Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Husky basketball just whooped up on Kansas

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • #2 team in the country, huskies beat them by 10 on the road.
    Gross!
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Ahhh are we concerned the other team in Duck Dynasty is going to be challenged now also.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Ahhh are we concerned the other team in Duck Dynasty is going to be challenged now also.

Oregon's basketball team sucks this year.

At least so far. Altman's teams usually get a lot better as the year progresses.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The Huskies played Kansas?........tonight?.............who knew?
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:The Huskies played Kansas?........tonight?.............who knew?

Was a pretty big story on ESPN

Husky basketball now 7-2. Are they legit? Anyone following them
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• And they were 22 point underdogs. Just goes to show, yet again, you still gotta lace em up
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hopkins has the team playing together and unselfishly. They look like they have enough talent to actually be legit and dare I say make the tourney...

Jaylen Nowell is a really gifted player, and Noah Dickerson deciding to stay was huge. Their starting 5-6 guys are going to be solid all year however what might hurt this team is the lack of depth.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• What a game yesterday, that was one of the best game plans I've seen in college basketball in a while. Hopkins basically said we are not giving up three's and dunks. They basically allowed Kansas to throw the ball to the guy in the middle of the zone and shoot those little mid range jumpers. That win came out of nowhere, I was expecting a blowout loss for us.

I follow them pretty closely. There is no doubt they look better than last years team. They are a well coached group with a mix of younger and older players. The 2-3 zone looks better than any defense Lorenzo ran the past few years. Nowell looks like the real deal, he is the type of player this program needs assuming he doesn't bolt for the NBA. I don't think his game translates all that great to the NBA, so he should be here for at least another year or two at the least.

Great start to the Mike Hopkins era.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Everyone knows no way Romar wins that game. So glad that bum is gone
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Another really great win for the Huskies men's basketball team. They opened conference play on the road against a really talented USC team. USC was a preseason top 25 team but haven't played up to their ability, I think by the end of the season USC will be in the top 25.

The Kansas win and the win yesterday might be the two best wins for this team in the last 5 years.

Romar will awlays be one of my all time favorites, but they don't even compare when it comes to coaching. Hopkins is going to be a great coach, and it looks like it is coming sooner than most thought.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Another really great win for the Huskies men's basketball team. They opened conference play on the road against a really talented USC team. USC was a preseason top 25 team but haven't played up to their ability, I think by the end of the season USC will be in the top 25.

The Kansas win and the win yesterday might be the two best wins for this team in the last 5 years.

Romar will awlays be one of my all time favorites, but they don't even compare when it comes to coaching. Hopkins is going to be a great coach, and it looks like it is coming sooner than most thought.

They are playing team ball. It’s nice to see. Having Cameron Dollar back on the coaching staff has helped tremendously. He was on Romar’s staff during his good years too. You can tell the guys are getting better each game. Some of those guys weren’t playing well last year... difference in Thybulle is an example of this. David Crisp is better too. Hopkins is a good coach but culture change that he brought is just awesome and is paying dividends.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Another really great win for the Huskies men's basketball team. They opened conference play on the road against a really talented USC team. USC was a preseason top 25 team but haven't played up to their ability, I think by the end of the season USC will be in the top 25.

Really good win against a very talented USC. They (USC) had also been dealing with a ton of injuries recently (contributing to their falling in ranking) and were just about back up to full strength vs the Huskies which makes the win that much better. They got destroyed against Gonzaga and then got written off by some but really this UW team is a solid team. As I said before the only big flaw is depth, and specifically big man depth. If this team can stay healthy I fully believe they will make the dance. I expect Dickerson and Timmins to keep growing and getting better at playing without fouling out. If they can find 1 more big man inside to help with rebounds that would help a ton but I don't see anyone on the team currently that will be able to step up into that role as a solid 3rd so they'll have to make due.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Huskies played really well in the first half against UCLA and then the exact opposite in the second half. Either way they should be happy about a split. Take care of business against a weak Cougars team this weekend in Pullman and then they return home for a couple very winnable games against Cal and Stanford. I think a 4-1 start in conference play is very realistic. Other than the two Arizona schools, no one in the Pac-12 looks that great. It's definitely a down season for the Pac-12, and the more I look at it I think UW can finish at least in the middle of the conference. I really like what I've seen form this team and Mike Hopkins, I may actually try to go to some games this season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• A really nice win in Pullman for the Huskies.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• no way Romar would have this team 12-4 so far!
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• So what's the chances of making the tournament? How many more wins? I take it they would need to win a game or 2 in the pac 12 tournament too?

