Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: EPL 2012-2013
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:30 am 
* NET Starfish *

Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Gate, only you could ruin someone on this board complimenting your team. Christ on a bike (peaches!)

In regards to walcott, I don't know, f---ing google it ffs...

How the fuck did I ruin it? Damn dude you are strict if you think I did.

Just take the compliment and move on, stop trying to dispute rumors or talk your team up more than necessary. ffs....

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 am 
NET Veteran

I took the compliment, Si apparently thinks I ruined it.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:28 am 
NET Veteran

Kind of a lucky point for Arsenal, Southampton is certainly not the same team that got kicked around like ragdolls back in September. Both teams had goals disallowed and the Saints gave Arsenal headaches in defense and threatened to take all 3 multiple times in the last 5-10 minutes. Should have done better in the midfield and it was difficult to get the ball back from them especially in the final 3rd. Should be a confidence boost for Southampton and a tough hit to Arsenal, who need to stop this roller coaster form.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:03 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Gatehawk wrote:
Kind of a lucky point for Arsenal, Southampton is certainly not the same team that got kicked around like ragdolls back in September. Both teams had goals disallowed and the Saints gave Arsenal headaches in defense and threatened to take all 3 multiple times in the last 5-10 minutes. Should have done better in the midfield and it was difficult to get the ball back from them especially in the final 3rd. Should be a confidence boost for Southampton and a tough hit to Arsenal, who need to stop this roller coaster form.

Roller coaster form seems to be the theme for a lot of teams in the PL this season, Gate.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Roller coaster form seems to be the theme for a lot of teams in the PL this season, Gate.

For Arsenal it's a bit of a different kind of Roller Coaster form. most teams are roller coaster in their results, whereas Arsenal just seem to show up as a different team for every single game and appear to win, lose or draw in the most random and baffling of ways.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:27 pm 
NET Veteran

Talksport is reporting that Arsenal's interest of Wilfried Zaha has cooled admist a breakthrough in negotiations with Theo Walcott and that Walcott is set to sign a new deal.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... use-theo-w

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Talksport is reporting that Arsenal's interest of Wilfried Zaha has cooled admist a breakthrough in negotiations with Theo Walcott and that Walcott is set to sign a new deal.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... use-theo-w

Its really strange. I would be surprised if Arsenal meet the wage demands for Walcott but wouldn't for RvP.

But here Wenger is now placating Walcotts positional demands despite its impact on the rest of the line up (not going to argue this with you Gate, Walcott at central striker on Arsenal is not an efficient use of the entire squad, as evident today). But Wenger continues to appease Walcott and may get him resigned. Stange situation all together

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm 
NET Rookie

Far too much Arsenal on this thread

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Storts wrote:

True and point taken.

Spurs are playing well... might be in for Holtby which would bum me as a Liverpool fan. Id like him in with us despite being an Everton fan.

United and City look to be alone in the battle for the top. Chelsea and Spurs for the top 4.

Big night for Liverpool tomorrow .... they all are at this point

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm 
NET Rookie

Uncle Si wrote:
Storts wrote:

True and point taken.

Spurs are playing well... might be in for Holtby which would bum me as a Liverpool fan. Id like him in with us despite being an Everton fan.

United and City look to be alone in the battle for the top. Chelsea and Spurs for the top 4.

Big night for Liverpool tomorrow .... they all are at this point

We are doing what's necessary at the moment yeah, we just have to take it a game at a time and see what happens.

Think it's Uniteds title to lose, could even see City slipping back into the pack a bit. Don't rule Arsenal out either, still expect us to finish below them unfortunately.

Yeah Liverpool need some consistency, a few wins on the trot and who knows, the problem is you seem to get a few nice victories the ruin it with results like Villa and Stoke

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:30 pm 
NET Veteran

Storts wrote:

Blame the other people for not posting in here as often as I do

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:02 pm 
NET Veteran

Liverpool don't have the squad to see off matches like the Villa one yet. The stoke game is another matter. We honesrly need three starters in. Sturridge will be one, borinis return will help. But we can't rely on sterling to shoulder the wing all season. but a true cam, left back and winger are in need. Hoped walcott would fit that role, push sturridge out wide, borini to cf and suarez underneath. Unlikely though.

Would like Holtby.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Liverpool don't have the squad to see off matches like the Villa one yet. The stoke game is another matter. We honesrly need three starters in. Sturridge will be one, borinis return will help. But we can't rely on sterling to shoulder the wing all season. but a true cam, left back and winger are in need. Hoped walcott would fit that role, push sturridge out wide, borini to cf and suarez underneath. Unlikely though.

