Tiger Tiger Woods y’all

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":k4ag47hc said:
IndyHawk":k4ag47hc said:
TreeRon":k4ag47hc said:
Like I said go play a round with 1950's-60's forged MacGregors (or another club of that era) and then imagine 5'7" 140# Ben Hogan bending shots around trees and playing into 40 mph Texas windstorms.

I urge any of you guys that are really into golf, find some of those old clubs and play with them. At least take them to the range. They will be a test of your prowess. Then take those clubs and an old canvas bag and put them in your den or office and add them to your golf "collection".
My dad had a set of Jacks clubs(ones from golf store) I still have one from
that set..The "white fang"putter..I can't use that style but fun to look at.
I have used old woods and irons..When you hit them the feel is not the same
as these oversized ones today but Jack and Arnold were hitting old style balls
over 300 using the old woods..Imagine what they could have done today in their
primes..Yep this why I say any era..

Nicklaus averaged 276 off the tee, and yes he'd be right there with everyone else today, over 300 yards off the tee.

Again, I'm confused with what you guys are saying. If everyone's using the same technology, I don't get the advantage any one golfer has over another. So to say "well if Nicklaus had the ball and equipment he'd be EVEN better!"

Makes no sense, cause Tiger and every other insanely talented golfer today is using the same tech. There is no advantage.
I'll just say what seperates Tiger/Jack from the rest is simply the mind in high pressure golf...
There are shots that they can/could do that others cannot..One example is Tigers 5 wood
out of a fairway bunker that goes 250 yrds..I'll leave the era equipment out of this.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
And the comeback is complete. Tiger Woods wins the Masters. Again.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Doing his cut shots and playing smart golf gets him the win..
Major #15 and win #81..There is no other Tiger that is for
sure..

D

DomeHawk

IndyHawk":62gmpo3q said:
Doing his cut shots and playing smart golf gets him the win..
Major #15 and win #81..There is no other Tiger that is for
sure..

It really as an example of playing smart and not trying to do too much if you didn't have to.

I got up early and watched the whole thing, a truly fun and entertaining day!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I was disappointed in Tiger, and became less of a fan of his 10 years ago when he went through all his personal problems, all self inflicted................I'm a sucker for a comeback, and honestly I can't think of a greater comeback story then what we witnessed yesterday.

2-3 years ago Tiger was broken man, in every sense of the word, physically, mentally and emotionally. He could barely walk, let alone pick up a gold club.

It's a testament to his insane willpower, work ethic and competitive drive to do what it took to get back to the top and win the Masters.

I do believe in forgiveness, redemption and contrition. I think we saw it on full display yesterday, a man that was on top of the world was humbled in front of the entire planet, grew from it and hopefully changed, and he was rewarded by getting to hug his kids on the 18th green of the Masters just as he hugged his dad 22 years ago.

Amazing.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I always rooted against Tiger because he didn't seem human to me. Then when I read about how human the guy was, that he was prone to the pressures and stresses of the world, that he wasn't this picture perfect dude that could no wrong, I had no choice but to start liking him. Great win for him.

Oh, and hopefully this pushes EA to reacquire the PGA license and start making Tiger Woods video gamed again.