2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":12t5uq5t said:
Atradees":12t5uq5t said:
Segura wins the all star game. Fun.

Or Diaz loses them the game. If Votto just caught that foul ball there would be no Segura home run.

So? Votto didn't catch the foul ball and Segura did hit that home run.

There are probably a thousand times over the course of a season where you could say if only some guy had just made some play then some other thing wouldn't have happened.

If Diaz just didn't give up that home run in the 9th, he would have gotten the save and Segura would have been MVP. See? Just like that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":1eflvos1 said:
Hawk-Lock":1eflvos1 said:
Atradees":1eflvos1 said:

Or Diaz loses them the game. If Votto just caught that foul ball there would be no Segura home run.

There are probably a thousand times over the course of a season where you could say if only some guy had just made some play then some other thing wouldn't have happened.

If Diaz just didn't give up that home run in the 9th, he would have gotten the save and Segura would have been MVP. See? Just like that.

I wasn’t saying Segura got lucky, I just stayed a fact. Votto dropped a foul ball and then Segura hit a HR. All I meant was that Votto was probably kicking himself after the home run.

Segura should have won MVP, but I honestly don’t really care because it is an AS game.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3iue1oln said:
Chapow":3iue1oln said:
Hawk-Lock":3iue1oln said:
Atradees":3iue1oln said:

I wasn’t saying Segura got lucky, I just stayed a fact. Votto dropped a foul ball and then Segura hit a HR. All I meant was that Votto was probably kicking himself after the home run.

Segura should have won MVP, but I honestly don’t really care because it is an AS game.

It just sounded like you were trying to discount his HR because Votto didn't make a play. Yeah, Votto should have caught that foul ball. He didn't. Segura made them pay. Segura deserves the same amount of credit for coming up with a huge 3 run HR regardless of what happened before that. Votto not making a play doesn't diminish what Segura did.

And yeah, Segura definitely got snubbed for the MVP.

Bregman went 1 for 3 with 1 HR, 1 RBI, scored 1 run and had 1 strikeout.

Segura went 2 for 2 with 1 single, 1 HR, 3RBI, scored 2 runs and didn't have an out.

Not to mention it wasn't Bregman that hit the game winning HR. Bregman hit the go ahead HR, but Springer hit the game winning HR. The NL scored in the bottom of the 10th.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kyle Seager is the most expendable and I think Cano can play 3rd when he’s back. If I was Dipoto, I’d look to move Seager for some pitching help. If the Rockies can dominate the M’s, then the M’s have a lot of work to do to be postseason ready. Rockies proved good pitching can shut down good hitting.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not a hater just think he mismanages the bullpen too frequently for my tastes. That is fixable however.

Nice game by Wade. Giving me Moyer flashbacks which is a good thing.

Diaz back on track. Good win.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jp99cbn said:
Not a hater just think he mismanages the bullpen too frequently for my tastes. That is fixable however.

Nice game by Wade. Giving me Moyer flashbacks which is a good thing.

Diaz back on track. Good win.
Well, his first year is kind of a throwaway, though they did almost make the playoffs. 2016, they went through what? 40 some pitchers? 17 different starters? I'd argue he hasn't had a lot to work with so far.

Now, I won't agure against adding bullpen help, they've been a little shaky, it's true. Diaz seemed to have gotten over the shakes that hit him at the AS game. He looked pretty good last night, although he gave up a walk. Probably a good idea after he got behind in the count, instead of risking grooving a fast ball against a power hitter. Other than that, he was his normal self, dominant.

There have been some comparing LeBlanc to Moyer. The announcers even said that last night. Similar styles, low speed, but great control over location and uses his curve and change well. Obviously, he needs to do this for another 6-8 years to compare with Jamie, but he's off to a good start.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I like Dipoto's idea on playing Cano at 1st base when he's eligible to play again. Healy isn't getting the job done right now especially with that low OBP. M's are averaging 1 less run per game since Cano was suspended. You need him in the line up for this last push.

Heredia unfortunately isn't the answer at CF. Might as well keep Gamel out there regularly. He's got better stats across the board.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
sutz":13tl8u5j said:
A little worried about Felix tonight. :pray:
I haven't had the chance to watch many Ms games here on the East Coast. This is the first time I've watched Felix pitch a game in years. He's flat out terrible. This needs to be his last season in a Seattle uniform.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Being 1 hit thru 8 by some no-name!

Time for some ass ripping by the coaching staff. Guys are starting to feel too comfortable.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Pathetic. Can't take advantage against COL or CHI who have some of the worst pitching in the league. 13 games left against HOU, 10 against OAK. Not looking good at the moment.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Crizilla":115px4np said:
Pathetic. Can't take advantage against COL or CHI who have some of the worst pitching in the league. 13 games left against HOU, 10 against OAK. Not looking good at the moment.
Agreed. Somehow we make scrubs look like cy young I DONT GET IT

sutz

Reaction score
Felix continues to have that one bad inning. Earlier in the year, he was having it in the first inning, forcing our bats to try and catch up. Sometimes they did, sometimes not. His last couple of outings, he has delayed it, last night to the 4th inning. He's not a 5 inning/100 pitch guy any more.

Maybe he can learn to transition to being a finesse pitcher, but it's not looking good so far. He seems to drift back into thinking he can throw stuff by hitters, and pays the price for it.

The market doesn't look real good right now, and some of the best arms have already been snatched up. At best, I guess we might be able to pick up some bullpen help, but I'm not convinced that's the biggest problem. Having said that, our two setup guys look pretty sketchy right now.

If we need Cano that badly to score runs, we'll be in trouble in the playoffs if we get there.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
100% agree with the part about Felix thinking he can throw a fastball by hitters anymore. It’s by far his worst pitch, it’s a batting practice quality pitch. The problem with it is there is literally no mph speed separation between that pitch and his offspeed stuff. Hitters are sitting on an offspeed pitch and can still hit the fastball out.

Hitting is all timing.

Crizilla

Reaction score
He leaves his sliders hanging too often, too.

HEALY with a 3 run bomb in the first inning. Maybe Dipoto's decision to give Cano some playing time at first base will light a fire under his arse.

Latest posts