Here we go again...

Erebus

Reaction score
Just another teaser to give us false hope. I'll never get my hopes up for having another NBA team.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hard to even get perked up about it, i've literally gone into "i'll be happy when it happens" mode.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, but their name is the "Hawks". Destiny! (haha)

Nah, I agree. I'll believe it when I see it.

byau

Reaction score
Yup I've pretty much tuned these out. Just being used and abused for leverage.

We'll get a team in the next NBA expansion for sure.

But when is that? Years away .... *sigh*

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly, the only situation I think Seattle fans should keep an eye on is Milwaukee.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The Bucks are the only hope besides an expansion team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I doubt the NBA with ever expand..There isn't enough talent to justify doing so..In fact Lebron has said they need to fold a couple teams..The best shot is to steal a team and call it the Sonics.. :pukeface: I remember at 6 years old going to the Seattle Center to see my first game in any pro sport..The Sonics with Slick Watts and Downtown :th2thumbs:

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
It just feels like Seattle is being used as a bargaining chip for the league to maintain constant leverage over current NBA host cities. Will believe the Sonics are coming back when/if I see it...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Erebus":36toqw54 said:
Just another teaser to give us false hope. I'll never get my hopes up for having another NBA team.

It'll happen, Seattle is too big of a market now to not have an NBA and NHL team.

But neither league is going to commit to Seattle until the environmental impact study is approved and Hansen is given the green light to REALLY tell the NBA Seattle's ready.

The reluctance of relocating and/or expansion is directly due to neither league wants to play in a bad arena like the Key. But once the new arena is approved, then I betcha both leagues pull a hamstring getting teams here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3letpovb said:
Erebus":3letpovb said:

It'll happen, Seattle is too big of a market now to not have an NBA and NHL team.

But neither league is going to commit to Seattle until the environmental impact study is approved and Hansen is given the green light to REALLY tell the NBA Seattle's ready.

The reluctance of relocating and/or expansion is directly due to neither league wants to play in a bad arena like the Key. But once the new arena is approved, then I betcha both leagues pull a hamstring getting teams here.
I hope you are right but Silver is Stern Jr, the NBA won't be interested until somehow the NHL comes here first and they see the great reception the NHL team will get, then they'll get here fast.