NHL Seattle Hockey club

Crizilla

Reaction score
Brett":1mlssacj said:
I just found this today, probably my favorite Metro's concept art so far. Love the sonics colors instead of the typical green, blue, and grey. So I would like to know what you all think of this, and if you can find some concept art that you like please post it up so we can discuss it !

ScyYC9O Brbu6p9MgXsSZnlA0YsiXZjJJHMrG0nRMMesk8SzgX

This looks way too much like the Sonics design before they left. I hope they stick with the uni's they won the Stanley Cup in.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3d435a0o said:
Blade Runners

I assume the estate of Philip K. Dick, Ridley Scott and Warner Brothers would have a problem with this...........but I betcha there are thousands of youth hockey teams with this name.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if some of the season tickets were purchased by British Columbians, especially if the initial prices are reasonable relative to the Canucks prices.

A chance to see hockey on Friday,Saturday,Sunday at a more reasonable price than the Canucks; see/resell 4 additional Canucks games on the secondary market; see/resell the Oilers, Leafs, Canadiens, Caps, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins and other big draws (you could probably pay off your season tickets by just selling those games on the secondary market).

I have a feeling the ticket drive will exceed expectations in a huge way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kobebryant":1qehzsu9 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if some of the season tickets were purchased by British Columbians, especially if the initial prices are reasonable relative to the Canucks prices.

A chance to see hockey on Friday,Saturday,Sunday at a more reasonable price than the Canucks; see/resell 4 additional Canucks games on the secondary market; see/resell the Oilers, Leafs, Canadiens, Caps, Penguins, Rangers, Bruins and other big draws (you could probably pay off your season tickets by just selling those games on the secondary market).

I have a feeling the ticket drive will exceed expectations in a huge way.

Probably also a lot of Seattle/NW transplants living in BC that love hockey and want to come see matches.

I've said before, I have no doubt the season ticket drive will be a tremendous success.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Too bad we couldn't get this puck rolling sooner and perhaps just let the team play in BC until the arena is built.. wouldn't that be sweet.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Bobblehead":dut8m3kr said:
Too bad we couldn't get this puck rolling sooner and perhaps just let the team play in BC until the arena is built.. wouldn't that be sweet.

I hear ya. But there is also something nice about launching your franchise in shiny new diggs. The Ottawa Senators first couple of seasons were under the grandstands of a football stadium, which while wonderfully quirky in a 90s nostalgia kinda way, isn't exactly how you want to start out.

Brett

Reaction score
KK84":2eoisi6c said:

That is a good little find ! I would be very happy to get GM that has a good rep. I don't know much of the NHL staff or even players right now but I am looking forward to diving in once we have a franchise for sure.

On a side note I went with a buddy to the Tbirds game on Sunday and even though we lost it was a lot of fun and had been far too long since I got out to a game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brett":14fst70k said:
KK84":14fst70k said:

That is a good little find ! I would be very happy to get GM that has a good rep. I don't know much of the NHL staff or even players right now but I am looking forward to diving in once we have a franchise for sure.

On a side note I went with a buddy to the Tbirds game on Sunday and even though we lost it was a lot of fun and had been far too long since I got out to a game.

Bonderman and Bruckheimer have been waiting a long time to get their hockey club, they're not going to mess around. I expect them to go after a big name GM and coach.

Brett

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3lt6n84p said:
Brett":3lt6n84p said:
KK84":3lt6n84p said:

Bonderman and Bruckheimer have been waiting a long time to get their hockey club, they're not going to mess around. I expect them to go after a big name GM and coach.

I sure hope so, and I sure as hell hope they come up with a team name that does not suck!

ballhawks12

Reaction score
KK84":4kn90dfi said:
Looks like OVG has a site up with a hype video, a mailing list sign up, a season ticket faq, and a timer counting down to March 1st.
It's almost time to show the NHL they need to be here!

https://www.nhlseattle.com/

That video has me so freaking pumped. I'm ready to start hammering people.

But after seeing deposit prices -- $500 per ticket for season tickets, $1,000 per ticket for club season tickets -- I'm gonna just opt to purchase tickets from someone.

Exciting stuff!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seaky12":34g353zb said:
KK84":34g353zb said:
Looks like OVG has a site up with a hype video, a mailing list sign up, a season ticket faq, and a timer counting down to March 1st.

But after seeing deposit prices -- $500 per ticket for season tickets, $1,000 per ticket for club season tickets -- I'm gonna just opt to purchase tickets from someone.

Exciting stuff!

Yeah $500 seems like a lot for a deposit, but I imagine it's the right price to make sure only people who are serious about getting season tix apply.

I predict Seattle smashes the 10k mark Vegas used as a barometer for fan interest.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pn7w2r0 said:
Bobblehead":3pn7w2r0 said:
Blade Runners

I assume the estate of Philip K. Dick, Ridley Scott and Warner Brothers would have a problem with this...........but I betcha there are thousands of youth hockey teams with this name.

All those youth hockey team names will be lost in copyright lawsuits, like tears in rain.

Couldn't help myself.

Honestly I'm super pumped about this entire NHL to Seattle situation. I didn't grow up playing hockey or watching it much, but holy cow is it an awesome spectator sport. I went to a few Americans games as a kid and have been to dozens of Wenatchee Wild games (used to be NAHL, currently in the BCHL) since they came to town. Even watching these kids who are prepping for college/semi-pro level play is a blast.

Really interested to see how this continues. I'd love to put money down for a ticket package/season tickets, but it's likely to be a bit pricier than I can afford right now. $500 sounds about right for deposits.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gbp63h9 said:
seaky12":1gbp63h9 said:
KK84":1gbp63h9 said:

Exciting stuff!

Yeah $500 seems like a lot for a deposit, but I imagine it's the right price to make sure only people who are serious about getting season tix apply.

I predict Seattle smashes the 10k mark Vegas used as a barometer for fan interest.

I'd say you're right on it being the right price for the target market. For whatever reason, I was thinking that Vegas' deposits started at like $175 per ticket and went to around $1k, so I was kinda expecting to see similar pricing. It also seems like during the Vegas ticket drive that deposits were non-refundable except in the event that the NHL doesn't award them a team, which isn't the case here. But each situation is different, so yeah.

Maybe I've overlooked this, but any idea on how long the ticket drive is expected to run? Is there a set time or just whenever Seattle hits the goal? But I have no doubt Seattle will crush this regardless.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seaky12":22hg1ef0 said:
Maybe I've overlooked this, but any idea on how long the ticket drive is expected to run? Is there a set time or just whenever Seattle hits the goal? But I have no doubt Seattle will crush this regardless.

The site doesn't say, but I'd imagine it'll go until they reach their season ticket goal, 10-15k. No reason to stop taking people's money unless they reach their goal, and even then I'd imagine they want a nice 5k waiting list to fill in the seats of people who changed their minds.