Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Seattle Sounders 2018 Season
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:23 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Nico Lodiero won't play in tonight's second leg of the CCL because of a foot injury. And there goes any shot Seattle had of winning.

We got this. Toronto and the Red Bulls won against better teams. Chivas have been stinking the the league this year.

Only concern was not getting a second goal at home.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:29 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

Or a 3rd goal.

Not having Lodeiro was a death blow last night, we desperately needed him to help even out the possession and distribute..........instead Chivas just ran circles around us tiring out our back line, and eventually just running past them.

I hope Kim's slow feet of stone improve, because I wasn't impressed with what I saw.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

Or a 3rd goal.

Not having Lodeiro was a death blow last night, we desperately needed him to help even out the possession and distribute..........instead Chivas just ran circles around us tiring out our back line, and eventually just running past them.

I hope Kim's slow feet of stone improve, because I wasn't impressed with what I saw.

I watched more of this than I should have.

That was a very poor performance from Seattle last night. Thought the set up was wrong given the circumstances. The effort was worse. The response to the 2 goals lacked any ingenuity or ambition
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

Or a 3rd goal.

That was a very poor performance from Seattle last night. Thought the set up was wrong given the circumstances. The effort was worse. The response to the 2 goals lacked any ingenuity or ambition

True, but typical of a tired frustrated club in the 2nd half of matches when they know they're getting whooped. We had no more energy to do anything, let along put together any sort of cohesive response....................AND we used two subs in the first half due to injuries.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 am
  • That was piss poor. We are better than that.

Should have went for the early away goal rather than put pressure on our suspect defense. We barely strung 2 passes together. Chivas are not a good team, look at their position in the table, any time we went forward they looked suspect.

Reminded me of the MLS cup final all over again.

Also why throw away points in MLS by fielding a weakened team and not playing your strongest team in the CCL. Nouhou and Leerdham were badly missed. The back up full backs were awful.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:48 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Also why throw away points in MLS by fielding a weakened team and not playing your strongest team in the CCL. Nouhou and Leerdham were badly missed. The back up full backs were awful.

This is now the biggest failure on Schmetzer's part, he tried to split up the starters minutes between CCL and MLS, and it backfired on both........loss in CCL, and loss in the home openers AND now we have to go to Dallas Sunday needing points.

Not an easy task I understand, but if you're going to go for it in the CCL, then field your best starting 11 and go for it. It's much easier to squeak out a result in a regular season MLS match, than win a CCL series against a superior opponent.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:40 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

This is now the biggest failure on Schmetzer's part, he tried to split up the starters minutes between CCL and MLS, and it backfired on both........loss in CCL, and loss in the home openers AND now we have to go to Dallas Sunday needing points.

Not an easy task I understand, but if you're going to go for it in the CCL, then field your best starting 11 and go for it. It's much easier to squeak out a result in a regular season MLS match, than win a CCL series against a superior opponent.

I am starting to worry about our off season activity. The guys we signed look like squad depth rather than quality. Need that DP spot filled in the summer as a priority. Given we haven't been able to count on Morris for a year and a half, we probably need to get a speedy winger in or possibly another quality forward.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:56 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

I am starting to worry about our off season activity. The guys we signed look like squad depth rather than quality. Need that DP spot filled in the summer as a priority. Given we haven't been able to count on Morris for a year and a half, we probably need to get a speedy winger in or possibly another quality forward.

Well now all the DP's we've been scouting and putting out feelers on has changed because of Morris's injury.

But yes, this team has to find some offense in the summer transfer window, and get wider without Morris. You saw how narrow we looked last night, and even last Sunday against LA.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:

Or a 3rd goal.

True, but typical of a tired frustrated club in the 2nd half of matches when they know they're getting whooped. We had no more energy to do anything, let along put together any sort of cohesive response....................AND we used two subs in the first half due to injuries.

Why were they tired though? I didn't understand the philosophy of chasing the back line and stretching yourselves wide. Could've stayed compact for 60-65 minutes and waited for the Chivas to get impatient.

