2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Paxton is soft imo. That tho wasnt soft. That would hurt any pitcher. Paxton isnt a true ace to me. He is a 1B. He was like 28th best era for a "#1 pitcher".

Ms must win tomorrow.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":szsungtq said:
Getting drilled in the forearm by ball going almost 100 mph makes him a puss? um.............ok
Yeah, easy to say from your couch. :34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That was HUGE. They could have easily swept this series. I like the fight, I just get so tired of them leaving guys on base :D

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
raisethe3":3tafxsnr said:
Should the Astros sweeps the A's? Or should we not care now?

Its who you think we have a better chance passing.

Houston has lock down starting pitching. Oakland has bullpen. I give offense to houston.

I prefer Houston sweeping oakland. I still think Oakland regresses.

sutz

Reaction score
Not worried about 'Stros/A's. Nothing we can do about it. M's dropped the ball in Oakland. I'm glad we won the getaway game, at least, but that was pretty pathetic.

Maybe we need a little Jobu action... :twisted:

[youtube]2RuaDce2WzY[/youtube]

Chapow

Reaction score
sutz":3qdrzftl said:
Not worried about 'Stros/A's. Nothing we can do about it. M's dropped the ball in Oakland. I'm glad we won the getaway game, at least, but that was pretty pathetic.

I guess I don't really see how that was pathetic. The A's have been the best team in baseball over the past 50 games or so, a pretty large sample size, and both games that we lost were by 1 run. It's not like they went down there and just got embarrassed. They were in each of the 3 games until the end and if any little thing goes differently here or there the results could have been different (like for instance our best pitcher not getting knocked out of the game in the 1st inning). Yeah, it's a bummer they didn't get another win, but pathetic? I'm not seeing that at all.

I wonder if A's fans are calling their team pathetic today? They didn't even score a run in 12 full innings yesterday.

On a different note, Dee Gordon has quickly become one of favorite players. The guy has probably the best attitude I've ever seen. Just always having fun out there and you can tell that it's infectious to the other guys in the dugout. I can't remember the last time I've seen a pro team looking like they are having so much fun playing the game. Also doesn't hurt that he's a pretty damn good player.

Go M's!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love Dee, total team guy and he's just out there having fun. And a hell of a player too. On another note, anyone else getting really tired of Seagar choking at the plate?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I'm fine with the results from the Oakland series. They are the hottest team in baseball for well over a month now. We weren't going to go into their house and push them around. We just couldn't afford to get swept.

Mike Leake has quietly become the most consistent pitcher on this team. It seems like nearly every time he takes the mound he gives us a quality start.

Big home stand coming up, hoping we can break even. We just need to try to stay alive during this tough stretch of the schedule. Seven of our final ten games of the season are against the Rangers, need to take advantage of that. We are in the final stretch with only 40 games remaining. I think we probably need at least 93 wins to have a shot at the wild card, which means going 23-17 to finish the season. With how the A's are playing and assuming Houston eventually gets healthy, 95 wins may be more realistic, which would mean going 25-15, not sure how realistic that is though.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3oupzgw1 said:
Yeah I'm fine with the results from the Oakland series. They are the hottest team in baseball for well over a month now. We weren't going to go into their house and push them around. We just couldn't afford to get swept.

Mike Leake has quietly become the most consistent pitcher on this team. It seems like nearly every time he takes the mound he gives us a quality start.

Big home stand coming up, hoping we can break even. We just need to try to stay alive during this tough stretch of the schedule. Seven of our final ten games of the season are against the Rangers, need to take advantage of that. We are in the final stretch with only 40 games remaining. I think we probably need at least 93 wins to have a shot at the wild card, which means going 23-17 to finish the season. With how the A's are playing and assuming Houston eventually gets healthy, 95 wins may be more realistic, which would mean going 25-15, not sure how realistic that is though.

I agree. 95 wins is what we need. I still think Oakland will falter but maybe im wrong.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I'd be delighted with 95 wins. I mean come on, when was the last time we reached 90+ wins in a season?! A very long time if you ask me.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Dodgers up 11-1

M's gave up after that 3rd inning where they failed to score with bases loaded 1 out. It's pathetic seeing 60 and 70 loss teams with more runs scored than the M's. This offense is BAD.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Whenever this team plays an important game at home in front of a big crowd they don’t even show up.