2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2lyijhah said:
DJrmb":2lyijhah said:
Haniger was hit by a pitch on the wrist. X-ray's came back negative so he's going to be day to day.

I for one am sick of teams pitching inside on us so comfortably and hitting our guys. How many times do we have to lose guys like Cruz and Haniger before they grow a pair and start punishing teams with a little baseball justice?

We beaned a player the next inning.
Yeah, and he came around to score.

Oops. :laugh:

Helluva game, though.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":hcasybtm said:
DJrmb":hcasybtm said:
Haniger was hit by a pitch on the wrist. X-ray's came back negative so he's going to be day to day.

I for one am sick of teams pitching inside on us so comfortably and hitting our guys. How many times do we have to lose guys like Cruz and Haniger before they grow a pair and start punishing teams with a little baseball justice?

I missed that, was it specifically in response to Haniger getting hit though or was it just coincidence?

Also Lucroy totally blocked the plate and risked seriously injuring Segura on the play at the plate. I agree with Mike Salk on the radio this morning that he should be hit on his first at bat today...

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
DJrmb":2sc6przq said:
Shanegotyou11":2sc6przq said:
DJrmb":2sc6przq said:

I missed that, was it specifically in response to Haniger getting hit though or was it just coincidence?

Also Lucroy totally blocked the plate and risked seriously injuring Segura on the play at the plate. I agree with Mike Salk on the radio this morning that he should be hit on his first at bat today...

It was on purpose. He got two outs and beaned dude in ribs.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":3ls3lhft said:
Shanegotyou11":3ls3lhft said:
DJrmb":3ls3lhft said:

Yeah, and he came around to score.

Oops. :laugh:

Helluva game, though.

Lol yea but i liked it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":23vpfoup said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/status/999382915099213824[/tweet]
Huh?Where else would they play if not Safeco?It was built for baseball..

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3ng1avqu said:
KitsapGuy":3ng1avqu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/status/999382915099213824[/tweet]
Huh?Where else would they play if not Safeco?It was built for baseball..

I think Seattle has such bad PTSD from the Sonics leaving that even re-upping on a lease is a big deal. :lol:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Oakland was hot and played well against both Boston and NY and M's just took the series. Let's go baby

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":lsjmbg5s said:
Oakland was hot and played well against both Boston and NY and M's just took the series. Let's go baby
And you have just redeemed yourself!
At least for one post.. :lol: Seriously though-It is very nice to see the M's win
with all the trials and tribulations they have gone through the past two weeks.
Marco seems like another prized pickup that nobody saw besides the GM.
I just wish he could draft all the players himself because the guy can see
things in players that they themselves cannot.
I won't be hard on his trades because he has been damn good at it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Not sure how confident I feel in LeBlanc and Gonzales going foward but they have been great there last few start. Hopefully we can score some runs tomorrow and Felix can have a good outing, he's due for a quality start and seems like he usually pitches well against Oakland.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As much as people get on management for their mistakes, Dipoto deserves some real credit for some of the things he has done. The Walker trade is CLEARLY a win for the M's, even if at the time it didn't seem like it. Adding Gordon was a damn good move. Gonzalez is looking like a solid move as well.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Good win. Ms could of had 4 runs but Oakland's defense was super nice minus the error that allowed the only run.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hitting in the double play w/the bases juiced, ugh. Wasn't surprised one bit. No reason for him to even be in there in that situation. Loved seeing the RF in his first ever game. And at 28, long journey.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Originally I thought starting pitching is where this team needed to focus in any trades to bolster the team. However, I'm thinking that may not be the best approach now.

You are not DFA'ing Felix or Leak, they are on this team unless they get injured. Paxton of course is your ace and isn't going anywhere. That leaves 2 possible spots to add a starter and probably not even that really...

Marco has shown that he is at minimum a major league pitcher and has flashed at times really quality stuff. No way you are DFA'ing him just to add a rental for this year (Marco Gonzalez is out of options so you can not send him down without losing him).

That leaves the last SP spot. LeBlanc is nothing special but has that veteran savvy about him. He'll get knocked around I'm sure sometime but for the most part he's keeping you in most games. Plus at some point you'll have Erasmo coming back. When he does I'm guessing one of those guys will be long relief out of the BP and the other remains the starter. Possibly being used a lot in tandem?

I don't really see anywhere to add another starting pitcher unless you're able to trade one of your current starters in the deal and upgrade... It's seeming like the best way to boost this team in the trade market is going to be with a position player/bat. I know that eventually you have Cano coming back which complicates things for a few games but you have to plan for not having him in any kind of playoff run. So, ultimately I think it's best just to plan like you don't have him at all this season. I personally don't have much confidence in Gamel's bat either. I'd be much more comfortable with him as the 4th outfielder with Heredia and Haniger manning the corner outfield positions and maybe an Adam Jones at CF. The biggest problem I have with that is not having enough left handed bats though.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
The Mariners candidate to have a one inning starter? Felix. Guy is trash in the first inning and a mid 3 era after the 1st.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Once again Felix struggles early. I think during the broadcast they said that coming into this game 11 of his 34 runs given up have come in the first inning.