2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2p7nw9p7 said:
It ain't over til it's over.

Why get my hopes up? I slowly died when they lost the 11 game lead. I died even more last night. I died thinking we would be best in NL this yr.

:(

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Andrew Romine pitched a scoreless inning last night-much better than LeBlanc and Bergman. So there's that for positives.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":2bqo7jh7 said:
Wow, Oakland now 1 game behind for the West! Damn.

They just might beat Boston or Houston in the playoffs too. They're that good.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Oakland is hot but I wouldn't be afraid of them in the playoffs. If I could choose any team to play, they'd be my choice. There is definitely something magical about them right now though.

I kind of agree with Shane. It isn't over, but it really is. If that makes sense. We will keep it within striking distance, but this team isn't making up 4 games with less than 40 games to go. We just aren't trending in the right direction, other than the Houston series, this team hasn't played well for well over a month now. Since July, this is the team we all expected before the season started. Innings are now catching up with Marco, which is why they are skipping his Sunday start. LeBlanc is regressing, and Paxton is hurt. If the team can get some momentum and go on a run, sure they can make the wild card, but they are yet to show that. I think there is a better chance of a 3 game slide in the near future than going on a 3 game winning streak. This team team was set up for a race, not a marathon. The entire team looks fatigued, particularly the pitching. I'm not shocked that Cano hasn't created a spark in the team. I've always thought of him as a great player but not a leader. I've always felt like he's here to cash paychecks rather than win.

raisethe3

Reaction score
3 game series with Houston coming up starting Monday. This is going to be a big test.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Down early to LA, 5-0. And they swiped 3 bags. No respect for Elias. And rightfully so. He's atrocious. This team is so depressing

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2034k86k said:
Down early to LA, 5-0. And they swiped 3 bags. No respect for Elias. And rightfully so. He's atrocious. This team is so depressing

Meanwhile, Segura is at home breastfeeding his infant.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Like I said, this team is basically done. Right now our current rotation is Mike Leake, Wade LeBlanc, Elias, Erasamo Ramirez, and Felix Herndadez. Obviously that rotation won’t last long, but that is what we are dealing with. This game was basically lost before it even started based on the pitching matchup, and you can almost say the same about tomorrow’s game.

sutz

Reaction score
How fitting. A 9 pitch bottom of the 9th. :34853_doh:

I got yelled at for calling them pathetic last week. Can we call them that now that they've proven they can't hit big league pitching.

We just got out-scored 27-7 across 3 games. :pukeface:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1i8wmp2j said:

I got yelled at for calling them pathetic last week. Can we call them that now that they've proven they can't hit big league pitching.

Yep, an ugly trend. :vodka:

Chapow

Reaction score
sutz":1wey45dr said:

Yelled at? :roll:

Get a grip. I simply stated that I didn't see how losing 2 of 3 to the hottest team in baseball, by only 1 run, is pathetic. And I absolutely stand by that statement. I don't agree that the series in Oakland last week was pathetic.

Losing 11-1 and 12-1? Yeah, I'd say those were pretty pathetic performances by the M's.

Atradees

Reaction score
Whoever decided Felix was the pitcher tonight needs to go on the unemployment line. This series was uber important.

getnasty

Reaction score
Atradees":3m6natlm said:
Whoever decided Felix was the pitcher tonight needs to go on the unemployment line. This series was uber important.

If he can't be the 7th starter on your staff then he shouldn't be on the team period. Hard to blame Servis for giving him the ball.

sutz

Reaction score
getnasty":36qcfzej said:
Atradees":36qcfzej said:

If he can't be the 7th starter on your staff then he shouldn't be on the team period. Hard to blame Servis for giving him the ball.
5 innings so far, 4 runs. Not a quality start but keeping us in the game. If he can finish 6, it'll at least spare the pen a bit.

sutz

Reaction score
Felix finishes 6 with only 4 runs given up. I can live with that.

Gamel is smoking the ball tonight. :2thumbs: