Lavar Ball and the Lakers

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":ygfa6h89 said:
29 pts 11 boards 9 assists
:141847_bnono:

And he let his man get 28 pts, and the lakers D gave up 130 pts to a team Portland just beat by 48.

sdog1981

Reaction score
CPHawk":2n3a5zxp said:
hawksincebirth":2n3a5zxp said:
29 pts 11 boards 9 assists
:141847_bnono:

And he let his man get 28 pts, and the lakers D gave up 130 pts to a team Portland just beat by 48.

Numbers taken out of context have no meaning. Just think of all the worthless triple-doubles that got put up last season by players on two average teams.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Kids playing well.. with pressure on him. Numbers or not..

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He really isn't playing well. He had 29 points against a horrible Suns team, in his other 4 games he has a combined 22 points. He simply can't score. You have to score the ball in the NBA. He is shooting 31% on the season. It's the equivalent of having a great fielding outfielder but he can only hit .200. Take out the PHX game and he is averaging 5.5 ppg, 8 rpg, 8 apg, and 21% from the field. Those are some awful stats.

Personally, I think rebounding is an overall inflated stat for guards. If Lonzo doesn't get those 8 rebounds he's averaging, good chance most of those end up in his teammates hands. He just happens to get to it first. But when he shoots 2-11, that's 9 shots that don't go in. Likely 3-4 of those shots would have gone in if another player was shooting if you go by stats. This is the new age NBA, you need to be able to score the ball. I don't buy the, "oh he's a great passer." You have to be able to do more than pass. Opposing guards can rest on defense when guarding him, think how rested guys like Westbrook and Paul will be when they play him.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/927698659445153792[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/thebiglead/status/927682250937982976[/tweet]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
With today soft defense and raining 3's ..I have no doubt he will be called a star.I feel sorry for all those who never got to see what a real star of the game was.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I retract my earlier statement...

he is NOT playing well.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3v06jju4 said:
Ball is a beautiful passer but he will make the Lakers even slower and worse on defense. Ball and Russell will form the slowest backcourt and worst perimeter defense in the league. On the other hand, his passing is artful and possibly revolutionary. He will maybe get a lot stronger and develop a mid-range game to exploit shorter guards. But for the first three years, he is essentially a young Shaun Livingston. His ego is also fragile and he tends to go into a shell when times get tough. Over time, perhaps Magic Johnson will trade Russell and groom Ball into a good player. I also foresee Ball becoming physically hurt and mentally broken during his rookie season. The criticism from the L.A. media will be intense.

Wow, I totally forgot writing this . . . but it's played out as I originally expected. Magic even traded Russell.

Kyle Kuzma was a steal though. He is way more NBA ready than Ball.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1afa8rt1 said:
hawknation2017":1afa8rt1 said:
Ball is a beautiful passer but he will make the Lakers even slower and worse on defense. Ball and Russell will form the slowest backcourt and worst perimeter defense in the league. On the other hand, his passing is artful and possibly revolutionary. He will maybe get a lot stronger and develop a mid-range game to exploit shorter guards. But for the first three years, he is essentially a young Shaun Livingston. His ego is also fragile and he tends to go into a shell when times get tough. Over time, perhaps Magic Johnson will trade Russell and groom Ball into a good player. I also foresee Ball becoming physically hurt and mentally broken during his rookie season. The criticism from the L.A. media will be intense.

Wow, I totally forgot writing this . . . but it's played out as I originally expected. Magic even traded Russell.

Wow that is spot on.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Lavar and Donald are pretty similar, both speak on impulse. Once Lavar downplayed this whole situation I knew Trump would take the bait.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/932303108146892801[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/932392209445457920[/tweet]

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
That guy is really crazy. But you can't argue that he is a master of marketing. All people talk about is Lavar, Lonzo, the other brothers and Big Baller Brand. So maybe it worked. I think he is making a lot of money off of this. Which leads you to question is it all an act? I think some of it is. But some of it is just Lavar being Lavar. He is a little bit crazy.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1gjjk7jb said:
hawknation2017":1gjjk7jb said:

Except ball was their best defender ..

sdog1981

Reaction score
Worst fears proved correct. Lavar ruined his two other sons chances to make it to the NBA or graduate high school. Lonzo is going to have to fork out a ton of cash to support them.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
sdog1981":3i0ts79b said:
Worst fears proved correct. Lavar ruined his two other sons chances to make it to the NBA or graduate high school. Lonzo is going to have to fork out a ton of cash to support them.

Yea melo will be 6’10 by the time he’s draft eligible , he’s already 6’7 and dunking with ease, they are getting ready to play as Jba USA , they have 28 teams across Europe and China and the Philippines. They are playing tough competition and former g league players, top euro prospects. And 4 year college vets .. this is way above any high school ball melo could be playing.... gelo will make the league next year . Bet

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Why did you post a picture of a non-Ball in a thread about the Balls?