Legendary ESPN Sportscaster Stuart Scott, dies at 49

Cartire

Reaction score
For those who haven't seen it. An amazing speech.

[youtube]Yl_0ieqSi7Q[/youtube]

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The Tarheel media can be pretty irritating at times but I have always enjoyed Stuart Scott. He was great at his job and seemed to be a great man in life. The world will miss him.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Terribly sad news. Usually celebrity deaths don't really affect me, but this one choked me up right away. Grew up on Stuart Scott and Rich Eisen hosting Sportscenter and always loved them as a duo. Very difficult to watch Eisen having to say goodbye to his old partner on the air this morning.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Wow, RIP Stuart Scott. One of the best in the business. And that ESPY speech was one of the best ever!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
RIP Stuart Scott. Always loved him on TV. Will never forget that speech he gave at the espys.

chris98251

Reaction score
One of the reasons that ESPN became successful, a man that lived with a lot of challenges, if I remember correctly he had survived a major accident of some type as well some years back and came back from that as well.

RIP Stuart, found memories of what you did so well.

drdiags

Reaction score
Condolences to his love ones. Hate to see when young kids lose a parent. Scott fought the good fight but just like my mom, that heartless cancer tends to win more than it loses.

R.I.P Stuart Scott. You did well in impacting a lot of folks with your presence. One can only hope their passing will be as impacting. It means you made a difference in other people's lives.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Revisiting this thread just now, it occurs to me that I'm fairly broken-up over Stuart's passing. I mean, I've cried real tears.

I can't tell you how many times I've come home after a hard day at the salt mine and plopped down on the sofa, put my feet up, and turned on Sportscenter and his was the first face I saw, and voice I heard. I loved his brash, in your face style, and his fearlessness. His doing his thing to the action was cool to listen to, and I'm going to miss his highlights.

This is a pretty good tribute they have up right now. Everybody including the big guy at ESPN/Disney having poignant things to say:

http://espn.go.com/?topId=12118108

hannibalking

Reaction score
I actually didn't find out until about half an hour ago. Pretty broken up about it, no doubt. I dunno... I feel pretty numb right now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":1d4sstor said:
For those who haven't seen it. An amazing speech.

[youtube]Yl_0ieqSi7Q[/youtube]
It's one of the most inspirational and great speeches about life I've ever heard.
RIP SS, you will be missed.