Rest in Peace, Ernie Banks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RIP Mr. Banks. :(
We lost a good one and baseball lost their best ambassador IMHO.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
My dad saw him play and now gets to see him play 2 again..RiP Mr.CUB

drdiags

Reaction score
For such a slight frame, Mr Cub had pretty good power because of his wrists. Lived and died with him, Billy Williams, Ken Holtzman, Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckett, Don Kissinger, Randy Hundley, Ron Santo, Ferguson Jenkins as the stinking Miracle Mets caught them late in the season to win the division that lead to them winning the World Series.

Caught him after he moved to first base but the man was smooth in the field and clutch with power.

Thanks for the memories Ernie Banks. Condolences to his fans, family and friends.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Never got to see him play but was always fascinated by such a long and great career that included no opportunity to play in October.

RIP EB.

Largent80

Reaction score
drdiags":1dqz0fjf said:
For such a slight frame, Mr Cub had pretty good power because of his wrists. Lived and died with him, Billy Williams, Ken Holtzman, Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckett, Don Kissinger, Randy Hundley, Ron Santo, Ferguson Jenkins as the stinking Miracle Mets caught them late in the season to win the division that lead to them winning the World Series.

Caught him after he moved to first base but the man was smooth in the field and clutch with power.

Thanks for the memories Ernie Banks. Condolences to his fans, family and friends.

Man thanks for bringing up names that my senior moment brain had forgotten James.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Born in the Chicago area in 1949 and staying there until I was drafted into the Army in 1969, I grew up with Ernie Banks and the Cubs. He was an excellent ambassador of the game.

RIP Ernie... you deserve it, brother.

Always loved his smile and his gentle, easy-going demeanor.

Latest posts