2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Does no one believe in Kyle Lewis? I thought he was drafted to be the CF of the future here. I know his knee is pretty banged up, but still

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ww5oplq8 said:
Bobblehead":ww5oplq8 said:
.. AND Cano hits just keep coming.. this will really really suck if true.

BREAKING NEWS: According to off the record sources and non-official reports, dominican All-Star Robinson Cano will be suspended for Steroid Use, could be announced today.#ZDeportes @z101digital @ZDeportes
10:09 AM - May 15, 2018

644 people are talking about this
It's not steroids. His sample tested positive for Furosemide, which is a diuretic.
PED/Steroids//It's cheating.. Plain and simple.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Maybe they can move Juan Nicasio to 2B to fill in while Cano is out. We know that Juan can't pitch...so why not try him there.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2vfucu8g said:
Dee will be switching back to 2B. Just heard on 710.
I like it! So who will they eventually put in CF? Heredia? Call me crazy, but I think they have some good options coming. Maybe not right away, but definitely for the future. SS Bryson Brigman and 2B Donnie Walton, both with A Modesto. OF John Andreoli with Tacoma. All of these guys are producing at the plate, on the field, and on the base paths. Sure, it's on the minors, but that's how guys get into the bigs, by producing in the minors. Isn't Segura an OF by trade? That opens s lot of options. Plus, I'm still high on Kyle Lewis. I just hope his knee isn't degenerative.

Cano is great and all, but at his age, with how much is left on his ridiculous contract, and now this.....Personally, I hope they can find a way to get out of it. The Ms have some promising youth that should have a chance to play. Cano hasn't exactly been a game changer since he's been here.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Oh my GOSH!!! Nicasio is this years Cishek. Send him down already my goodness how many games has he blown in the last month? 4? :pukeface:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":j33e1uax said:
Oh my GOSH!!! Nicasio is this years Cishek. Send him down already my goodness how many games has he blown in the last month? 4? :pukeface:

He should definitely not be pitching in close games at this point.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3vlgju90 said:
Seahaaaawks":3vlgju90 said:

He should definitely not be pitching in close games at this point.
Yeah, there's absolutely no logic behind this move.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3rblatko said:
Bobblehead":3rblatko said:
.. AND Cano hits just keep coming.. this will really really suck if true.

BREAKING NEWS: According to off the record sources and non-official reports, dominican All-Star Robinson Cano will be suspended for Steroid Use, could be announced today.#ZDeportes @z101digital @ZDeportes
10:09 AM - May 15, 2018

644 people are talking about this
It's not steroids. His sample tested positive for Furosemide, which is a diuretic.

Furosemide is used to mask other drugs in his system. It’s a water pill used to create more urine to flush your system. Also used for high blood pressure. But he didn’t say why he was taking a banned substance. Plus there are plenty of high blood meds approved by mlb.

Any roid user will tell you that furosemide is the best to hide ped’s in urine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Nice walk off win last night in the 11th. Offense still fights for victories even after watching shitty starting and relief pitching day in and day out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1hle980n said:
Nice walk off win last night in the 11th. Offense still fights for victories even after watching shitty starting and relief pitching day in and day out.

They just pitched a 4 hit shutout the night before. Plus that whole no-hitter thing last week.

Would be nice to get some consistency, however. The "big inning" has cost them a few games lately.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2nuyoyze said:
TransGenderHawkFan":2nuyoyze said:

They just pitched a 4 hit shutout the night before. Plus that whole no-hitter thing last week.

Would be nice to get some consistency, however. The "big inning" has cost them a few games lately.

Those were great surprises, but two games proves my point more than yours. The only consistency has been consistently bad.

Paxton has been the only decent pitcher. Maybe LeBlanc will continue to surprise?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":32tdfjxl said:
Uncle Si":32tdfjxl said:
TransGenderHawkFan":32tdfjxl said:

Those were great surprises, but two games proves my point more than yours. The only consistency has been consistently bad.

Paxton has been the only decent pitcher. Maybe LeBlanc will continue to surprise?

It's not "that bad" (I don't talk baseball much, so could be off here)

Seattle's team ERA is 10th in the AL, 7th in Runs allowed and 1/2 a run from 5th. They are 5th in BBs, 5th in Ks and 9th in Batting Average. They are 11th in quality starts (only 14) and first in Saves.... Pitching is 5/6 in Total bases, Hits, Doubles and HRs. Therein probably lies the problem

They are 7th in total offense.

They have the 5th best record in the AL. I'd say this team's strengths are its bullpen, defense and offense. Starting pitching is 10th, just below league average.

They are consistently mediocre, hurt by the big inning, typically from the starter, like last night and much of the detroit series. They need a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher and could be special.

Do they need to replace Cano though? is the offense sustainable without him?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Am I the one who doesn't know how people are legitimately claiming interference in the 9th? Maybe people are just emotional about the Cano thing but the batter ran in foul territory past the bag and didn't swerve in front of Diaz or anything like that... Diaz was just slow to react and they made a brain fart forgetting about the runner until it was too late

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
The pitching is bad. The era last i looked was 24th in the mlb. Uncle si you said 10th in era in the AL which is out of 15 teams.

The hitting is top 10 and pitching is bottom 10. It really reminds me of the 1990s Seattle Mariners. Juan is turned into Bobby Ayala. Hopefully paxton turns into randy. Lol

Im sad about cano. He seems like a good guy and honestly ped use bothered me more when i was younger but as a adult im not dumb to think most took something at least once as they grew up.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Uncle Si":d7dmhfvw said:
TransGenderHawkFan":d7dmhfvw said:
Uncle Si":d7dmhfvw said:
TransGenderHawkFan":d7dmhfvw said:

It's not "that bad" (I don't talk baseball much, so could be off here)

Seattle's team ERA is 10th in the AL, 7th in Runs allowed and 1/2 a run from 5th. They are 5th in BBs, 5th in Ks and 9th in Batting Average. They are 11th in quality starts (only 14) and first in Saves.... Pitching is 5/6 in Total bases, Hits, Doubles and HRs. Therein probably lies the problem

They are 7th in total offense.

They have the 5th best record in the AL. I'd say this team's strengths are its bullpen, defense and offense. Starting pitching is 10th, just below league average.

They are consistently mediocre, hurt by the big inning, typically from the starter, like last night and much of the detroit series. They need a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher and could be special.

Do they need to replace Cano though? is the offense sustainable without him?

Yes the starting pitching is the downfall. We have some good bullpen guys but also some crappy bullpen guys. The question about cano is more on his leadership. I think this yrs offense is very good even without him. I think the leadership is what they will miss.

Positive notes:

The mariners now get $12 million more to spend this yr. The other one is what a job by the boys to fight back after the news broke.