2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
This team, man. Wow. Between Zunino getting the Gatorade bath at home plate last night and Healy's clutch RBI double today, I am in baseball highlight heaven. Diving catches, clutch double plays, towering home run blasts, some great pitching in close games... We are truly getting it all.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
sutz":qnhjxhfb said:
Post game they said Segura passed the concussion protocol, so I guess he's day to day. :irishdrinkers:

A lot more moves today, but with Segura OK, maybe no more in the offing. They DFA's Motter. I know some folks will say good deal, but I like the kid. But our roster problems have gone beyond the 25 and are hitting the 40 now. Freitas went down, and Herrmann came up to catch. Did a pretty good job today for just walking in and grabbing a mitt. I have to say that Romine and Beckham are covering the defense fairly well. Still struggling at the plate, though. Somehow they just keep scratching out wins. Good practice for the stretch drive.

Now, if we could just learn how to beat the 'Stros. :Dunno:

Im struggling to figure out why Romine is in the lineup over Motter.

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3g60zn5i said:
sutz":3g60zn5i said:
Post game they said Segura passed the concussion protocol, so I guess he's day to day. :irishdrinkers:

A lot more moves today, but with Segura OK, maybe no more in the offing. They DFA's Motter. I know some folks will say good deal, but I like the kid. But our roster problems have gone beyond the 25 and are hitting the 40 now. Freitas went down, and Herrmann came up to catch. Did a pretty good job today for just walking in and grabbing a mitt. I have to say that Romine and Beckham are covering the defense fairly well. Still struggling at the plate, though. Somehow they just keep scratching out wins. Good practice for the stretch drive.

Mainly because he's a switch hitter, I think.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1papgoxa said:
Thought I saw it in real time but wasn’t sure but replay confirmed it. The twins left fielder to a horrible route to the ball that Healy hit on the double, he should have been able to cut that ball off and save his team a run. Bad for them, good for us as insurance runs are always welcome.
Actually, they were playing a bit shallow because there was a man on 2d. Wanted to be able to cut off the run at the plate. Healy just hit it by him. That was a rocket he hit.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
sutz":31y9kcah said:
XxXdragonXxX":31y9kcah said:
sutz":31y9kcah said:

What good is a switch hitter that cant get a hit either way?

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":34tlgvq1 said:
sutz":34tlgvq1 said:
XxXdragonXxX":34tlgvq1 said:
sutz":34tlgvq1 said:

What good is a switch hitter that cant get a hit either way?
In fairness, Motter wasn't hitting either when we sent him down last time. I like the kid, but even I can admit that after a brief time early last season, he wasn't hitting at all. He was a dead pull hitter, but once the scouting report went out to not pitch him inside, his BA dropped below the Medoza line almost immediately. Romine is a swiss army knife in the field and can play D anywhere. Add in the switch hitter thing and he's more useful than Motter.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2ri1s3wn said:
sutz":2ri1s3wn said:

Because Motter is not good. That and he was DFA'd.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It looks like a two man race for the wild card between us and the Angels.

I'll ask this question again, if we do add another starting pitcher, who is the odd man out of the rotation? I'll be pissed if they move on from LeBlanc if he continues to pitch well just because Felix has the name recognition and LeBlanc doesn't. All I ask of the M's is that they make the right decision, not the PR decision like playing Ichiro over Heredia to start the season.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":7fxnqfxi said:
Sports Hernia":7fxnqfxi said:
Thought I saw it in real time but wasn’t sure but replay confirmed it. The twins left fielder to a horrible route to the ball that Healy hit on the double, he should have been able to cut that ball off and save his team a run. Bad for them, good for us as insurance runs are always welcome.
Actually, they were playing a bit shallow because there was a man on 2d. Wanted to be able to cut off the run at the plate. Healy just hit it by him. That was a rocket he hit.
That is true, but it was a horrible route still, and a horrible effort.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":f83tshqn said:

I'll ask this question again, if we do add another starting pitcher, who is the odd man out of the rotation? I'll be pissed if they move on from LeBlanc if he continues to pitch well just because Felix has the name recognition and LeBlanc doesn't. All I ask of the M's is that they make the right decision, not the PR decision like playing Ichiro over Heredia to start the season.
Either they go the PR route, or the fake injury route which is often done with struggling pitchers to give him and the coaching staff time to figure it out.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoreyBrockMLB/status/1001196350212468736[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenSEA/status/1001196678962032640[/tweet]

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Interesting...

"In the past two weeks, the Mariners’ starting pitchers – Felix Hernandez, James Paxton, Wade LeBlanc, Christian Bergman (one start), Mike Leake and Marco Gonzales – have allowed 27 earned run in 130 2/3 innings for a 1.86 ERA. That’s the best in the major leagues.

Yes, their starting pitchers have collectively been the best in the majors since May 14."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... 79874.html

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":36u1e94n said:
Interesting...

"In the past two weeks, the Mariners’ starting pitchers – Felix Hernandez, James Paxton, Wade LeBlanc, Christian Bergman (one start), Mike Leake and Marco Gonzales – have allowed 27 earned run in 130 2/3 innings for a 1.86 ERA. That’s the best in the major leagues.

Yes, their starting pitchers have collectively been the best in the majors since May 14."

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/ml ... 79874.html

Nice win today. This team has some grit. Felix has probably given up most of the 27 runs the past two weeks. He's been arguably the worst pitcher (starting) thus far for the Mariners this season.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3tawfxrf said:
No way to I agree with that. We're one game back of the Astros, with billions of injuries plaguing us. The AL West is there for the taking.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another day another 1 run game. Had a great time at the stadium yesterday. This team is flat out different. Getting it done over and over again. Minus some major offensive pop. Colome' was a hell of a pick up, SO much better than NOcasio