Would like Holtby.

If the Talksport rumor about Walcott does have any weight then it's highly unlikely, I agree with you there. I do think Holtby would be a great signing for anyone, weather or not he puts aside his love of Everton to play for their rivals is a whole other matter.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm 
NET Veteran

I have, for my sins, listened to a fair amount of Talksport over the last few years. They are good at breaking news but pretty poor at speculating about transfers and deals. I'm not saying that about Walcott getting re-upped at Arsenal necessarily, but , like The Sun and Daily Mail, I wouldn't go placing bets based on their 'sources'.

I haven't managed to the see any football (asides from the Seahawks and a few other NFL games) in the past few weeks but am obviously pleased with Spurs' results. Bring on a mid and a striker in January, be it Moutinho, Erikson, Holtby, Wilian, Leandro.... we need more depth if we're going to keep it up.

Last edited by Hawkspur on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:40 pm 
NET Veteran

Chelsea have triggered Demba Ba's release clause and they are discussing potential terms. Newcastle fans will be gutted.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:49 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
Chelsea have triggered Demba Ba's release clause and they are discussing potential terms. Newcastle fans will be gutted.

Bastards. Liverpool are stupid for not doing this.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 pm 
* NET Starfish *

How do you not love Luis Suarez? Best footballer in the PL by a mile right now.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm 
NET Veteran

While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
While he may possibly be the most talented player in the league he definitely has the most punchable face.

I dunno....You don't think Wayne Rooney could get a dig in the chops?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:

It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:

It's tough to separate them, I admit. Wayne certainly sports a look that invites a slap upside his head.

Suarez does have an annoying face though, I'll give you that. If he played for Man Ure or Everton, I'd likely want to kill him dead. As it stands, he plays for Liverpool and I love him.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Hawkspur wrote:
Speaking of people deserving of physical punishment - suck it Chelsea! Arry will be dining out on this result for weeks. Good job the Queen's park rangers.

My facebook post was as ironic as it was sublime:

'Benitez out!"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:22 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkspur wrote:

Gareth Bale for me...

great result for Liverpool this evening. well played, and Suarez once again dominant. Hitting a nice stretch of form now (just in time for United). taken with Chelsea a great night, could have been better if Everton had dropped points.

peaches, not broken up about Ba. seems a risk for a team in our position. Chelsea can afford the dump if he gets hurt.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:

Gareth Bale for me...

The Monkey God?! With his love heart goal celebration? And his 9.3 dives? What's not to love?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm 
NET Starter

What kind of player is Tom Ince?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 pm 
* NET Starfish *

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:

Was an interesting young prospect and seems to have some ability, but I personally don't rate him as more than a squad player.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
How do you not love Luis Suarez? Best footballer in the PL by a mile right now.

It's hard to disagree, but his reputation is what keeps people from agreeing to the fullest

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 am 
NET Veteran

Suarez has elevated himself to the most dangerous player in the PL and top 4-5 players in the world. "Reputation" is subjective and watching the media start supporting him and recognizing his brilliance, fortitude and strength has been a pleasant reprieve. He starts diving again and its back to 3 months ago. But for now he deserves the credit for overcoming the pressures (and most PL defenses)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
InSuarezWeTrust wrote:

Was an interesting young prospect and seems to have some ability, but I personally don't rate him as more than a squad player.

Ince is a young pacey winger, much in the same mold as Sterling (not as technical) and Assaidi (not as fast). Has a good scoring record with Blackpool. He's a nice squad player. with the addition of Sturridge (which I'm excited about) the resurgence of Downing and the soon returning Borini we have nice depth at the position. Adding Ince let's us give Sterling more breaks and allows us to play Suso in the midfield, where he belongs. Be a good move, and we get 35% off the transfer fee so any proposed fee will be that much less if agreed.

Losing Cole reduces the wage bill considerably for the summer. I think Rodgers is satisfied with the squad adding sturridge and ince. Look for a couple bigger buys this summer, or maybe pre contract for Holtby?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Suarez has elevated himself to the most dangerous player in the PL and top 4-5 players in the world. "Reputation" is subjective and watching the media start supporting him and recognizing his brilliance, fortitude and strength has been a pleasant reprieve. He starts diving again and its back to 3 months ago. But for now he deserves the credit for overcoming the pressures (and most PL defenses)

Suarez is probably the main reason Liverpool isn't in the Relegation battle, he deserves a ton of credit and admiration. But like you side he dives one time and it goes to hell for him. Like Bale, his talent would be recognize a lot more if he didn't dive as much as he has.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 pm 
NET Veteran

Here's the latest installment from everybody's favourite, Alex Ferguson, talking about Fryers' move to Spurs:

"We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."

