Could the Huskies land Braxton Miller or J.T. Barrett?

CaptBennett

Reaction score
While I was listening to the Barbershop (SO to Tru, T-Holla, and G Scott) last night they started talking about Jones and his early college success. They began to discuss if he would start for Ohio State next year. Then I began to think, what if Braxton Miller or J.T. Barrett decide to transfer? Would we (The University of Washington) be one of their top prospects? Or do you think we would be the worse option for them? Your thoughts?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CaptBennett":2el2fmw0 said:
While I was listening to the Barbershop (SO to Tru, T-Holla, and G Scott) last night they started talking about Jones and his early college success. They began to discuss if he would start for Ohio State next year. Then I began to think, what if Braxton Miller or J.T. Barrett decide to transfer? Would we (The University of Washington) be one of their top prospects? Or do you think we would be the worse option for them? Your thoughts?

Braxton miller is eligible to play right away because he's already graduated. I think he's going to be a duck. Barrett would have to sit out a year, I think he stays at osu and is the starter there.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3g3ak938 said:
CaptBennett":3g3ak938 said:

Braxton miller is eligible to play right away because he's already graduated. I think he's going to be a duck. Barrett would have to sit out a year, I think he stays at osu and is the starter there.

i heard that during the game. what makes you think Oregon? of all the places he can go with a chance at upping his name for the draft, why the Ducks?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Why do you think that either of these guys would consider UW in the first place? These guys want a chance to play for a national championship going to UW will not help them in that regard. UW is a few years away from even contending for a national championship. While I'm a Husky fan first, Oregon Ducks have been in the national championship chase more times recently than Huskies have...at this point the Ducks give those guys a better chance to play for that and possibly the Heisman as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2gqbfvbf said:
Why do you think that either of these guys would consider UW in the first place? These guys want a chance to play for a national championship going to UW will not help them in that regard. UW is a few years away from even contending for a national championship. While I'm a Husky fan first, Oregon Ducks have been in the national championship chase more times recently than Huskies have...at this point the Ducks give those guys a better chance to play for that and possibly the Heisman as well.

they want a chance to showcase their skillset for the NFL... thats not always on a team that went to the National Championship. its more about a team that has an offense that is set up to make them better (on a team that is obviously very strong)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2atfo8kc said:
JSeahawks":2atfo8kc said:
CaptBennett":2atfo8kc said:

i heard that during the game. what makes you think Oregon? of all the places he can go with a chance at upping his name for the draft, why the Ducks?

Well the qb he'd be replacing is likely a top 5 pick who has a similar skill set. He'd fit in perfect in the ducks offense which will be loaded next year so he'd put up ridiculous numbers. But the main reason i think it will be the ducks is because both Oregon and Ohio state "insiders" on the recruiting forum I'm on have said its a strong possibility.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3429k2s0 said:
Uncle Si":3429k2s0 said:
JSeahawks":3429k2s0 said:
CaptBennett":3429k2s0 said:

Well the qb he'd be replacing is likely a top 5 pick who has a similar skill set. He'd fit in perfect in the ducks offense which will be loaded next year so he'd put up ridiculous numbers. But the main reason i think it will be the ducks is because both Oregon and Ohio state "insiders" on the recruiting forum I'm on have said its a strong possibility.

more of a runner than a passer though, no?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Now jones has a press conference scheduled I'm assuming to announce he's going pro. That get rid of some of the log jam, maybe miller stays. We'll know when we know I guess.