No matter what its an impressive year for a team in transition and rebuilding. Wait till the recruiting classes start coming in.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Glasgow Seahawk wrote:So what's the chances of making the tournament? How many more wins? I take it they would need to win a game or 2 in the pac 12 tournament too?

No matter what its an impressive year for a team in transition and rebuilding. Wait till the recruiting classes start coming in.

It's way too early to predict anything. It would be like trying to predict if the Seahawks will make the playoffs after week 4. But if they keep up this pace, they will definitely have a chance of making the tournament. I think they need to probably finish somewhere in the top 5 of the conference to make it, which is very possible. They already have two really strong road wins against Kansas and USC on their resume. Most importantly, they've avoided bad losses, the only being the blowout at MSG to Virginia Tech.

Dawgs are 9 point favorites tonight against Cal. I'm hoping they can sweep the series this weekend to get some momentum going. For whatever reason, the city rarely gets behind Husky Basketball, so I am hoping a great start will get people to support the team.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Quietly in third place in the Pac-12, after being picked nearly last in most preseason polls. Looks like Seattle has another great coach in Mike Hopkins. Nice little sweep in the hoops Apple Cup this season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Woof!

I think if the season ended today we would be in the tourney. Still a a lot of season left.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Woof!

I think if the season ended today we would be in the tourney. Still a a lot of season left.

What a great win tonight! I love how together Hopkins has this team playing. Thybulle has to be defensive player of the year at this point.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Woof!

CBS Sports has Washington as the #10 seed in the West as of this morning.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• DJrmb wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:Woof!

What a great win tonight! I love how together Hopkins has this team playing. Thybulle has to be defensive player of the year at this point.

Meanwhile.. what a free fall for ASU. Went from #4 in the nation to sinking out of the top 25. It's not a stretch that they are left out of the tournament.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Yeah we were fortunate enough to catch USC when they were struggling early in the conference schedule, and to catch ASU when they are struggling later on in the season. But now we need to root for both schools, particularly ASU. We want to keep them as a tier 1 win, so hopefully they finish inside the top 30 in RPI. To be honest though, I think they are a pretty average team that completely overachieved early in the season. It will be interesting to see how they get seeded because of their opposite results in the non conference and conference schedules. The USC and KU wins are looking a lot better, both those teams have been playing great as of late.

I think if we can find a way to get to 20 wins, then we are in. We will also likely have to win at least one in the Pac-12 tournament. If we beat Arizona this weekend, then I think that firmly puts us in and we'd have to collapse to fall out of the tournament. Ferburary should be a fun month of husky hoops.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Yeah we were fortunate enough to catch USC when they were struggling early in the conference schedule, and to catch ASU when they are struggling later on in the season. But now we need to root for both schools, particularly ASU. We want to keep them as a tier 1 win, so hopefully they finish inside the top 30 in RPI. To be honest though, I think they are a pretty average team that completely overachieved early in the season. It will be interesting to see how they get seeded because of their opposite results in the non conference and conference schedules. The USC and KU wins are looking a lot better, both those teams have been playing great as of late.

I think if we can find a way to get to 20 wins, then we are in. We will also likely have to win at least one in the Pac-12 tournament. If we beat Arizona this weekend, then I think that firmly puts us in and we'd have to collapse to fall out of the tournament. Ferburary should be a fun month of husky hoops.

An ASU alum, i've stopped donating and cancelled Son #1's application until Bobby Hurley is off the sideline. They are done.

