2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
It was a good win, against a pitcher that has owned us the last couple of years. 3 more against the 'Stros this week.

:179422:

sutz

Reaction score
Reality check. Oh, well.

Yeah, I'm wondering how long the Ichiro thing will go on. He finally got a hit, but he's hogging a roster spot. I'd rather have kept Motter up. He can play more positions in the field, at least.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The guy has really been done for about 3-4 years now..I don't understand why people keep signing him.
Ok so he is a money draw?Who really wants to see an old washed up Ichiro who still is too lazy to speak english.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1k9mj09f said:
Annnnnnd reality sets in. 1 run Sunday, 2 Monday, 1 last night, and 1 tonight. Not sure what else to say.

Well.. the AStros have some great pitching obviously.. sustainable pitching through 9 innings.. we have a bout a 6 inning window.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
5 runs in the last 4 games. Pathetic. So tired of the streaky hitting with this core. And I'm so SICK of the Astros. Springer, Correa, Altuve, the whole lot of em!

And can someone please tell me what Dee Gordon is doing in center field? I know it's a new position, and he's made a few nice plays out there. He's playing way too many balls on a hop. And there is no excuse for Dee dropping that double McCann had. It's early, but I'm already pining for Jarrod Dyson.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Ugh, Haniger also needs work playing outfield. Why in the world was he playing SO shallow with bases loaded and 2 outs? Altuve with a bases clearing double over Haniger's head. NO REASON he should have been playing so shallow. Not sure if that was Servais telling him to play shallow or not. Either way, Gordon and Haniger are terrible outfielders. I love Dee so far but he's not a center fielder (yet), and Haniger misjudges fly balls way too much. Frustrating series.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Reality!

Astros are a great team and if you make mistakes you WILL pay for it.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Astros will likely repeat as WS champs. That pitching rotation is elite, the bats have been kinda cold so far but they'll heat up, once that happens they'll be practically unbeatable in a series.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice comeback win today with plenty of hitting stars.... Haniger, Segura, Gordon, Seager, Cruz....
Felix pitched decent and the bullpen held.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Romine was pinch running in the 9th, and when Segura hit that 2 run double that wasnt even close to being caught, Romine still ran back and tagged up at 3rd before going home. Maybe he was watching a different game on the big screen.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Crizilla":2vzbz1b4 said:
Romine was pinch running in the 9th, and when Segura hit that 2 run double that wasnt even close to being caught, Romine still ran back and tagged up at 3rd before going home. Maybe he was watching a different game on the big screen.

You complain, a lot.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Crizilla":q1xbiuuz said:
I noticed that, too. The same exact thing happened earlier in the game with Choo at 3rd. Heredia wasn't close to catching a flyer in left, it was a clear base hit, and Choo literally waited until Guillermo played it on a hop to tag and head home. And I'm not sure why Guillermo didn't launch it home to attempt a throw out. He's got a strong, accurate arm. What is going through some of these players heads?

Nice win though. They chomped down in crunch time and put the pedal to the metal. It was good to see. Hopefully it sparked something for them.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":23mr86ea said:
Crizilla":23mr86ea said:
I noticed that, too. The same exact thing happened earlier in the game with Choo at 3rd. Heredia wasn't close to catching a flyer in left, it was a clear base hit, and Choo literally waited until Guillermo played it on a hop to tag and head home. And I'm not sure why Guillermo didn't launch it home to attempt a throw out. He's got a strong, accurate arm. What is going through some of these players heads?

Nice win though. They chomped down in crunch time and put the pedal to the metal. It was good to see. Hopefully it sparked something for them.
You think maybe it's the 3rd base coach having them play it safe and not the players?