2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Crizilla":2vf186be said:
He leaves his sliders hanging too often, too.

HEALY with a 3 run bomb in the first inning. Maybe Dipoto's decision to give Cano some playing time at first base will light a fire under his arse.

Healy is the whipping boy for mariner fans. He has 19 home runs in the 7 spot. He does great at scooping throws in the dirt to first as well as stretching for them. He is still learning first base. Everyone wants Vogelbach and he sucks every opportunity he has gotten. Healy does slump but i like the guy.

The Oakland A's are looking to haunt us again. Im nervous as can be. We are playing poorly right now and Oakland is cruising. Hopefully we can hold them off and we get hot again and Oakland stumbles.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Why is Nicasio is the game with the tying run at the plate?

Got out of it, odds wise it’s the stupid thing to do! 6+ era and an even worse inherited runners ERA you have to start to wonder if SS is high.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1gdl6moc said:
Why is Nicasio is the game with the tying run at the plate?

Got out of it, odds wise it’s the stupid thing to do! 6+ era and an even worse inherited runners ERA you have to start to wonder if SS is high.
Yeah, that was kinda worrisome. We were one pitch away from being tied. :bitenails:

I guess he needs to work in those situations and get to where he can do what he did today, get out of it. Personally, I def would have left Pazos in there.

Good game overall. Marco came out of the break looking pretty good.

I think I know why Z is in the game, the pitchers really respond to him, though I dont think Nicasio hit Z's spot more than once or twice. :34853_doh:

Nice to see Diaz had to sit down. :mrgreen: He's getting to the point where he is close to being over-used. If the bats come alive to where we only need Sugar 2-3 times a week, that would be helpful for the stretch.

60 wins, 40 losses. Pretty good for the first 100. :2thumbs:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I believe Ms will need 95-97 wins for 2nd WC or 100-101(wow) for the first.

So if your thinking the 2nd Wildcard they must go 35-27 to 37-25 which is doable. If your looking for first wildcard then 40-22 or 41-21 and thats hard to do.

I feel oakland will finish with 94-95 wins. Its gonna come down to head to heads. Oakland got familla who went 2innings today and earned the win.

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":hvamuzpv said:

So if your thinking the 2nd Wildcard they must go 35-27 to 37-25 which is doable. If your looking for first wildcard then 40-22 or 41-21 and thats hard to do.

I feel oakland will finish with 94-95 wins. Its gonna come down to head to heads. Oakland got familla who went 2innings today and earned the win.
Your calculations look to be about right IMO. 62 games left. Trade deadline coming up. Gonna get a real look at how good DiPoto and Servais are. Pulling Marco early was a good move. He's already pitched more innings than ever before in his career. Will have to manage him down the stretch.

Doesn't look like a great year WRT available talent. Jerry's gonna need to do some mining. He doesn't really like rental players, but it looks like we have cash available, especially with Cano missing half of his paychecks. We've been mostly healthy so far (knock wood). Let's hope that continues. :pray:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":1cvbvmsk said:
Shanegotyou11":1cvbvmsk said:

Your calculations look to be about right IMO. 62 games left. Trade deadline coming up. Gonna get a real look at how good DiPoto and Servais are. Pulling Marco early was a good move. He's already pitched more innings than ever before in his career. Will have to manage him down the stretch.

Doesn't look like a great year WRT available talent. Jerry's gonna need to do some mining. He doesn't really like rental players, but it looks like we have cash available, especially with Cano missing half of his paychecks. We've been mostly healthy so far (knock wood). Let's hope that continues. :pray:

If i was jerry and i obviously am not, id go for a SP, RP and a CF. I heard that we are trying for Asbrudal Cabrera(spelling wrong) who is 2B and is batting .282 and 17 homers. Now if that happens i guarantee Dee goes to CF, and cabrera at 2b and cano as a floater.

Heredia with more PT has been pretty bad on O but his D is solid. I think we may trade him, Gamel, and possibly seager. I know seager sounds like a "wtf" but while his d is solid, his O has been killed by the shift.

Im nervous about oakland.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice win today. Healy stole the show today and nice to have Zunino back behind the plate. Marco has clearly slated himself as the #2 on this team. Like others on here mentioned, we need to find a way to scale his innings back, same goes for LeBlanc.

I think you are right that we need about 95 wins to make the WC. I wasn't happy to see the A's trade for Familia, they are obviously going to make a push for the playoffs. With how the A's have ran their franchise in the past, I was hoping they would stand back but that is clearly not the case. Head to head with Oakland will be huge. Second to last series of the season is at home against Oakland, the season could come down to those games.

Not a lot on the market in terms of starting pitching, but we need to add an arm. Even if it is just to take some innings off of the current starters. I've been beating this drum for a while now, but would really like to see the Mariners make a run at Eovladi or Archer. It's also become clear that Heredia is a liability at the plate and if we can upgrade CF, we should make that move.

The team is good but not great. If I had to predict, we play a one game playoff in Boston or NY and the season likely ends there.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I think we match up well with Boston. Ny? Im not sure yet. So vs boston i think we have a shot. Id just like a shot. Thats it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":30wbmcwn said:
I think we match up well with Boston. Ny? Im not sure yet. So vs boston i think we have a shot. Id just like a shot. Thats it.

More concerned with Oakland than any one-offs with NY or Boston

Seattle needs a pitcher

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They desperately need bullpen help. As excited as I was for Colome', he's average at best, and scares the crap out me every time he's out there. And don't get me started on NOcasio. Brutal.
The fact that idiots like The Groz were claiming it was a "done deal" in July is pathetic.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jjaphfm said:
They desperately need bullpen help. As excited as I was for Colome', he's average at best, and scares the crap out me every time he's out there. And don't get me started on NOcasio. Brutal.
The fact that idiots like The Groz were claiming it was a "done deal" in July is pathetic.

You can understand their optimism. The Mariners are still 20 games over .500.

Just so happens the A's are on a ridiculous run at the moment

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Uncle Si":26rbj3k1 said:
Shanegotyou11":26rbj3k1 said:

Seattle needs a pitcher

So am I. I was responding strictly to NY or Boston if made one gamer. Oakland is meshing very well. I think the records i laid out is what we need to get to. Hopefully Oakland stumbles. We need a SP, RP, CF for help.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2800gsan said:

We need a SP and RP and CF.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely. As far as the Groz goes, he has been washed up for years. A done deal, in July? Just a stupid thing to say.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1nnvhafw said:
Shanegotyou11":1nnvhafw said:

Seattle needs a pitcher

NY and Boston Ace >>>>> Seattle's Ace, we basically have minimal chance to win a 1-off.

Oakland is our concern, but seriously, I don't think Oakland maintains, it's a question whether the M's can maintain. It's a huge series coming up..

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Oakland now 2.5 back. SMH. NY is struggling though and lost to TB. So its NY, Ms 3 games back of NY, Oakland 2.5 back of Ms and 5.5 of NY.