It was just a poor set up and game mentality.

They didn't go for the away goal, but didn't seem to want to be compact either.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:

Why were they tired though? I didn't understand the philosophy of chasing the back line and stretching yourselves wide. Could've stayed compact for 60-65 minutes and waited for the Chivas to get impatient.

They were tired cause they were chasing the ball the entire first half with no possession without Lodeiro, Chivas was running circles around our mids and defenders, especially the outside FB's.

That spells tired, frustrated and put a fork in any chance of a cohesive offensive push in either half.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:48 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

They were tired cause they were chasing the ball the entire first half with no possession without Lodeiro, Chivas was running circles around our mids and defenders, especially the outside FB's.

That spells tired, frustrated and put a fork in any chance of a cohesive offensive push in either half.

Which I asked.. "why?"

Why are they chasing the ball with a one goal lead in the away tie. It was a terrible set up, especially with their best forward and midfielder not available.

They lost, and deserved to
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Which I asked.. "why?"

Why are they chasing the ball with a one goal lead in the away tie. It was a terrible set up, especially with their best forward and midfielder not available.

Your asking me a chicken or the egg type question.

You're blaming some sort of tactical gameplan by Schemtzer to play bunker ball, and that's not what I saw. From the first minute the Chivas mids were winning every 50/50 ball and had an insanely lopsided possession.

How were the Sounders suppose to muster any sort of offensive attack without possession?

Why? Cause IMO without Lodeiro and our starting FB's, we couldn't possess the damn ball. Eikrem, Wingo, Roldan, Svensson, Francis and McCrary?

Really? Those are the mids and outside defenders Schmetzer thought could match up with a quick speedy technically superior Chivas side?

Believe me, I'm not defending the garbage lineup Schmetzer ran out there. Where the hell was Nouhou, where the hell was Leerdam.

While we're at it, where the hell are Rodriquez and Ozzie? Those two dudes have been hurt for what feels like six months. Why are they still inactive?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 am
  • Genuinely feel that was the first game we've really missed Joevin Jones. Either at LB or using him as a LM. We never replaced him.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:54 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Which I asked.. "why?"

Your asking me a chicken or the egg type question.

You're blaming some sort of tactical gameplan by Schemtzer to play bunker ball, and that's not what I saw. From the first minute the Chivas mids were winning every 50/50 ball and had an insanely lopsided possession.

How were the Sounders suppose to muster any sort of offensive attack without possession?

Why? Cause IMO without Lodeiro and our starting FB's, we couldn't possess the damn ball. Eikrem, Wingo, Roldan, Svensson, Francis and McCrary?

Really? Those are the mids and outside defenders Schmetzer thought could match up with a quick speedy technically superior Chivas side?

Believe me, I'm not defending the garbage lineup Schmetzer ran out there. Where the hell was Nouhou, where the hell was Leerdam.

While we're at it, where the hell are Rodriquez and Ozzie? Those two dudes have been hurt for what feels like six months. Why are they still inactive?

Im not asking you anything... apologies if I led you to believe I thought you were the coach :)

Im questioning the approach going into the away tie. They clearly went after the ball, chasing down the wide channels.. they clearly tried to string passes together early on and were unsuccessful, forcing their players deeper into the spaces to defend. Why did they need an offensive attack without possession? Its actually silly to suggest that should be a part of the game plan without those players. And honestly.. do you not watch other teams score goals without possession (Leicester won a premier league title with an average of 35% possession)

why waste the energy or the space.

They don't need to bunker it. but they certainly couldve had a much more concerted and consistent gameplan going into the game.

I saw a team unsure of how it was going to defend, attack or execute what ever game plan was being asked of them.

It was poor.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Im questioning the approach going into the away tie. They clearly went after the ball, chasing down the wide channels.. they clearly tried to string passes together early on and were unsuccessful, forcing their players deeper into the spaces to defend. Why did they need an offensive attack without possession? Its actually silly to suggest that should be a part of the game plan without those players. And honestly.. do you not watch other teams score goals without possession (Leicester won a premier league title with an average of 35% possession)

why waste the energy or the space.

