2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Atradees

Reaction score
interesting....we saved 11 million with the Cano suspension and got 4.75 million from the Rays. The acquisition cost 13.75 million. Sounds like shrewd moves with the budget by the FO. The aging outfeilder can become a free agent while we have some years of control over the pitcher.

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's might be the toughest team in the league. They just keep battling through injuries (and suspensions) and winning close games.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Crizilla":3mxuhc2g said:
M's might be the toughest team in the league. They just keep battling through injuries (and suspensions) and winning close games.

Agree

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
The mariners lead the league in one run victories with 18 or 19, I believe. Have yet to be defeated in extras as well.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
What they're doing is impressive. I never would've thought their pitching would be their strength. For as much as the bats have underwhelmed, the pitching has carried them for a while now. It's encouraging.

And the trade, I kinda like it. It was obvious that Andrew Moore most likely never would have been a solid rotation guy. I could be wrong. But he just never really flashed anything to suggest otherwise. Kind of like Chase De Jong (how is he even still on the 40 man roster?). I'm excited to see what Colome will bring. More so than Span. I wonder if what the reports are saying are true, about him taking over LF. I hope Gamel stays and Span is the 4th outfielder. Gamel has worked hard to get to this point, and he's getting back into his groove after missing time. Span hasn't earned anything here.

I really hope they can find a taker for Seager. He's hurting this team so much at the plate. He's just an awful hitter. Why won't he ever adjust to the shift? He's a $100 million man, hitting sub .220. Unacceptable. It's time to move on.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Our record in one win games tells me our bullpen has been great.

The starting pitching has surprised everyone. It is just a question of whether they can continue this. I have a hard time imagining LeBlanc being this great the rest of the season, but we will see. Marco has really settled in and that trade is looking great. If the team adds a starting pitcher will the team have the boldness to move Felix out of the rotation?

sutz

Reaction score
Wow! Seagar and Healy come through in the 8th. Colome in for the save. 3 up, 3 down.

3-1 M's. Sweeps the Twinkies. :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":24t2elsd said:
Wow! Seagar and Healy come through in the 8th. Colome in for the save.
Nice win!!! Colome comes in and gets the save. He’s great “closer insurance” who can close and a great 8th inning guy.

sutz

Reaction score
And the Indians beat the 'Stros so M's only one game back. :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Post game they said Segura passed the concussion protocol, so I guess he's day to day. :irishdrinkers:

A lot more moves today, but with Segura OK, maybe no more in the offing. They DFA's Motter. I know some folks will say good deal, but I like the kid. But our roster problems have gone beyond the 25 and are hitting the 40 now. Freitas went down, and Herrmann came up to catch. Did a pretty good job today for just walking in and grabbing a mitt. I have to say that Romine and Beckham are covering the defense fairly well. Still struggling at the plate, though. Somehow they just keep scratching out wins. Good practice for the stretch drive.

Now, if we could just learn how to beat the 'Stros. :Dunno:

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1xva7rpq said:
Is this really happening?

Honestly im enjoying the ride right now.

It is real and I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another starting pitcher as well.

sutz

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2mld81a4 said:
Shanegotyou11":2mld81a4 said:

It is real and I wouldn't be surprised to see them add another starting pitcher as well.
The good thing about making that move this early is that there is still plenty of time to line up more deals before the deadline. Looks like they really are "all in" this year and it is good to see. The team has a pretty solid base, Another addition or two could push us over the top.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thought I saw it in real time but wasn’t sure but replay confirmed it. The twins left fielder to a horrible route to the ball that Healy hit on the double, he should have been able to cut that ball off and save his team a run. Bad for them, good for us as insurance runs are always welcome.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":2ux3ayb3 said:
Shanegotyou11":2ux3ayb3 said:

That’s actually quite likely if Seattle stays this hot.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Glad to see the Stros playing the Yanks while were playing Texas.. gotta get these wins against these mediocre teams.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":394zg10y said:
TransGenderHawkFan":394zg10y said:
Shanegotyou11":394zg10y said:

The good thing about making that move this early is that there is still plenty of time to line up more deals before the deadline. Looks like they really are "all in" this year and it is good to see. The team has a pretty solid base, Another addition or two could push us over the top.

Exactly. Safeco was buzzing today.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1g05opjv said:
Glad to see the Stros playing the Yanks while were playing Texas.. gotta get these wins against these mediocre teams.

Honestly most "good" teams are just over .500 give or take vs other "good" teams but good teams beat up on the scrubs.

Mariners are 13-9 i believe vs teams over .500 and 19-11 vs sub .500 teams.