David and Goliath

[youtube]CyNWKsuchaU[/youtube]

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":3vde41hs said:
Not a bad little clip to get you pumped up, wheres the AB's? Must be on the other team.

Centers and Wings to that work in Rugby - Smaller faster players

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Seabhac":2wfi4aaw said:
EmbattleTheeHawks":2wfi4aaw said:
Not a bad little clip to get you pumped up, wheres the AB's? Must be on the other team.

I can't decipher what this means, probably just being thick. That Guiness ad is pretty cool, so was that tackle!

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It'll be an interesting tournament.

I predict New Zealand over Ireland in the final, which is fitting as I think they are the best team of each hemisphere. If it all plays out as I think it will it will be a tough knock out stage for the ABs, with games against France in the quarters (never a confidence-inspiring match up for us All Blacks fans) followed by the Springboks in the semis.

Group A looks the most interesting. Australia is a shambles but has good players. If the coach is any good thry'll be the best of the group. Wales and England are very similar but I think England will benefit from playing at home against Wales. Neither team is great, mostly slightly above average players but I think England has the most talented players of the two. Of the rest, NZ is the form team and I think Ireland aren't that far behind. South Africa are also very good, as usual.

Anyway, here's my prediction:

Group A
winner: Australia
runner up: England

Group B
South Africa
Scotland

Group C
New Zealand
Argentina

Group D
Ireland
France

QFs: NZ beats France; South Africa beats England; Ireland beats Argentina; Australia beats Scotland.

SFS: New Zealand beats South Africa; Ireland beats Australia

Final: New Zealand beats Ireland.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":jyep3bfk said:

I predict New Zealand over Ireland in the final, which is fitting as I think they are the best team of each hemisphere. If it all plays out as I think it will it will be a tough knock out stage for the ABs, with games against France in the quarters (never a confidence-inspiring match up for us All Blacks fans) followed by the Springboks in the semis.

Group A looks the most interesting. Australia is a shambles but has good players. If the coach is any good thry'll be the best of the group. Wales and England are very similar but I think England will benefit from playing at home against Wales. Neither team is great, mostly slightly above average players but I think England has the most talented players of the two. Of the rest, NZ is the form team and I think Ireland aren't that far behind. South Africa are also very good, as usual.

Group A

Group B
South Africa
Scotland

Group C
New Zealand
Argentina

Group D
Ireland
France

QFs: NZ beats France; South Africa beats England; Ireland beats Argentina; Australia beats Scotland.

I'd be very hard-pressed to back Australia at the moment. England Wales should be a belter and I'm thinking both to beat Australia.

France always show up for the big time, I can't remember the last time they weren't in the Semi finals. Could be a force.

Can't look past the All Blacks though, different gravy.

Edit: I can't remember the last time France didn't finish top four because I wasn't alive.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'd LOVE it if Australia doesn't make it out of the group. But you have to factor in the fact that Australians are genetically programmed to be irritating. I also couldn't trust a bang average Welsh or English side to get it dobe, though. One will, but surely not both. I think Australia had hit rock bottom these last few months and they were still ok. Hope I'm wrong though.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
I know what you mean about Australia being irritating but I too don't think they make it out this year, I predict Wales to take it out England runner up, the rest I think shake out how you have written with Wales getting knocked out in the semis by Ireland.

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
Hawkspur":2qzof73r said:

Group A

Group B
South Africa
Scotland

Group C
New Zealand
Argentina

Group D
Ireland
France

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AllBlacks/status/546646198837211136[/tweet]

All Blacks tweeted the game that didn't happen in their top 10 moments of 2014!

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":j07lqdtg said:
Seabhac":j07lqdtg said:
EmbattleTheeHawks":j07lqdtg said:

I can't decipher what this means, probably just being thick. That Guiness ad is pretty cool, so was that tackle!

I was at that game - long long time ago.
Only time that an Irish team has ever beaten the All Blacks. Munster are a club team and at the time it truly was an amazing result given that that was the only game that All Blacks team lost out of 18 on that tour.
For the record - Ireland have played New Zealand 28 times and lost 27 drawn 1.

Current Irish team is probably the best ever... but the WC is still 9 months away and form can dip.
I would be happy to make it to the semis - but a final with NZ would be a dream come true.

Sorry about the f*ed up answer, I thought you were making an American Football reference to Slot Backs. Im a dumbass

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Seabhac":2e1w7kgj said:
I was at that game - long long time ago.
Only time that an Irish team has ever beaten the All Blacks. Munster are a club team and at the time it truly was an amazing result given that that was the only game that All Blacks team lost out of 18 on that tour.
For the record - Ireland have played New Zealand 28 times and lost 27 drawn 1.

Current Irish team is probably the best ever... but the WC is still 9 months away and form can dip.
I would be happy to make it to the semis - but a final with NZ would be a dream come true.

Sorry about the f*ed up answer, I thought you were making an American Football reference to Slot Backs. Im a dumbass

Ireland have always been my favorite Northern team, supported them in the 6 Nations when I was living in the UK.
Always hoped O'drisscol would've emmigrited over here so he could have been an AB! Still love that man.
The game a couple seasons back when they toured here and ended up losing in the dying seconds after holding the lead I was gutted for him & the team, don't mind losing a great game.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think he would rather be turned into a rugby ball so he can play forever.

Wife and I are planning on maybe going to the 2019 Rugby World Cup since we have some family to stay with in Tokyo.

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
Its Six Nation Time Again - I'm stoked.

Great "Game of Thrones" style Promo from the BBC
[youtube]yxHLfYOD3sw[/youtube]

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
Another Classic Promo from the BBC

[youtube]NbvbQPq4LXk[/youtube]

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Annb2/status/563670177255292930[/tweet]

Hawkspur

Reaction score
As positive as that start was for England, that was a very concerning start to the season for Wales there. England did a great job of shutting them down and subsequently finishing them off in the second half but Wales were piss poor. Bad tackling and terrible play along the back line (or the half back and first five, anyway, no-one else saw the ball). The only impact George North had was appearing to pick up about 3 concussions. Leigh Halfpenny didn't even get close to the ball, as far as I'm aware. The scrum got owned too.

It'll be interesting to see the England v Ireland match on March 1st. That match should give us a good indication of how strong England are looking.

OP
OP
Seabhac

Seabhac

Reaction score
Hawkspur":8gspkcyu said:
It'll be interesting to see the England v Ireland match on March 1st. That match should give us a good indication of how strong England are looking.

The calendar is marked!
Ireland need to improve over todays performance. French should provide a good test next week.