They don't need to bunker it. but they certainly couldve had a much more concerted and consistent gameplan going into the game.

I saw a team unsure of how it was going to defend, attack or execute what ever game plan was being asked of them.

It was poor.

It absolutely was poor.

But your only option for offense if you can't get possession is the counter and/or over the top balls. Which is what the Sounders were trying to do, just terrible low percentage poorly timed and passes over the top balls to nowhere.

With who up top? Dempsey. He can't run to space, he needs Lodeiro to service him, if not he's useless.

No Morris, no Lodeiro and no starting outside backs = the narrow dysfunctional garbage offense you saw Wednesday.

So if you would of liked something different tactically Si, please explain how that was to happen with that lineup.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:32 pm
  • I dont know enough of your roster to determine what was possible. But im sure your manager had better options than what he sent out.

Hell, i've seen centerbacks play striker in situations like these. But you say Dempsey can't play without Lodeiro... does Lodeiro play long balls to Clint to move forward? Is there not a true #9 on the Sounders that can utilize hold up play to retain possession and transition into quick counters? Is Lodeiro the only player who can hit an accurate pass over 20 yards in the air? Do you think counter soccer needs to throw the ball into the green grass behind the backline where everyone runs to it? 1/2 of England play with a true 9 that just brings down 40 yard passes to start counters.. every match.

The point here is that your lineup and coinciding tactics didnt match the environment or need. It was poorly thought out, clearly poorly trained and even more poorly executed.

From what I watched, i could not discern a plan. I don't care what the roster looked like, the manager didn't have a plan.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:47 pm
  • Clint Dempsey needs to retire. He brings nothing positive to the team any more.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:05 pm
  • Worrying. We looked really under prepared today.

Torres and Roldan look way off the pace. Nouhou got beat for pace, when that happens he doesn't have much else.

As for Dempsey. Gtfo with that crap. You threw your team mates under the bus with that bs.

We're barely stringing 2 passes together in midfield. I know our depth sucks but the formation isnt working. Even with 11 men we could have been down 2 or 3.

We need another forward asap. No messing about till August. Do we even have one for next week?

If this form continues, big questions need to be asked of the GM and Schmetzer.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:47 pm
  • We need a striker. We need Alonzo, Lodiero and Rodriguez to get healthy ASAP. And we need to give Dempsey his walking papers so we can use his money and DP roster spot on a player that is actually worthy of it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am
  • That game was lost before Dempsey took his ball and went home.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:02 pm
  • Got to agree. It's been a tough week. Chivas are not a good team this year.

Too many injuries and players out of form isn't good though. We need Roldan to step up with Lodeiro out and he hasn't.

Torres has looked a liability.

Shipp provides nothing.

Jury is out on Wolff but in his starts he hasn't done much. I'm clinging to that sub appearance in the CCL where he played well.

McCrary, Wingo and Francis don't look starter quality.

Jury is out on Kee-Hee this early on but in those subs appearances I seen him get burned, Alfaroesque.

Bwana had a good debut.

Neagle is gonna have to play forward next week unless Bruin is back. Even then we are asking a lot of Bruin to step up and score every week. He did great last year but its a tough ask.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:37 pm
  • Saw Tyrone Mears at the MN United home opener this weekend. Had a great game.

They are an interesting squad. Some good pieces, decent ideas, very slow build up though.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:13 am
  • That Zlatan signing by the Galaxy smacks of desperation. They haven't been great since Keane etc left and now have competition in LA from a team who have started well. Ibrahimovic is done. Yes he'll score in MLS but not sure he's worth the huge salary.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:24 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Got to agree. It's been a tough week. Chivas are not a good team this year.

Too many injuries and players out of form isn't good though. We need Roldan to step up with Lodeiro out and he hasn't.

Torres has looked a liability.

Shipp provides nothing.

