Gonzaga BB - 2018-19

Ruminator

Reaction score
That was a fight! Except for the foul-o-rama, Husky's D is as good if not better than Zags'. They were plenty physical, and they also benefited enormously from an uncanny percentage of shots made, at least it seemed to me. A 13-point lead is really not much against a confident team like the Huskies who have the ability to quickly narrow the deficit. Credit Huskies in successfully keeping the Zags from feeling comfortable for much of the game.

Tical21

Reaction score
I take solace in the fact that the Zags aren't capable of beating us without having to go to Japan to bring in a ringer.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Tical21":2ztql7l4 said:
I take solace in the fact that the Zags aren't capable of beating us without having to go to Japan to bring in a ringer.

Lol and remind me again what the huskies have done in like the last 20 years ??? No title games, a sweet loss to uconn... That's the programs biggest accomplishment ..... Good stuff .

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Tillie and Crandall are back. Will be fun to watch the game tomorrow at SF which is a legit team this year. Probably the best competition in the WCC this year.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Tillie looks rusty which is to be expected. He has about a couple months to get back into the flow of things fortunately. Geno really adds solid defense. Hopefully by tourney time this team is a well oiled machine.
USF does look like the best competitor for the WCC crown this year. Plus they seem to always play us tough on their home court and they have had a whole week off to prepare for the game.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's going to be a while before Tillie is 100% due to the foot injury. I would be surprised to see him at more than 20 minutes in any game until February.

Crandall's defense has been obvious from the get-go. It really sucked have no depth a guard during December.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Great game, USF is a really good team. Frank Ferrari is a legit player. 13 point win but that is misleading. If it wasn't for three straight threes down the stretch by GU USF wins that game.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I know people like to hate on Gonzaga, but just turn on a game and watch Brandon Clarke play. He is so much fun.

Bummer that Tillie is hurt again, but I'm hopeful Petrusev benefits from the extra minutes. He plays like a freshman way too much so he really needs PT if Zags are going to play deep in the tourney.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Well, I know Zags beat LMU 73-55 at home just a few weeks ago, but Thursday's rematch was a surprisingly tough battle for them with a very deceiving final score of 73-60. Felt like a competitive March tournament match-up all four quarters. LMU has two or three big/tall physical players plus a couple very capable lighter-weights like point guard Bateman who was a lot to handle on both ends. LMU deserves their nationally ranked defense, which occasionally succeeded in getting the Zags to screw something up. Zag's experience, confidence, and nerves kept them neck-and-neck and allowed them to finally take control in the waning minutes. Tonight, San Diego!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Too bad about Tillie, could be the difference between winning a national championship.

pmedic920

Reaction score
AP #1
?????

:{)
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... ated-press

GoBulldogs
ab33ff727d6291151dfbc5fdf00e0c91.jpg

HawkGA

Reaction score
Go Zags! My main hope for the tourney is that Marquette ends up in the same bracket as Gonzaga and that they play each other. Wish the Jesuits would do a better job of scheduling each other during the season as that is a match-up I would really enjoy.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
All brackets have GU as a 1 now. It will be interesting if UW gets an 8-9 seed in the west with Gonzaga. I think this a another final four quality team this year but I am not crazy about GU having to play Syracuse or UW in their second game. Few seems to struggle against their zone.
That said I still think the Zags would beat either team.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
ESPN has UW in the West bracket. That would be interesting. Totally agree that UW could cause Gonzaga problems.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags season starts next week. Pretty much how it is for nearly every season. Anything short of an Elite 8 is a failed season.

I think they are the best team in college basketball. I think their main knock going into the dance is that they haven't played any competition for nearly three months.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Norvell was terrible, Perkins was terrible, the refs were terrible. Bad game all around. By far the worst we have played all year.
I still think this team has a great chance to win it all this year.

Latest posts