And just to blow all Spurs fans minds Levy has signed 2 players in the first week of a window! Although Holtby won't be joining til summer, he's coming for free. Good job. Striker next please.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 pm 
NET Veteran

Hawkspur wrote:
Here's the latest installment from everybody's favourite, Alex Ferguson, talking about Fryers' move to Spurs:

"We knew immediately and suspected that he would return to Tottenham in January and that's happened. It's a [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy deal. You know, it's his fingerprints all over it. It's the kind of thing we expected he was going to do."

And just to blow all Spurs fans minds Levy has signed 2 players in the first week of a window! Although Holtby won't be joining til summer, he's coming for free. Good job. Striker next please.

Holtby is a nice player. Wanted him at Liverpool. But 90k a week? That's a lot. Bale has to be on the move to Real no? I mean where does he git into that midfield with Bale? Poor Siggurdsen.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:45 pm 
NET Veteran

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bale off to Madrid in the summer. I'm pretty sure the remuneration would be too enticing for Levy to turn down. Imagine having to defend against Bale and Ronaldo. Nightmare.

90K is a lot. Are you sure about that? Spurs have never paid anyone close to that much. Bale's on 75.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Although I guess if it's a free transfer he may well get a signing on bonus to make his wage average that over 3 or 4 years.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm 
NET Veteran

All I heard for the last month was how Arsenal was planning to be real busy during the January Transfer Window. 4 days in and it seems like half of the players Arsenal were linked with have either moved to other clubs or signed new contracts with their clubs. Wenger and the board better get off their ass and do something positive.

David Villa is supposedly pushing to get a move to Arsenal. I'm a bit skeptical about this but numerous outlets have been talking about this link and each one seems to point to both Arsenal and Villa wanting this to happen.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 am 
NET Veteran

Well what should have been 4 or 5-0 early turns into a clown show for Liverpool, rescued only by Suarez dubious goal. Feel bad for Mansfield. Ref should have supported them there. Don't think even suarez thought it would count. Either way, nice debut for sturridge. Easy to see what he brings. Should have bagged three early and one late, but rusty. I like him though.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:23 pm 
NET Starter

Uncle Si wrote:
Well what should have been 4 or 5-0 early turns into a clown show for Liverpool, rescued only by Suarez dubious goal. Feel bad for Mansfield. Ref should have supported them there. Don't think even suarez thought it would count. Either way, nice debut for sturridge. Easy to see what he brings. Should have bagged three early and one late, but rusty. I like him though.

Agreed. All that matters to me is that we live to fight another day. On to Oldham in round 4!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm 
NET Veteran

I shouldn't be that surprised that we didn't beat Swansea, seeing as in the last 4 meetings, Arsenal's only victory was off of a dumb goalkeeping decision and lucky goal. Still doesn't excuse the fact that Arsenal coughed up the lead that they fought their ass off to get with 3 minutes remaining. They've seriously gotta close down players on set pieces faster if they're gonna keep doing that zonal marking cause Graham was given a century of time and space to use, and at this point we gotta start thinking that anytime Michu gets in the box with the ball, it's gonna be in the goal not long after. As for Arsenal's goals, both were extremely well done, with Gibbs' being the best one of the match.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm 
NET Veteran

This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
This is for ISWT cause I'm interested to know. Exactly how proud are you, in knowing that the only reason that Liverpool don't have a replay with Mansfield is cause a ref totally missed a deliberate handball?

"
Hows your Carling (Capital One) campaign going?

Oh wait....

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 pm 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:

Agreed. All that matters to me is that we live to fight another day. On to Oldham in round 4!

Definately no apologies... we made 8 changes to the team that beat Sunderland, our starting striker hadnt played proper football in 2 months and we started three teenagers not named "Sterling"...

The Cup is a pitfall (see Newcastle) so despite the inglorious goal, Im happy to progress while United have a replay with West Ham to cope with in succession to our match. its not pretty, but done.

Again though, i must say, really impressed with Mansfield. Played the second half with determination, and despite a poor miss by the ref, moved on. Their manager showed a ton of class in the post match interview, congratulating Liverpool and Suarez, and despite the tapping up of the announcers admitted that Suarez was world class and "England is lucky to have him"... ive been on the wrong side of poor officiating, and with far less on the line, and have a hard time turning it. Very impressed.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

"

Oh wait....

