2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":32t7dowb said:
Is LeBlanc the real deal? I keep waiting for him to regress but he hasn't. I think they just said he has now retired the last 17 batters.

He was making one of the best hitting teams in baseball look completely silly at the plate, with 75 mile per hour changeups. Laser tight command, really knew where he was putting that ball every single pitch.

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":swg12nna said:
We are scaring the Astros so much they went on a 10 game win streak
Well, nothing we can do about that except try to keep up until we play them again.

Great game, and a great win on national TV! Maybe that'll help some of the guys with the all-star voting. ;)

Great effort by Wade, but Servais made the right move by pulling him in the 8th. Colome and Diaz for the finish.

Maulbert

Reaction score
sutz":2jyp94lw said:
Crizilla":2jyp94lw said:
Well, nothing we can do about that except try to keep up until we play them again.

Great game, and a great win on national TV! Maybe that'll help some of the guys with the all-star voting. ;)

Great effort by Marco, but Servais made the right move by pulling him in the 8th. Colome and Diaz for the finish.

Not Marco Gonzalez, it was Wade LeBlanc.

sutz

Reaction score
Maulbert":f4kcz74x said:
sutz":f4kcz74x said:
Crizilla":f4kcz74x said:

Great effort by Marco, but Servais made the right move by pulling him in the 8th. Colome and Diaz for the finish.

Not Marco Gonzalez, it was Wade LeBlanc.
:34853_doh: Ooops. My bad. :179419: :laugh:

Great game, anyway.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
LeBlanc is starting to remind me a lot of Jamie Moyer.

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1hb7vpp5 said:
Lot of similarities. Leftie, throws a lot of off-speed stuff. Pin-point accuracy. Mixes his pitches well. Generally maintains his poise and keeps emotions from affecting his throws. Liking what I'm seeing.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1zhaj7gh said:
LeBlanc just shut down one of the league’s best offenses with that gem yesterday.
Not bad for a guy that was picked up off the scrap heep.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Take 2 out of 3 from the Skanks and yesterday’s clunker will be long since forgotten.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of a disappointing end to a good home stand. But 5-2 ain't hay. Tough 6 games coming in NY and Boston. You'd think we could take at least 3 from Baltimore. We're better off than anybody I remember predicting back in Mar/Apr.

:irishdrinkers:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Apparently we are showing interest in JA Happ.

I don't think he is the starting pitcher that would put us over the top, but would definitely help the rotation. If we acquire him, I think it would be pretty obvious that Felix would get bumped out the rotation. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think we still need a 1B type pitcher to Paxton's 1A. Just not sure we got the pieces to trade for that type of pitcher.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1a7w26np said:
Apparently we are showing interest in JA Happ.

I don't think he is the starting pitcher that would put us over the top, but would definitely help the rotation. If we acquire him, I think it would be pretty obvious that Felix would get bumped out the rotation. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think we still need a 1B type pitcher to Paxton's 1A. Just not sure we got the pieces to trade for that type of pitcher.

Watch us take out Leake instead. Honestly it doesn’t seem like it would be a huge difference between Leake and Felix anyways

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the Astro's, holy hell. They are ridiculous good. As much as I'm digging this season, I see us as a wild card, and I'm plenty ok with that after 17 flippen years :2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Leake belongs in the rotation. Prior to yesterdays game he has been on a great run since the beginning of May. Leake is a really solid pitcher and has been around the league a while. If anyone should go, it should be Felix.

It's really too bad about the AL. There is a great chance four teams from the AL will have over 100 wins, and it's not like the Indians are a team to be taken lightly in October. The NL looks like the East of the NBA right now, a bunch of good but not great teams. If the M's were in the NL they'd like the the #1 seed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Found this little gem:

Seattle owns a team ERA of 3.86 and left-hander Marco Gonzales, who starts the opener, has been its hottest pitcher. He is 4-0 with a 1.41 ERA in his last six starts. During those outings, hitters are batting .204 against him.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I wonder if the M's could somehow deal for Degrom. Not sure they have the funds or players the Mets would want.. they can have Cano.. back to NY :)