ICC Cricket World Cup

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Assuming there'll be a lot of interest for this on .net, here's a proper sport to talk about.

Peaches will no doubt be celebrating the victory over the West Indies long into the night while McDallan's boys are on for the lowest ever world cup total against the Black Caps (My pre-tournament pick).

Is there anyone actually on here with an interest in Cricket? Or is this going down like Kevin Peterson's IPL auction?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I picked the right night to stay up til 5am watching cricket. Holy crap! New Zealand got it going on! England will struggle to beat Scotland on current form, too.

Can't wait to se them at Lords in May.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm guessing I'm one of the very few people here still watching, but this tournament has been amazing. So many great games and solid signs of improvement from the minnows. A whole lot of new, young, legitimately great, players emerging. The best 4 teams have made it through to the semi-finals too, which is fairly unusual in the CWC.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":ghyv6whj said:
Get in there NZ! Best game of cricket I've seen in a long time!

Incredible! What a way to start the day. The only downside is that I'm going to be stuck in deepest, darkest Pembrokeshire with no TV or internet access good enough to handle streaming for the final on the weekend.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Hawkspur":17s0e8k8 said:
SomersetHawk":17s0e8k8 said:

Incredible! What a way to start the day. The only downside is that I'm going to be stuck in deepest, darkest Pembrokeshire with no TV or internet access good enough to handle streaming for the final on the weekend.

Man its great back here, the whole country has gone nuts for the cricket, 'Black Cap Fever! Hopefully since the kiwis made the final 2 days before the Aussies even played (not a good sign when autocorrect gives them the capital letter & not us!) NZ supporters will have bought tickets & filled half the MCG for the final.
A repeat of the pool game with a 330 total would be fantastic! Last ball cricket like the semi all the same, Go Hawks... I mean Kiwis!

Hawkspur

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":17xo54u4 said:
Hawkspur":17xo54u4 said:
SomersetHawk":17xo54u4 said:

Man its great back here, the whole country has gone nuts for the cricket, 'Black Cap Fever! Hopefully since the kiwis made the final 2 days before the Aussies even played (not a good sign when autocorrect gives them the capital letter & not us!) NZ supporters will have bought tickets & filled half the MCG for the final.
A repeat of the pool game with a 330 total would be fantastic! Last ball cricket like the semi all the same, Go Hawks... I mean Kiwis!

Man, I wish i was there. Hopefully by the time I get back later in the year we'll be repeat rugby champs as well as cricket worldchamps. Tough match ahead tonight, though.

I know a lot of my friends are going to the MCG today. About a dozen who live in Oz and 30 or 40 are flying over.

Latest posts