Jury is out on Wolff but in his starts he hasn't done much. I'm clinging to that sub appearance in the CCL where he played well.

McCrary, Wingo and Francis don't look starter quality.

Jury is out on Kee-Hee this early on but in those subs appearances I seen him get burned, Alfaroesque.

Bwana had a good debut.

Neagle is gonna have to play forward next week unless Bruin is back. Even then we are asking a lot of Bruin to step up and score every week. He did great last year but its a tough ask.

All correct, but Lodeiro is the key to any success if we're going to make it to the summer transfer window with any hope of staying in contention until we can find a DP striker.

Our midfield is absolute garbage without him.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:That Zlatan signing by the Galaxy smacks of desperation. They haven't been great since Keane etc left and now have competition in LA from a team who have started well. Ibrahimovic is done. Yes he'll score in MLS but not sure he's worth the huge salary.

He'll sell uniforms and draw a big crowd. He'll also score a ton of goals at this level.

But Ibra has always been a shoehorn type striker. He's very unconventional in how he approaches his positioning and makes himself available. You build a team around his style, not wedge him in. Will be interesting to see how he does and subsequently how LA does
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:27 am
  • Re: Dempsey starting up top.

No. We literally don't have a better option than that. I'm furious. After the Morris' injury we are 1 deep at Striker.

Dempsey can't play a #9. He can't stand between the CB's. He drops back behind the #8 and wonders why everything is compressed in front of him.

Without Will Bruin. This team has no option but to play a 4-6-0. And I'm being serious. We have no one that can do it.

Lamar Neagle? Can't do it himself.

Seyi Adekoya? Dude has like 6 first team minutes, and I think he's injured right now.

Henry Wingo? Dont think so.

We might as well let Roman Torres play up there.

Unacceptable roster management by Garth here. We've been light up top for some time, and its costing us games right now. Not sure we can go until the Summer window without another striker.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Between Life and my Fury at the roster, there hasn't been a lot of positives to say.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56 am
  • a 4-6 is essentially what you just said Dempsey does.. drop down off the back line and collect possession with the cms.. the issue here seems that if/when he does, the 8 and 10 don't know where to go (they would try and take advantage of the space vacated by dempsey).

When Spain ran the false 9, it was effective because of their possession abilities in the center of the field, but also because any of the 6 mids (and wide backs) would look to run in behind the back 4 as they tried to figure out where all their offensive responsibilities disappeared to. David Villa and/or Fernando Torres would routinely pop up in the center mid lanes, the half spaces, rotate wide and then make runs back through the space if/when the ball left.

Barca did it a bit differently.. they'd just possess the hell out the ball in front of you, using the 6 man overload, and the run right by you when you took a chance defensively.. or work it slowly until your back was inches from your own goal.

The key here is do the players understand how to move themselves out of the way (which, there is only one place to go, and its forward). I have no idea, but can guess, that Seattle does not have the technical ability to pull off one of the more complicated formations around

Im wondering if a 4 diamond 2 would benefit them more. not sure who your wide mids would be, but they'd have to be runners

Hope all is well Smurf. its a long season. dont let a slow start get you down
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:21 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:a 4-6 is essentially what you just said Dempsey does.. drop down off the back line and collect possession with the cms.. the issue here seems that if/when he does, the 8 and 10 don't know where to go (they would try and take advantage of the space vacated by dempsey).

When Spain ran the false 9, it was effective because of their possession abilities in the center of the field, but also because any of the 6 mids (and wide backs) would look to run in behind the back 4 as they tried to figure out where all their offensive responsibilities disappeared to. David Villa and/or Fernando Torres would routinely pop up in the center mid lanes, the half spaces, rotate wide and then make runs back through the space if/when the ball left.

Barca did it a bit differently.. they'd just possess the hell out the ball in front of you, using the 6 man overload, and the run right by you when you took a chance defensively.. or work it slowly until your back was inches from your own goal.

