Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Qatar World Cup Will Be Held In The Winter

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • http://screamer.deadspin.com/the-qatar-world-cup-will-be-held-in-the-winter-1686591704/+GregHoward1

    Bad news: the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is still happening, in Qatar. Worse news: the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place in November and December.

    Sports Illustrated's Grant Wahl has the goods:

    Multiple sources say it's a done deal that World Cup 2022 will take place in November and December of 2022 in Qatar. A FIFA task force will meet in Doha next week and make that recommendation, and the FIFA Executive Committee is set to make the decision final at its meeting in Zurich next month.


    Well, beats players dropping of heat exhaustion, I guess.
    Image
    User avatar
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3940
    Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 am
    Location: New Joisey


  • Hey, good news is that the temperatures there might just drop into double digits for at least part of the night. I've been through Qatar a few times, and unless you've been to that part of the world, you have really no idea how hellishly hot it is. The first time I stepped off the plane, I thought I'd just walked into the prop wash of one of the engines. Nope, just "cool" ocean breezes. During the day, it's so hot you don't even know you're sweating--it just evaporates so fast you can't see or feel it. Then you hit the air conditioning and are instantly drenched in sweat, like you've just gotten out of the shower fully clothed. Having the World Cup there was one of the stupidest ideas in sports I've ever heard, and that's not even addressing geopolitical issues such as safety and terrorism.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22077
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines


  • Can't wait to see how the English FA and other major European FAs will react to this. The whole thing is complete nonsense, in my opinion. The reason that the World Cup and the European Championship are played in the summer is because that is when the major club leagues are in their off season. This to me is pretty damaging to football as a whole.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


  • It may be the beginning of the end for the World Cup...I hope not. I can't see the big leagues of Europe releasing players for the tournament.
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


  • peachesenregalia wrote:Can't wait to see how the English FA and other major European FAs will react to this. The whole thing is complete nonsense, in my opinion. The reason that the World Cup and the European Championship are played in the summer is because that is when the major club leagues are in their off season. This to me is pretty damaging to football as a whole.

    FIFA, and specifically Sepp Blatter, don't care about what's best for football, their only concern is what's best for their bank accounts.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10021
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Seabhac wrote:It may be the beginning of the end for the World Cup...I hope not. I can't see the big leagues of Europe releasing players for the tournament.



    They would have to shut the leagues down. There is no way they could run this like an African Cup of Nations type scenario where suddenly a couple guys from big clubs are just gone from the lineup.

    Imagine Chelsea, Arsenal and City (or Bayern, Real, Barca) trying to stay atop the (current) standings with their internationals gone, while Spurs, Southampton and Liverpool (Dortmund, Shalke, Atleti) gleefully play on missing one or two (or 5 for Liverpool).

    Cant be done. Which means you have to afford not only 35 days for the tournament but another 4 weeks for recovery.

    I think the FA and La Liga's governing body (is that just Real and Barca?) will play a major part in this story in the next 3-4 months.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Seabhac wrote:It may be the beginning of the end for the World Cup...I hope not. I can't see the big leagues of Europe releasing players for the tournament.


    All the top leagues will just take a big WC break............and the WC will never go away, as it's a bajillion dollar money maker.

    Things that make this much money never go away.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12726
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • NJSeaHawk wrote:http://screamer.deadspin.com/the-qatar-world-cup-will-be-held-in-the-winter-1686591704/+GregHoward1

    Bad news: the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is still happening, in Qatar. Worse news: the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place in November and December.

    Sports Illustrated's Grant Wahl has the goods:

    Multiple sources say it's a done deal that World Cup 2022 will take place in November and December of 2022 in Qatar. A FIFA task force will meet in Doha next week and make that recommendation, and the FIFA Executive Committee is set to make the decision final at its meeting in Zurich next month.


    Well, beats players dropping of heat exhaustion, I guess.