I think the Huskies are just a couple of wins away from punching their ticket. the rest will be seeding
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• What a game! Dom Green with the game winning three at the buzzer. We just beat two ranked teams, that has to firmly put us in the tourney. Still a lot of season left, but we got a team! So excited for this team and for Mike Hopkins.

Most people in Seattle probably don't even know the name Mike Hopkins, they will soon though.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Incredible win wow! This team with Coach Hop is a lot better than anyone was giving them credit for. Mike Hopkins has done an incredible job with these guys!
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• DJrmb wrote:Incredible win wow! This team with Coach Hop is a lot better than anyone was giving them credit for. Mike Hopkins has done an incredible job with these guys!

It has to be one of best turnarounds in not only college hoops but in sports. This team went 9-22 overall, and 2-16 in conference last season. They are already at 17-6 overall and 7-3 in the Pac-12. Oh and they lost some guy named Fultz who went #1 in the NBA draft. Absolutely incredible turnaround.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Awesome win. Hopkins needs some serious consideration for PAC-12 coach of the year!
    This team was supposed to finish 10th in the PAC-12 this season. Confidence is a dangerous thing and the Dawgs have that is spades rights now! :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Crazy finish. Loved it
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Sports Hernia wrote:Awesome win. Hopkins needs some serious consideration for PAC-12 coach of the year!
    This team was supposed to finish 10th in the PAC-12 this season. Confidence is a dangerous thing and the Dawgs have that is spades rights now! :2thumbs:

Absolutely, if they were voting today he would be a lock. Dickerson was fantastic against Arizona's 7-footers AND Dominic Green was absolutely clutch with that last shot.

One for the ages, looks like UDub has found its BB coach too!
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Have the Ducks and Huskies played yet this season? I fully admit, when it comes to Duck basketball i'm very much a band wagon fan, i only pay attention when they're good. From my understanding they can go 5 minute stretches where they look like the best team on the planet, then the very next 5 minutes they look like they dont know what that orange round thing bouncing around is. Women's team is pretty damn good though, i've watched some of them.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Yes, coach Hop is basically a lock for Pac-12 COY. He is probably top 3 COY in all of college hoops. I'm not even sure if they have that award on a national level or not, but only guy who you can make an argument for better turnaround is Chris Holtman at Ohio State.

Huskies play Ducks in Eugene this week. Personally, I'm not crazy about our chances. Ducks are going to be pissed coming off the worst loss in the Altman era, on the other side Huskies might be overconfident after beating two ranked teams. Nothing wrong with being a bandwagon fan as long as you admit it. Can't stand the so-called "life long Seahawk fans" around this city. Funny how so many popped up right around the time RW got here.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Yes, coach Hop is basically a lock for Pac-12 COY. He is probably top 3 COY in all of college hoops. I'm not even sure if they have that award on a national level or not, but only guy who you can make an argument for better turnaround is Chris Holtman at Ohio State.

Huskies play Ducks in Eugene this week. Personally, I'm not crazy about our chances. Ducks are going to be pissed coming off the worst loss in the Altman era, on the other side Huskies might be overconfident after beating two ranked teams. Nothing wrong with being a bandwagon fan as long as you admit it. Can't stand the so-called "life long Seahawk fans" around this city. Funny how so many popped up right around the time RW got here.

The Dawgs are a good team this year under Coach Hop but they are not a great team yet. I totally expect a down game after all the emotion of this last win against Arizona. It's pretty natural for a young up and coming team like these Huskies getting so high going against a top 10 team and then being a little flat after that. They don't have the tradition of winning and being a top program year in and year out yet. However, when they are up for a game I think they've shown they can play and be in a game with just about anyone. So while I'm thinking they will maybe come out flat against the Ducks and probably lose it's all a part of what Coach Hop is building in them long term.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• :2thumbs:
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Hawk-Lock wrote:Can't stand the so-called "life long Seahawk fans" around this city. Funny how so many popped up right around the time RW got here.

