Mariners sign Nelson Cruz

beehawk46

Reaction score
4 years 57 million.

A lot of dough but got some legitimate pop at RF and DH. Now let's get someon servicable at 1B.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What a difference a year makes... last year he didn't want to sign with M's and went to Baltimore. I guess having a winning record changed his mind.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawkfan68":30xdrt4m said:
What a difference a year makes... last year he didn't want to sign with M's and went to Baltimore. I guess having a winning record changed his mind.

Actually, reports were that the M's were the ones who pulled the plug on a deal with him last year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawkFan72":24aulq2q said:
hawkfan68":24aulq2q said:

Actually, reports were that the M's were the ones who pulled the plug on a deal with him last year.

I stand corrected then...I thought he wouldn't sign because he didn't want to play for a losing team. At the time the M's were.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2540vfio said:
HawkFan72":2540vfio said:
hawkfan68":2540vfio said:

I stand corrected then...I thought he wouldn't sign because he didn't want to play for a losing team. At the time the M's were.

I think initially he didn't want to sign with the M's for that reason. There were those reports too.

But his market was really bad and supposedly the M's had a better offer on the table than the Orioles. But the Mariners pulled out because the ownership didn't want to be associated with the PED stuff. Seeing how he did last year off the PEDs, I guess they changed their minds.