Atlanta Hawks for sale

DirtyDave

Reaction score
100% of the shares of the Atlanta Hawks are for sale according to Furness on KJR.. Chris Hanson has his opportunity right now.. I hope he can do it this time around.. I need me some Sonic action again.. been way to long..

drdiags

Reaction score
So this is what the recent rumbling has been about. I remember when they were the St Louis Hawks but just like Seattle they have been in Atlanta for going on 4 decades, maybe 5 my memory is starting to fail me.

I doubt the NBA will let them leave the area. Any type of ground swell in ATL for local ownership will keep them there. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Seems like the political movement here has stalled out with the new mayor and other political winds.

drdiags

Reaction score
Sounds like they have several perspective buyers, so not lacking interest. Nope, not seeing them relocating (I am usually wrong when I come out with a strong statement, so there is hope for local Sonics fans).

Rat

Reaction score
If the NBA won't let a team leave freakin' Sacramento, they're not going to let one leave Atlanta.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stern Jr won't let Hanson buy Atlanta, no way no how. They want to use Seattle as leverage to get other teams new arenas, much like the NFL has done with LA. I hate to say to the "Silver will be different than Stern" crowd, "I told you so", but I told you so!

Rat

Reaction score
Maulbert":3h1udksr said:
Rat":3h1udksr said:
If the NBA won't let a team leave freakin' Sacramento, they're not going to let one leave Atlanta.

But, again, Seattle is OK..... :34853_doh:

Screwing Seattle has always been acceptable in sports.

Msfann

Reaction score
The nba seems to bend over backwards to help keep teams from relocating unless the commish's buddy wants a team.

I don't see us getting another team until they expand some day and that could be many many years from now. Until then even the worst teams that get no fan support will find new owners and stay where they are because the league will do anything they can to help them stay.. It must be nice to get that kind of support.