The key here is do the players understand how to move themselves out of the way (which, there is only one place to go, and its forward). I have no idea, but can guess, that Seattle does not have the technical ability to pull off one of the more complicated formations around

Im wondering if a 4 diamond 2 would benefit them more. not sure who your wide mids would be, but they'd have to be runners

Hope all is well Smurf. its a long season. dont let a slow start get you down

and there is the problem.

We don't have any wide players who are runners. all of them are pretty slow, technical players.

The Roster doesn't have the options to adjust styles.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:27 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:That Zlatan signing by the Galaxy smacks of desperation. They haven't been great since Keane etc left and now have competition in LA from a team who have started well. Ibrahimovic is done. Yes he'll score in MLS but not sure he's worth the huge salary.

Ibra...

Already showing the massive gulf in class between the top players in the world and the rest. What a debut.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 pm
  • 3 matches in, the Sounders still haven't scored a single goal but they are on a streak of getting players ejected in 2 straight games. Not a great start to this season at all.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:40 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:3 matches in, the Sounders still haven't scored a single goal but they are on a streak of getting players ejected in 2 straight games. Not a great start to this season at all.

Players ejected in all 3. Alfaro was ejected in the first match.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:03 pm
  • Still cringe that we fielded such a weak team against LA. Smacked of arrogance when our squad depth isnt that great. Now im not sure when our first win will come. Montreal did not look good and are usually horrendous away from home.

Also why was nouhou on the bench? Their goal came fron a mistake by the rookie lb.

Sign an effin quality striker lagerway. Its getting painful to watch. Chad marshall looked mostly likely to score today which says it all.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:03 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:3 matches in, the Sounders still haven't scored a single goal but they are on a streak of getting players ejected in 2 straight games. Not a great start to this season at all.

Oh ya...that’s right. Totally forgot about Alfaro. Sounders are better off when he’s not playing anyway.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:45 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:3 matches in, the Sounders still haven't scored a single goal but they are on a streak of getting players ejected in 2 straight games. Not a great start to this season at all.

Oh ya...that’s right. Totally forgot about Alfaro. Sounders are better off when he’s not playing anyway.

Unfortunately, it seems that is the case for pretty much all of their players this year.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Sign an effin quality striker lagerway. Its getting painful to watch. Chad marshall looked mostly likely to score today which says it all.

They're trying, I think we were about to sign Diego Capel after his trial.............but he tore his hamstring in training and now he's gone.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders ... g-sounders

Not a striker, but IMO another speedy winger to take Morris's role is fine as well. This team desperately needs someone who can help with the width and stretch the defense.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:54 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:

Maybe, but they're definitely not better off playing 10 vs 11 which they've done every game so far this season.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Still cringe that we fielded such a weak team against LA. Smacked of arrogance when our squad depth isnt that great. Now im not sure when our first win will come. Montreal did not look good and are usually horrendous away from home.

Also why was nouhou on the bench? Their goal came fron a mistake by the rookie lb.

Far from a rookie. Over 150 pro appearances, over 80 of them in MLS.

Of the two, Nouhou is far more inexperienced.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Still cringe that we fielded such a weak team against LA. Smacked of arrogance when our squad depth isnt that great. Now im not sure when our first win will come. Montreal did not look good and are usually horrendous away from home.

He's playing like a rookie and sucking.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 am
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:Still cringe that we fielded such a weak team against LA. Smacked of arrogance when our squad depth isnt that great. Now im not sure when our first win will come. Montreal did not look good and are usually horrendous away from home.

He's playing like a rookie and sucking.

Can't disagree with that.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:58 pm
  • Seattle gets their first goals and point of the season, although they probably would've gotten all three if it weren't for the defensive brain farts of Nouhou. Alex Roldan looked good in his first start, Christian had probably his best game of the season so far, and Ozzie is back.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Seattle gets their first goals and point of the season, although they probably would've gotten all three if it weren't for the defensive brain farts of Nouhou. Alex Roldan looked good in his first start, Christian had probably his best game of the season so far, and Ozzie is back.

Nouhou was, and has been terrible all season.

