2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here we go. If Diaz is even 75 percent as filthy as he was yesterday, I like our chances to win another 1 run game.

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's are 25th in ERA and 20th in runs. Yet 13-10. Haven't lost a road series yet. Diaz leads AL in saves.

If Gamel continues to struggle against this upcoming 4 game series against Cleveland I think they should send him down and bring Heredia back up.

sutz

Reaction score
Back to back one run wins. The back end of the bullpen has been outstanding lately. Electric Eddy is on fire!

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2ubiv7o2 said:
SoulfishHawk":2ubiv7o2 said:
This team has some real potential to finally get back in the playoffs.

This.
I'm usually the guy on :179417: around here, but let me just say: It's April 25th. ;)

Nice to get off to a decent start, though. :mrgreen:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Our 5h starter wins once again..
Anyone eating crow on this?I'm not the one who labled him as such..Just saying
Good win..The bullpen is good but as for playoffs there is still a long season yet.

Chapow

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1zln7spx said:
... as for playoffs there is still a long season yet.

Everyone is aware of this. I'm not sure what the problem is with someone mentioning that in their opinion this team has the potential to get to the playoffs.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, another good test this weekend, starting today. Cleveland. Hopefully, Pax is back to his dominant form.

Go M's!

sutz

Reaction score
Bobblehead":cgfyt56p said:
Will Diaz be this generations Mariano?
We certainly all hope so. He's been fantastic so far this year. A few slipups, but so far hasn't given up a run, and only one hit. Servais has had a problem the last couple of years in over-using pitchers. Let's hope he's smart about Eddie. One could argue that the injury situation kind of necessitated the over-use of guys like Vincent, keeping my fingers crossed that we have more normal availability this season.

Felix has shown that he's a 5-6 inning pitcher at best this year, so we'll need some careful strategizing. At least we didn't have the WBC thing this year, so guys had chances to work into their spots. Our setup guys have been pretty fantastic, too.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Chapow":k75zhoqb said:
IndyHawk":k75zhoqb said:

Everyone is aware of this. I'm not sure what the problem is with someone mentioning that in their opinion this team has the potential to get to the playoffs.

Potential is a dangerous word because it means you haven't done anything yet. I agree there's no problem with saying it, but it doesn't hold a lot of value. Every team has the potential to make the playoffs. Maybe not the Reds, but you get the point. I'm not sold on this team making the playoffs this year yet for a few reasons:

1. AL West is loaded this year. Arguably the best division in baseball.
2. The offense actually isn't that great this year
3. Starting pitching woes are continuing

I thought the 2014 team was the year they would finally break through and make the playoffs. Led the entire MLB in ERA that year, but the offense was pathetic. Ended up missing the playoffs by 1 game. This year neither the offense or starting pitching has been good so far. Diaz is carrying the team with 10 saves. I love what Dipoto has done with the top half of the line up but I don't think the team is ready to win division titles. They have enough talent to compete for a wild card, but that's it. The team will have to get younger too in the long run because Felix, Cruz, and Cano won't be around much longer. Build around Paxton, Haniger, Diaz, Segura, Gordon and hopefully Gonzalez. M's desperately need to build up the farm and draft better. M's draft history the past several years is depressing to look at. Literally the Browns of the MLB.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":3m50e2ds said:
IndyHawk":3m50e2ds said:

I have no problem with opinions ..My opinion was that is too early yet..
I'd love to make the playoffs but we have been teased a lot these last few years.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see Healy back. He's got better skills at 1B, and a lot better reach than Voges. Voges isn't even built much like a typical 1Bman IMHO, too short and stocky. Can't expect Healy to do much at the plate, and looks like he'll bat 9th today. Not surprising. Have to get him back into it, though, and lord knows Voges wasn't doing much aside from a couple of dingers.

Are people still talking about Kuma coming back? I don't necessarily see a spot for him anywhere.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Review hosed the mariners again. Cano hits a hr off the railing and they reverse it and give him a double.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Crizilla":378b4efm said:
It bounced off the top of the wall. Umps got it right.

I think it hit off the railing behind the wall. The ball wouldn't have bounced back that far or at that angle just hitting the padding.

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":hzuogs0s said:
I don't think so. The pad hardly moved. It bounced off the rail behind the pad.

Cano got jobbed.

:evil:

bigtrain21

Reaction score
sutz":16enrauu said:
Crizilla":16enrauu said:
I don't think so. The pad hardly moved. It bounced off the rail behind the pad.

Cano got jobbed.

:evil:

This is the railing that Sutz and I are talking about.

Uploadfromtaptalk1524789357203

sutz

Reaction score
I think Healy has got us at least two outs just on his stretch vs Vogelbach.

:2thumbs: