Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2f2pn0sw said:
Smurf":2f2pn0sw said:
Sgt. Largent":2f2pn0sw said:
Smith was an absolute beast yesterday..........biggest pickup since Lodeiro, and it's not even close.

He's not only stabilized the back line, but added some incredible width and danger to our attack. Fantastic signing.

Absolutely agree. I think he's had a huge impact. I'd say that Kim Kee Hee is turning out to be a monster signing as well. Dude is keeping Roman Torres on the bench.

One thing to keep in mind with Smith is that he is here on a Loan. He is with us through the remainder of the season and the playoffs, but Bournmouth have the ability to recall him in the January window. If they don't, he is here until the Summer window next year. After that we would have to renegotiate for him, and potentially a permanent transfer...the issue is...he is expensive. Unless there are some big Salary Cap changes coming, he is probably out of our price range.

That being said, he appears to love being here, the area, and the fact he's actually getting minutes. So maybe that will help in negotiations.

This is a very rare signing for Garth, who is normally a very long term thinker when it comes to the roster...but Brad Smith is 100% a "Lets win right now" signing.

Don't they have some money now that Dempsey has retired? I wouldn't mind the Sounders giving him the DP spot vacated by Dempsey. That may help keep him permanently in Seattle.

This is only one part of the equation, they'd first have to buy him out of his Bournmouth contract.........and the combo of what that'd cost + a DP salary might be pretty damn cost prohibitive.

Let's hope Bournmouth doesn't call Smith back in and we get to keep him after January at his reasonable salary. This also allows us to use Dempsey's DP spot on another position.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Chad Marshall's red card has been rescinded. He's available for the Vancouver match.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/1037736310289588224[/tweet]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27azomxm said:
hawkfan68":27azomxm said:
Smurf":27azomxm said:
Sgt. Largent":27azomxm said:
Smith was an absolute beast yesterday..........biggest pickup since Lodeiro, and it's not even close.

He's not only stabilized the back line, but added some incredible width and danger to our attack. Fantastic signing.

Absolutely agree. I think he's had a huge impact. I'd say that Kim Kee Hee is turning out to be a monster signing as well. Dude is keeping Roman Torres on the bench.

One thing to keep in mind with Smith is that he is here on a Loan. He is with us through the remainder of the season and the playoffs, but Bournmouth have the ability to recall him in the January window. If they don't, he is here until the Summer window next year. After that we would have to renegotiate for him, and potentially a permanent transfer...the issue is...he is expensive. Unless there are some big Salary Cap changes coming, he is probably out of our price range.

That being said, he appears to love being here, the area, and the fact he's actually getting minutes. So maybe that will help in negotiations.

This is a very rare signing for Garth, who is normally a very long term thinker when it comes to the roster...but Brad Smith is 100% a "Lets win right now" signing.

Don't they have some money now that Dempsey has retired? I wouldn't mind the Sounders giving him the DP spot vacated by Dempsey. That may help keep him permanently in Seattle.

This is only one part of the equation, they'd first have to buy him out of his Bournmouth contract.........and the combo of what that'd cost + a DP salary might be pretty damn cost prohibitive.

Let's hope Bournmouth doesn't call Smith back in and we get to keep him after January at his reasonable salary. This also allows us to use Dempsey's DP spot on another position.

I’m very interested to see what happens with Smith.

He’s showing well abd if it continues and Bournemouth turn a profit (whether it’s selling to Seattle or back to a Championship team) it could be the start of a trend of Premier league players finding loans here.

Good for both parties

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle Wins! Nine straight! They're now in 5th place, only a point behind RSL with 2 games in hand on them.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
If we beat philly and the galaxy the next 2 games, there's every chance we can win out given who is left.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I saw Jordan Morris say he may be back before the end of the season. I doubt it to be honest, especially without a preseason.

I worry he'll have lost some speed after this injury and develop into an MLS average talent rather than the higher expectations people had hoped for.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Stefan Frei...smh. That was a terrible way to end the streak. Hopefully Ruidiaz is not out for a significant time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
One of the more frustrating matches to watch in a long time.

I thought the MLS was done with thuggish no talent clubs just parking the bus, fouling ad nasueum and hoping for a lucky counter. So congrats Philly, your fans must be so proud of that garbage product your club puts on the pitch.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
That sucked, should have been about 3 up in the first 15 minutes. Went a bit flat once Ruidiaz and Marshall got hurt.

Bruin looked rusty, Smith's first touch deserted him at points, didn't think Roldan had the best of games and Rodriguez faded badly second half.

Awful goal to lose, just a loss of concentration but Frei kept us in it earlier in the game and has been solid all year.

Lets go beat LA. Hope to god Ruidiaz is ok, we looked toothless without him.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
MLS talking about eliminating the 3rd DP spot.

They BETTER raise the cap. Would be pissed if they pander to owners who are too cheap to spend money, lack ambition. Don't hold back the likes of the Sounders, Atlanta, Toronto who do spend money.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2w8o9ghx said:
MLS talking about eliminating the 3rd DP spot.

They BETTER raise the cap. Would be pissed if they pander to owners who are too cheap to spend money, lack ambition. Don't hold back the likes of the Sounders, Atlanta, Toronto who do spend money.

I don't understand, cause even if the smaller clubs are complaining about not having the revenue to attract and sign DP's, all you have to do is look at the past 10 years of MLS Cup winners, and there's plenty of smaller market clubs who've won.

Portland
Columbus
Sporting KC
Colorado
RSL
Houston

So yeah, if you take away a DP slot, you better raise the cap 1-2M at least, if not more. MLS rosters are already hard to stock with quality players.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Portland and RSL both lose today so if Seattle can win tomorrow they'll move up to 4th in the standings.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Sounders squandered great chances to move up the table this week. Two straight pathetic outings against Philadelphia and LA Galaxy.

Smurf

Reaction score
Harry Shipp and Brad Smith both out 2-3 weeks with Hamstring Injuries.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Heard Luis Suarez has an offer from MLS. He's been linked to Seattle previously and is close with Lodeiro.

We have a DP spot...

Suarez is a piece of crap as a person but an effin amazing player.

Latest posts