I do think with Clint back up top and Ozzie hopefully back to full strength should do wonders on both sides of the pitch, and then if we can add a DP winger or striker in June? I think we'll be just fine.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:54 pm
  • It made such a difference having Ozzy back and Roldan further forward. So much more creativity.

Nouhou though... :34853_doh: Absolute disaster at the back. Such a lack of discipline. Really really wish we had just paid Jones.

A draw is ok I guess given KC away is usually pretty tough.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm
  • Nouhou is only 20 so there's hope that he'll improve in his defensive work, but man the growing pains are rough.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:It made such a difference having Ozzy back and Roldan further forward. So much more creativity.

Nouhou though... :34853_doh: Absolute disaster at the back. Such a lack of discipline. Really really wish we had just paid Jones.

We would have had to make Jones a DP, he signed a pretty nice pre-transfer contract with Darmstadt.

Hindsight? Might not have been a bad move, but from how sour it got with Jones last year when he left without permission.................he was going to Europe either way.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:05 pm
  • Big win today for the club. They looked absolutely dominant in the first half. Nouhou had a nice bounce back game, and Cristian Roldan continues to be Seattle's best player.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Glasgow Seahawk wrote:It made such a difference having Ozzy back and Roldan further forward. So much more creativity.

We would have had to make Jones a DP, he signed a pretty nice pre-transfer contract with Darmstadt.

Hindsight? Might not have been a bad move, but from how sour it got with Jones last year when he left without permission.................he was going to Europe either way.

Nouhou played well today and it was a good win.

Jones was just as bad, if not worse than Nouhou, when he first arrived in Seattle. He was still a horrible defender. Once Jones was moved to MF/Wing, he started playing better. Jones was never a good defender, seemed out of position, so not sure why Sigi and Schmetzer thought he was.

Nouhou is young and will make mistakes as he is in learning mode but he has higher ceiling than Jones. I can see that he'll be a better player than Jones when all is said and done.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Big win today for the club. They looked absolutely dominant in the first half. Nouhou had a nice bounce back game, and Cristian Roldan continues to be Seattle's best player.

MN United were so, so poor in the first half.. no pressure on the ball, not discernible presence in the midfield and no intent. I watch them often as they are the local club and was generally laughing at how bad the back 4 is.

Second half was surprised at how easily MN United were able to move the ball into the attacking 3rd and how soft Seattle became. The introduction of Ramirez set a tone and, if not for poor execution on attacking runs and two very poor finishes from easy spaces, that game ends level. Whomever Seattle's left back was just sat back and let cross after cross come in.

as Sounder fans, that has to be alarming, no? or is a case of "baby steps, we got the win?"

Ive not seen much, if any, of Seattle this season (that i recall)

One thing, switching from the Prem games over the weekend to this one was how slow the ball moved in the MLS game. Nothing in terms of off ball movement from more than the involved players. Was disappointing
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:26 am
  • Nice save Frei
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am
  • Feel bad for Frei, what an awful way to lose.

But even a draw wouldn't have helped the glaring need for width on this team. Without Morris and outside backs that can put stress and stretch the defense, this club is doomed.

btw, what the hell happened to V-Rod? Dude's been injured for like 9 months, jesus did we know he was so brittle when we signed him?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed May 02, 2018 11:56 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Feel bad for Frei, what an awful way to lose.

But even a draw wouldn't have helped the glaring need for width on this team. Without Morris and outside backs that can put stress and stretch the defense, this club is doomed.

btw, what the hell happened to V-Rod? Dude's been injured for like 9 months, jesus did we know he was so brittle when we signed him?

V-Rod is a high level Knee Sprain. He was close to making it back but it flaired up in training about a week ago. He was in the 18 recently.

Torres appears to have done in his Hamstring. Schmetzer said today that "Its not good, and thats all I'll say." My guess is he's out until after the world cup.

Lagerway today said we plan on making a 8 digit investment in a player during the summer window and to add another piece during that window as well.

Transfer window is officially closed, so this is what we got until the summer window.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information