NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker84

Reaction score
can't believe i may actually get to watch the NBA again... that would definitely fell the void during the off season.. i get to watch the Mariners for about 2 weeks before it's evident they suck to high heaven, so the spring/summer for me is pretty much filled up with fishing and golf....

chris98251

Reaction score
Not so fast, KJ is not saying he will have the arena and financeing done by March 1st and that Seattles deal is not finalized and that they are going to push meeting with ownership and relocation commitee earlier then they said before.

Sounds like an attempt to defam or undercut us and make a slick fast deal.

Msfann

Reaction score
I can really respect how hard Kevin Johnson is working to keep the team there but I do wonder how the guy has time to be a mayor and spend so much time on this.

Pstark3

Reaction score
The biggest news so far to come out of All-Star weekend is that David Stern has said Expansion is not an option at this time. He also said that "removing a team from Sacramento is not a good idea. But having a team in Seattle is a good idea."

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":9egl7dzb said:
The biggest news so far to come out of All-Star weekend is that David Stern has said Expansion is not an option at this time. He also said that "removing a team from Sacramento is not a good idea. But having a team in Seattle is a good idea."

Hopefully that was more directed at Sacramento so that they know what to expect when the Kings move.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
"Stern called the ownership group led by Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer "very strong." He also called the proposed Sodo arena "quite strong" and when asked if there is anything more that Seattle can do to ensure that it's in the best position to have a team, answered "not that I'm aware of."

So it's this ^^^ versus Sacramento's bid as "certainly plausible". After saturday everything is still pointing at the Supersonics playing in the Arena next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Heard on the interview when someone asked if both cities could come out of this happy Stern said no, I don't think it's possible. Someone also asked if Bennett on the committee would be a problem and he said something to the effect that he was hoping others involved would let him take somewhat of a back seat and the ownership group could carry it.

Not really sure what that means other then Bennett hoping to not be the focal point somehow.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
My guess is we'll have the rest of the season before we know for sure :-(

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The relocation committee in April is the big next step. I'm not sure if they become the Sonics at that point, but Callabro seems to think that's when we can throw the party.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Doesn't sound too promising for Sacramento

http://t.co/kRc5EaFy

With nearly $2 billion in long-term debt, the city can’t afford to borrow any more money. This is the message that the city treasurer will deliver to the Sacramento City Council at Tuesday’s meeting.

"The city's tapped out," said City Treasurer Russell Fehr, who will be presenting an hour-long report on the topic. "We have very large, long-term liabilities and we have to be very cautious about assuming any new ones. That's the essence of the message."

Throwdown

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought Condotta, and Daniels had the dumbest questions in the whole presser this weekend?

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ac9rwb5 said:
Am I the only one that thought Condotta, and Daniels had the dumbest questions in the whole presser this weekend?

Am I the only one that didn't know there was a presser this weekend??!! :oops: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.