Portland Trailblazers

m0ng0

Reaction score
quite honestly I would be fine with blowing out everybody except Dame, CJ, Nurk, Harkless, Vonleh and Aminu,

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree that they should move CJ. He doesn't offer anything other than scoring. They should try to move him for a more balanced player.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
#10 Zach Collins

#26 Caleb Swannigan

Both competitors both big men. I called the Swannigan pick. He reminds me of Zach Randolph.

I am not wholly sold on Zach Collins. I thought J Collins would have been a great fit with the center Nurkic.
The more I study Z Collins I am hopeful he can be a modern stretch 4. A in that we didnt sell the farm to unload contracts and Paul was willing to reach into his purse. Both players have a fire and I love Swannigan's desire. A great story.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Yeah I am quite happy with what they did, both add a lot of toughness and grit. We have been a soft team for a long time, will be nice to see a little attitude :D I did not know much about Collins other then watching parts of the tournament but I liked what I saw. The kid is 19 so it will be a process. I hope he gives Myers a pop in the chops to get his attention :D Your time as the golden boy is over, if you want to stay on this team you gotta go thru me :D

Swanigan I did not know anything about but what a great story this kids is. He is my new favorite player already.

The team does have some reshuffling and hopefully we can get rid of a few expensive redundancies, I like what they are doing.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think Portland did pretty good in the draft. I'm not really sold on Collins, but he definitely has upside. He is hard to project, but he definitely fits the mold of a stretch PF in the NBA. Personally I've always thought of him more as an big SF, but I think he can play both positions.

Swannigan probably would have been a top 10 pick in the 90's. Hard to say how he will do in the new era of the NBA. I was a big fan of his in college, but his game is probably better suited at the college level.

This draft helps them, but I still think they should try to move CJ. Him and Lillard are just too similar. They need a dynamic two way player who can do more than just score from the perimeter.

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Swanigan Highlights

[youtube]2a7z8tNec_A[/youtube]

Zach Collins

[youtube]64c8jiD8Mo0[/youtube]

OP
OP
Atradees

Atradees

Reaction score
Blazers trade Allan Crabbe to the nets and stretch provision Nicholson...saving 40 million in luxury tax. The bill is currently 3.6 million. This saves paying Crabbe 56 million over 3 years. Good move. 2 bums to...Evan Turner and Meyers Leonard.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great season for the Blazers. They got a great draw in the Pelicans, who I think are probably the worst team in the West that made the playoffs. Anthony Davis will be a tough matchup, but Portland should dominate from the perimeter. If I had to guess, I'd say Blazers in 5 games.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":i07nk71r said:
Great season for the Blazers. They got a great draw in the Pelicans, who I think are probably the worst team in the West that made the playoffs. Anthony Davis will be a tough matchup, but Portland should dominate from the perimeter. If I had to guess, I'd say Blazers in 5 games.
Respectfully disagree. Utah is the worst team in the playoffs for the West. And the Pels are better than you think (of course this is coming from a lifelong fan though). Thanks to nbastreams on Reddit, I've been and to watch a ton of their games this year. They really are a pretty potent team right now. The additions of Mirotic and Okafor were great ones, especially Okafor. I can't help but think if he was with them earlier in the season as a big that can spell for 10-15 minutes a night, Cousins might never have gone down.

But since Cousin's injury, they changed the way they play completely. They're number one in pace of play, their defense stiffened up into the top 15, and the can shoot the 3 very well. If AD and Holiday can get consistent help from Mirotic, Moore, Rondo, Miller, and Clark, I think they can take the series.

I do agree with their perimeter D, though. That's a real weakness of theirs. Their perimeter D and post D are night and day.

I was hoping this would be the series! I'm pumped for it. I was hoping to go to a weekend game in Portland, but now that I know the schedule, it's probably not gonna happen. I haven't been to a New Orleans vs Portland game since 2010, back when they were the Hornets and the Blazers still had Rudy Fernandez.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":zjsymgdg said:
Hawk-Lock":zjsymgdg said:
Respectfully disagree. Utah is the worst team in the playoffs for the West. And the Pels are better than you think (of course this is coming from a lifelong fan though). Thanks to nbastreams on Reddit, I've been and to watch a ton of their games this year. They really are a pretty potent team right now. The additions of Mirotic and Okafor were great ones, especially Okafor. I can't help but think if he was with them earlier in the season as a big that can spell for 10-15 minutes a night, Cousins might never have gone down.

But since Cousin's injury, they changed the way they play completely. They're number one in pace of play, their defense stiffened up into the top 15, and the can shoot the 3 very well. If AD and Holiday can get consistent help from Mirotic, Moore, Rondo, Miller, and Clark, I think they can take the series.

I do agree with their perimeter D, though. That's a real weakness of theirs. Their perimeter D and post D are night and day.

I was hoping this would be the series! I'm pumped for it. I was hoping to go to a weekend game in Portland, but now that I know the schedule, it's probably not gonna happen. I haven't been to a New Orleans vs Portland game since 2010, back when they were the Hornets and the Blazers still had Rudy Fernandez.

How can anyone be a "life long fan" of New Orleans? Unless you're about 16?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
CPHawk":xzpb51jx said:
Thepeelsessions":xzpb51jx said:
Hawk-Lock":xzpb51jx said:

How can anyone be a "life long fan" of New Orleans? Unless you're about 16?

I grew up a Charlotte Hornets fan, back when they had Muggsy, LJ, Zo, Chapman, Curry, etc. Then they moved to New Orleans and eventually rebranded to the Pelicans and Charlotte took back the Hornets name. I had no interest in the Bobcats, so continuing to root for New Orleans was an easy choice.

I actually grew up in Southern Oregon, but was never interested in being a Trail Blazers fan, but I always had a soft spot for them. Unless they were playing the Hornets or are playing the Pels, I'll always pull for them.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow Blazers playing really bad, Lillard and CJ have basically been no shows this half. I thought Portland played its best when the bench came in.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This game is evidence of the new age NBA. Nurkic is a good player, but his lack of mobility is going to keep his minutes low in this series. Blazers have a nice core, but they need some kind of dynamic big if they want to take the next step. Portland can't play much worst than they did tonight.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3a6ot54l said:
This game is evidence of the new age NBA. Nurkic is a good player, but his lack of mobility is going to keep his minutes low in this series. Blazers have a nice core, but they need some kind of dynamic big if they want to take the next step. Portland can't play much worst than they did tonight.

Nurkic is a monster on the boards though. I think it'll be tough for Portland to keep him out for too long. I've always felt like Ed Davis is underappreciated, going back to his Toronto days. What are your thoughts on this Collins kid? He's skinnier than a string bean, but he looks promising.

Great game though! New Orleans should've put them away early in the 4th but got sloppy. I couldn't stop thinking about their meltdown in game 3 vs Golden State in 2015. Lillard got hot in the 4th, but Holiday schooled him all game long.

This will be a fun series. Portland's defense is tough and they can crash the glass. I doubt Lillard and CJ can stay that cold for much longer.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Playing awful again. They are a jump shooting team, when shots aren't falling they don't look all that great.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It's a poorly constructed team, I've been saying it for a while. Lillard and CJ are basically the same player. Both undersized guards who score. They need to trade CJ for a guy who is more of a two way player.