Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
A much needed win. We were hanging on for dear life though for the last 15 minutes. Waylon Francis especially had a bit of a nightmare. Thank god for Stefan Frei.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
As bad as the first team has been this year, the Sounders Academy U17 team just won the US Soccer Development Academy National Title yesterday, beating the defending champion Atlanta United Academy U17s 5-1 in the final.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
On the off chance any of you knuckleheads travel with the squad, I’ll be at the Aug 5 game vs MN United.

I’ll buy ya a beer.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ruidiaz is in Atlanta, which means he should be good to go for the match this weekend.

Tough road match, we need all the help we can get.

Dh Wx bU8AA2ENo

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":186rz9qg said:
Ruidiaz is in Atlanta, which means he should be good to go for the match this weekend.

Tough road match, we need all the help we can get.

Dh Wx bU8AA2ENo
If he plays, it'll be off the bench.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Good game today. Pretty chippy.

We played well first half, a bit too defensive in the 2nd. Thought Lodeiro was great and really pissed off atlanta. I still dont rate mccrary, wtf was he thinking diving in like that on a yellow. Atlanta were lucky to have 11 on the field.

I wish schmetzer had went for it instead of bringing on ozzy. I get a point at atlanta is good but we need wins at this point and you have a dp forward on the bench.

Does keith costigan only do national broadcasts now? I see matt johnson has been doing it more...which is fine but nowhere near arlo white standard.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Down a man for 25 minutes I don’t think you can “go for it” especially on the road and against the leagues best team who was in control 2nd half.

Frei did the work after his error. Saved the point.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":xrykl42k said:
Down a man for 25 minutes I don’t think you can “go for it” especially on the road and against the leagues best team who was in control 2nd half.

Frei did the work after his error. Saved the point.

Defend by attacking. We were really lucky to hold on in those last few minutes.

It was good for VAR to go our way for once. If Dempsey had thrown that elbow earlier in the game though for us tjat the atlanta player got carded on, its a red.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Five points out of nine on a 3 game trip, I'll take it. Hopefully Ruidiaz will provide the offensive spark to give the fans hope for next year. Seven of Seattle's nine losses have been by one goal. Imagine where they'd be if they'd had a bonified offensive threat for the whole season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MN United on a bit of a tear of late.

Just a point from 8th. 2 quality international signings have kicked them on

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":35k4pk6k said:
Seattle is waiving Magnus Wolff Eikrem to free up an international roster spot.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2018/7/1 ... d-sounders

So strange. He looked a player on his CCL debut. He then barely played. When he did play, I dunno...he didn't do that great, I didn't see the hype.

I know some people were desperate for him to play, possibly because of the whole being Norwegian thing. He would have still have been better to play than the likes of Bwana though. His salary was all guaranteed too. Wonder if he wasn't clicking with the coach.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":k48eyacz said:
SeatownJay":k48eyacz said:
Seattle is waiving Magnus Wolff Eikrem to free up an international roster spot.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2018/7/1 ... d-sounders

So strange. He looked a player on his CCL debut. He then barely played. When he did play, I dunno...he didn't do that great, I didn't see the hype.

I know some people were desperate for him to play, possibly because of the whole being Norwegian thing. He would have still have been better to play than the likes of Bwana though. His salary was all guaranteed too. Wonder if he wasn't clicking with the coach.

I guess the good news is we're opening up an international spot hopefully being filled by a winger signing....................SOON.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wish they would find a way to dump Dempsey. The team seems to do better without him.

Is Roman Torres ever going to play for the Sounders again? He's been virtually non-existent this season. Yes, I know he was on the WC team for Panama but they exited that early and he still hasn't shown up. What gives?

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
hawkfan68":mfxj2al4 said:
Is Roman Torres ever going to play for the Sounders again? He's been virtually non-existent this season. Yes, I know he was on the WC team for Panama but they exited that early and he still hasn't shown up. What gives?
He's injured. Again.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle run their unbeaten streak to 4 games with a much needed 2-0 home win over Vancouver. Ruidiaz made his debut off the bench and showed what Seattle has been lacking all season, pace to get behind the opposition back 4.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The swagger and confidence was back today. :)

Tough schedule ahead though, keep grinding out results and we can start looking at the table again.