuaoddz

Oh man, I wish. Can you imagine? Suarez would score like 80 goals a season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3m4nzkfq said:

I think this is more a running joke between Lodeiro and Suarez, than anything to be taken seriously.

Suarez is still in his prime playing for the biggest club on the planet, and playing well. He had 29 goals in 31 matches last year for Barca...........and scored in their first match this season.

Hardly the time to call it a career in La Liga and come play in the MLS.

As far as last night's match? Torres's assist on that goal was one of the greatest one touch assists I've ever seen, that was brilliant.

Great comeback, too bad the ref sucked all the momentum out of it by giving that terrible red card to Torres.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sounds like Jordan Morris will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a hamstring injury.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeatownJay":35725xgw said:
Sounds like Jordan Morris will miss at least the rest of the regular season with a hamstring injury.

I feel bad for Jordan. He's had a tough year. Hasn't had the impact that was expected from him. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and gets back to form soon.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1wnfubk3 said:
Torres had his red card rescinded so he's eligible for the next match.

Right decision. Was a foul, albeit debatable. But he was not the last defender.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders ended their unbeaten streak by laying an egg in Salt Lake. Just bad play all around.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Feel like the forward line, especially Dempsey are in a funk. Feels really uninspiring watching them. Feel like the ties have kind of covered over the cracks of poor play.

I would like to see Dempsey have a spell as a 70 minute impact sub. Play Nouhou and Jones at lb and LM for some speed and creativity with Bruin up front alone.

I know we miss Morris but even he wasn't playing too great pre injury. This team needs a spark.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":n1lp574i said:
Feel like the forward line, especially Dempsey are in a funk. Feels really uninspiring watching them. Feel like the ties have kind of covered over the cracks of poor play.

I would like to see Dempsey have a spell as a 70 minute impact sub. Play Nouhou and Jones at lb and LM for some speed and creativity with Bruin up front alone.

I know we miss Morris but even he wasn't playing too great pre injury. This team needs a spark.

Morris going down was the worst thing that could have happened to this offense. It was already in a funk with him in the lineup, now he's out and not at least helping stretch the defense..........that's why you're seeing all this uninspired narrow play.

So I agree with you, even though I don't think Schmetzer has the balls to bench Dempsey and make him a sub. But gotta find some speed out wide. Is Jones still in the doghouse? Cause he helps give us width from the back when he's in the lineup.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
MUCH better tonight. The dam seemed to burst and confidence shot up- especially Dempsey and Lodeiro. Jones looked interested again too. Sucks ozzy got hurt and roldan was through the wars a bit but we've survived without ozzy before.

We play philly at the weekend, a win clinches a play off spot. Last away game of the reg season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great win. The Dempsey-Lodeiro-Rodriquez attack was on fire. The only negative was that Alonso got hurt. Hopefully he's not sidelined for considerable amount of time.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
That was garbage. A complete waste of time. Slept walked through the first half, looked a little better when Dempsey came on. Nouhou and Alfaro especially stunk it up.

Also probably cost us a first round bye in the play offs.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":7afxacrw said:
That was garbage. A complete waste of time. Slept walked through the first half, looked a little better when Dempsey came on. Nouhou and Alfaro especially stunk it up.

Also probably cost us a first round bye in the play offs.

It was a garbage lineup so the match turned out garbage. They had Alfaro and Delem starting and playing extended minutes. They basically went in with the attitude of throwing this match away. That's exactly what happened.