Just as much as us "life-long" Seahawk's fans can't stand being called bandwagon fans after paying our dues waiting in those interminably long lines to get into the trough urinal at the Kingdome.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah. I can't stand the people calling out the "Seahawks" bandwagon aka Seahawks fan circa 2012.

It's bull.

Personally, from my point of view to the haters: brah, I've been here all along, through the thick and thin for more than half my life.

You wouldn't know that because you didn't care to notice. Not until my team became a National contender.

I've been rooting for my team for years. You just didn't hear because it's you who are the true bandwagon. Haters bandwagon. You didn't care when my team is irrelevant... now because they've done well you care and now u want to hate and tell me things like "where were you before 2012".

No, where were you. Just because you didn't care didn't mean I did not.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• CBS Sports now projects Washington as a seven seed in the West.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• lololol UW still not ranked despite 2 wins against top 10 opponents. 3-1 overall against ranked opponents.

East Coast bias shows the most in College Basketball. It's really bad.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Quack. 65-40? To a crappy Ducks team?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:Quack. 65-40? To a crappy Ducks team?

Trying to “blow up” this game much??? LOL, The Quackers are 16-8 not sure that’s a crappy team.
    Young UW team that is playing above their heads this year, there is going to be a stumble here and there.
    You shoot less than 28% from the floor you are not going to beat many Highschool teams.

To quote a Quackers fan from this very board. “I’m already over it.” 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Pac 12 is very strong this year but yeah, 40 points is a joke. No excuses
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Crizilla wrote:Pac 12 is very strong this year but yeah, 40 points is a joke. No excuses

The Pac 12 is dogshit, Arizona is the best team and there weak.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• That was an extremely sloppy game.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Quack. 65-40? To a crappy Ducks team?

Trying to “blow up” this game much??? LOL, The Quackers are 16-8 not sure that’s a crappy team.
    Young UW team that is playing above their heads this year, there is going to be a stumble here and there.
    You shoot less than 28% from the floor you are not going to beat many Highschool teams.

To quote a Quackers fan from this very board. “I’m already over it.” 8)

Haha. After two straight ass kickings on the football field I have to get a little joy!
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The UWWBB team only has one pac 12 win, could their coach be on the hot seat next year if things don't improve? Or is that the path we had also expected the mens team to go with a new coach? Just seems a bit of a decline for the womens team given recent successes.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:Pac 12 is very strong this year but yeah, 40 points is a joke. No excuses

Agreed. Pac-12 is easily the worst power conference IMO. Zona is the best team and they are struggling and look like a fringe top 25 team. Pac-12 might not have a team better than a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA tournament.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

• Glasgow Seahawk wrote:The UWWBB team only has one pac 12 win, could their coach be on the hot seat next year if things don't improve? Or is that the path we had also expected the mens team to go with a new coach? Just seems a bit of a decline for the womens team given recent successes.

Their recent success was due one tremendous athlete and she graduated last year. Plus they have a new coach this year too. I thought their coach Neighbors left after last season.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Hawk-Lock wrote:
    getnasty wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:Pac 12 is very strong this year but yeah, 40 points is a joke. No excuses

Agreed. Pac-12 is easily the worst power conference IMO. Zona is the best team and they are struggling and look like a fringe top 25 team. Pac-12 might not have a team better than a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA tournament.

West coast conferences never get the hype like east coast conferences do and it seems theres always a west coast team to make a serious run. Besides Duke and UNC, the ACC does nothing (Louisville doesnt count because they were just added to the ACC couple years ago). Oregon was seconds away from the title game against the ZAGS last year. There's no runaway favorite in the pac 12 this year because of balanced competition. There will probably only be 4 or 5 teams from the Pac12 to the make the tourney this year but I will predict 2 or 3 will make the sweet 16.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Terrible loss tonight! I hope this isn't the one blemish that keeps them out of the tournament.
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Huskies are in the stage right now of learning how to deal with big home wins. You can't let your guard down AT ALL when going on the road in conference play. That ARZ win mentally exhausted this team.
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information