Womens World Cup

Largent80

Reaction score
US got a pretty good game from Spain. They look to be champs but they are staring straight at France now.

Threedee

Reaction score
Hopefully they don't make any more mental errors like the one that netted Spain its goal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":28j8jtwc said:
At least the usa women are competitive, the men?...laughable.

You needed another thread to continue this conversation you're woefully ignorant about?

Stay on topic and stop trolling.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Threedee":3is7w6dr said:
Hopefully they don't make any more mental errors like the one that netted Spain its goal.

They were mediocre against Spain and got some help from the officials.

Will need to be much better the rest of the way

Threedee

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3q58iy5p said:
Threedee":3q58iy5p said:

Pretty much my reaction. That ticky-tack call which gave s the second goal prevented us from having to salvage the match in ET. Also, you can't concede boneheaded goals against the likes of France, England, and Doucheland.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":pu7eg5fl said:
Largent80":pu7eg5fl said:

You needed another thread to continue this conversation you're woefully ignorant about?

Speaking of ignorant: where is your USA WOMENS thread?

Dang dude why so harsh? Butt Hurt much?...... UMMMM it's MY topic and I'm on it. Do you think you can actually add anything other than insults?

Nobody else started a WOMENS soccer thread. So I did. Deal with it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":32pqk16y said:
Uncle Si":32pqk16y said:
Largent80":32pqk16y said:

Dang dude why so harsh? Butt Hurt much?...... UMMMM it's MY topic and I'm on it. Do you think you can actually add anything other than insults?

He hijacked you...……………...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":38jio6q1 said:
Uncle Si":38jio6q1 said:
Largent80":38jio6q1 said:

Butt hurt about what? You immediately brought up the men's team with the same ignorance you were spouting in that thread. And I did offer something. And called you out for trolling.

Figure it out.

Also.. why would it be ignorant of me to not start a USA women's thread? Do you know what the word means?

Threedee

Reaction score
Largent80":4a80spqs said:
Uncle Si":4a80spqs said:
Largent80":4a80spqs said:

Back in 2011-2012, I was on the "I want to sleep with Hope Solo" wagon. Unfortunately, times change, and no one likes her anymore. Otherwise, I could have easily started a women's thread.

She is also a perfect topic for this site, because, she is married to noted douchebag Jerramy Stevens.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Threedee":1zoqjjx6 said:
Uncle Si":1zoqjjx6 said:
Threedee":1zoqjjx6 said:

Pretty much my reaction. That ticky-tack call which gave s the second goal prevented us from having to salvage the match in ET. Also, you can't concede boneheaded goals against the likes of France, England, and Doucheland.

They looked devoid of ideas and thought they could muscle through. No pace up top slowed down transitions and opportunities to break lines as well.

Found it a strange line up for the tactics deployed (playing from the back and then trying to play behind)

France will shut them down if they come out that way

Threedee

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3dzo52j8 said:
They looked devoid of ideas and thought they could muscle through. No pace up top slowed down transitions and opportunities to break lines as well.

Found it a strange line up for the tactics deployed (playing from the back and then trying to play behind)

I would definitely say that a lineup which doesn't include Carly Lloyd as a starter is not one they intend to use going forward.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Threedee":1ot5yu31 said:
Uncle Si":1ot5yu31 said:

I would definitely say that a lineup which doesn't include Carly Lloyd as a starter is not one they intend to use going forward.

She's sort of a super sub at the moment, but needs to start against France. The bigger issue is Morgan and her injury.

Chapow

Reaction score
Threedee":k95fxftc said:
Uncle Si":k95fxftc said:
Threedee":k95fxftc said:

You guys thought that was a ticky tack call? The Spanish player raked the outside of Lavelle's knee with her studs out. That's a foul. The ref had a very good view of it and made the right call.

If that exact same thing happens anywhere else on the pitch you would expect that to be called, wouldn't you? If it's a foul anywhere else why shouldn't it be called when it happens in the 18 yard box?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":28fyawm9 said:
Threedee":28fyawm9 said:
Uncle Si":28fyawm9 said:
Threedee":28fyawm9 said:

You guys thought that was a ticky tack call? The Spanish player raked the outside of Lavelle's knee with her studs out. That's a foul. The ref had a very good view of it and made the right call.

If that exact same thing happens anywhere else on the pitch you would expect that to be called, wouldn't you? If it's a foul anywhere else why shouldn't it be called when it happens in the 18 yard box?

I didn't say ticky tack.

I didn't see it as "raked" by any means. Felt soft.. and very fortunate.

Not saying it's a bad call, just a fortunate one. Seen refs smirk at those reactions far more often than blowing the whistle

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1nol5d5u said:
Chapow":1nol5d5u said:
Threedee":1nol5d5u said:
Uncle Si":1nol5d5u said:

I didn't say ticky tack.

Not saying it's a bad call, just a fortunate one. Seen refs smirk at those reactions far more often than blowing the whistle

Fair enough. You didn't say ticky tack, Threedee did. What you said was that they got some help from the officials, which to me seems like you are implying that they benefitted from some bad (or ticky tack) calls. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Chapow":3i0v2msh said:
Uncle Si":3i0v2msh said:
Chapow":3i0v2msh said:
Threedee":3i0v2msh said:

I didn't say ticky tack.

Fair enough. You didn't say ticky tack, Threedee did. What you said was that they got some help from the officials, which to me seems like you are implying that they benefitted from some bad (or ticky tack) calls. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought it was a soft call, as I explained.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Would I be ignorant for saying that in spite of the questionable call before the 2nd goal that the US team was being matched?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":369hdh60 said:
Would I be ignorant for saying that in spite of the questionable call before the 2nd goal that the US team was being matched?

You wouldn't be wrong. Spain was,playing the better game, although it was hard to think either team was going to score