Are you ISWT? Last I checked you aren't. And oh yeah, yours went so much better than Arsenal's.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:29 am 
* NET Starfish *

Gate, these things happen. Maradonna's most famous goal came in the World cup off a deliberate handball. Was it Sunderland against us where the ball went in off a beach ball that was thrown onto the pitch and was allowed to stand? I'm sure Arsenal have benefitted from their fair share of controversial or dubious goals.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 am 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Uncle Si wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

"

Oh wait....

Are you ISWT? Last I checked you aren't. And oh yeah, yours went so much better than Arsenal's.

PM him them...

Who did you lose to again?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am 
NET Starter

Gatehawk wrote:

Proud? Not really. Happy that we get to keep playing in the FA cup? Definitely.

You know every team gets screwed eventually, so you might as well celebrate when it benefits you because it won't be long until you're on the other end. It isn't footballers jobs to call fouls on themselves.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am 
NET Veteran

InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
Gatehawk wrote:

Proud? Not really. Happy that we get to keep playing in the FA cup? Definitely.

You know every team gets screwed eventually, so you might as well celebrate when it benefits you because it won't be long until you're on the other end. It isn't footballers jobs to call fouls on themselves.

Dont even bite... noone should question Suarez on this. the fact that others do shows a sense of the inherent racism that permeates the FA, or an unrealized sense of hypocrisy.

Now, i feel Gate's real question is more in regards to the poor second half performance and getting bailed out by the referee. In that, it was a slop fest last 45 and we were very fortunate. Brad Jones showed himself a PL level keeper, but others really struggled. The back 4 looked poor. Carragher is a coach not a 90 minute Cback. Coates needs more minutes. Great to see Jack Robinson again, and he truly understands how to join the attack. But another player who needs more minutes.

Im excited to see Sturridge and Suarez together. Was hoping BR would have let them run for atleast 10 minutes together

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:34 pm 
NET Veteran

Uncle Si wrote:
PM him them...

Who did you lose to again?

I've moved on from that, what's the point in moving forward when you dwell in the past? You guys seem to want me to dwell in something that can't be changed, but it ain't happening. Besides Bradford does deserve to be where they are at, especially with the fact that they didn't back down from a near impossible challenge that they had, and Liverpool came 2 handballs short of being even more embarrassed.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Theo Walcott is now expected to resign with Arsenal on a 5 year, £90,000 a week deal. Numerous outlets are reporting this, from The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, The Guardian, Goal.com to name a couple.

And it also appears that Wesley Sneijder will be turning down the opportunity to play in the EPL and sign with Galatasaray instead.

Aston Villa has joined Wigan and Arsenal as EPL sides to lose to League 2 club Bradford City, the 3-1 result means the Villains have a tough hill to climb if they want to make the Capital One Cup finals when they host The Bantams in the second semifinal leg later this month.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:52 am 
NET Veteran

Gatehawk wrote:
Theo Walcott is now expected to resign with Arsenal on a 5 year, £90,000 a week deal. Numerous outlets are reporting this, from The Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, The Guardian, Goal.com to name a couple.

And it also appears that Wesley Sneijder will be turning down the opportunity to play in the EPL and sign with Galatasaray instead.

Aston Villa has joined Wigan and Arsenal as EPL sides to lose to League 2 club Bradford City, the 3-1 result means the Villains have a tough hill to climb if they want to make the Capital One Cup finals when they host The Bantams in the second semifinal leg later this month.

90K for Walcott? but they couldnt keep Fabregas, Nasri or RvP? ... i like Walcott, would have him on Liverpool. but if Im an Arsenal fan Im still scratching my head as to why they felt obligated to meeting Walcott's demands, but were more than happy to see off better players (Nasri being questionable). Weve opined rather poetically the choices of players to seek trophies over cash, but tbf Fabregas and RvP would still be in North London if Arsenal paid them what they wanted. Oh well, better to have him on squad than not.

Speaking of, interesting articles up on ESPN regarding Ferguson's loss of his futures of late, and Wenger's string of players out on loan and still on the books.

Peaches, ISWT.... Next Gen Liverpool beat up on holders Inter yesterday. Apparently outstanding performances from McLaughlin (heir apparent to Glen Johnson), Ibe (another Sterling), and Yesil (very much a Sturridge type player). Strong games from 16 and 17 year olds like Sinclair, California product Pelosi and debutante Rossiter (Fowler tweeted him the "next Gerrard"). Adorjan struggled a bit, and Conor Coady was his usual self (all according to LFCtv... i didnt watch).

Always interesting to hear our Academy progress (recently hailed as second best in the world to Barcelona's). Love that about our club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 945 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE SPORTS BAR ]