    As Sailor said it still doesn't solve the weather problem that much though it will be SLIGHTLY less then hellishly hot given that's almost the coolest part of the year in that area of the world. All it really tells me is that the World Cup selection decision and process is rife with corruption this decision just reeks of it.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:It may be the beginning of the end for the World Cup...I hope not. I can't see the big leagues of Europe releasing players for the tournament.


    All the top leagues will just take a big WC break............and the WC will never go away, as it's a bajillion dollar money maker.

    Things that make this much money never go away.



    England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Argentina can still field teams while its stars play in their leagues.

    What makes more money than the world cup is the domestic and Champs leagues. and its not close
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:It may be the beginning of the end for the World Cup...I hope not. I can't see the big leagues of Europe releasing players for the tournament.


    All the top leagues will just take a big WC break............and the WC will never go away, as it's a bajillion dollar money maker.

    Things that make this much money never go away.



    England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Argentina can still field teams while its stars play in their leagues.

    What makes more money than the world cup is the domestic and Champs leagues. and its not close



    1. Just because clubs CAN field enough to play for a month or more during their season, doesn't mean they want to. I doubt clubs like Barca and Real Madrid are going to want to lose all 11 of their starters for 1-2 months.

    2. Different money. Domestic and Champions League makes big money for the clubs and those specific leagues. World Cup money is divided up between FIFA and the national teams (and Sepp Blatter's offshore bank accounts).

    In 2014, FIFA divided up 576 million between the participating countries, ain't no way that's going away.

    http://www.tsmplug.com/football/prize-m ... -cup-2014/
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12726
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:It may be the beginning of the end for the World Cup...I hope not. I can't see the big leagues of Europe releasing players for the tournament.


    All the top leagues will just take a big WC break............and the WC will never go away, as it's a bajillion dollar money maker.

    Things that make this much money never go away.



    England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Argentina can still field teams while its stars play in their leagues.

    What makes more money than the world cup is the domestic and Champs leagues. and its not close



    1. Just because clubs CAN field enough to play for a month or more during their season, doesn't mean they want to. I doubt clubs like Barca and Real Madrid are going to want to lose all 11 of their starters for 1-2 months.

    2. Different money. Domestic and Champions League makes big money for the clubs and those specific leagues. World Cup money is divided up between FIFA and the national teams (and Sepp Blatter's offshore bank accounts).

    In 2014, FIFA divided up 576 million between the participating countries, ain't no way that's going away.

    http://www.tsmplug.com/football/prize-m ... -cup-2014/



    576 million divided by 32 teams is 18 million... thats a mid tier transfer fee in January for a team in the top half of any of these leagues. You think Chelsea wants to lose 1/2 its lineup in November/December for the World Cup? Do you think the BPL wants to shut down operations for 8 weeks and then field a stretched product in February/March while its players try and recover fitness. Do you remember how poor the PL product was in August/September?

    Your point 1 is exactly what Seab, peaches and I are saying. The domestic leagues can have a massive say in how this plays out. I'd be very interested to see what a Bayern says about giving up 1/3 of the German national squad mid season.

    This is round 2 (round 1 was actually giving Qatar the tournament)
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:

    576 million divided by 32 teams is 18 million... thats a mid tier transfer fee in January for a team in the top half of any of these leagues. You think Chelsea wants to lose 1/2 its lineup in November/December for the World Cup? Do you think the BPL wants to shut down operations for 8 weeks and then field a stretched product in February/March while its players try and recover fitness. Do you remember how poor the PL product was in August/September?)


    When did I say it was more than the big domestic leagues?

    576 million divided by the qualifying nations is still a lot of money, and vital for I'd say way more than half the nations that depend on WC money to sustain their national teams.

    Seabhac said he hoped that the Qatar games wasn't the beginning of the end, and I was merely saying that the WC isn't going anywhere, no matter what time of year it's played. It's the biggest sporting event on the planet and makes too many people A LOT of money.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12726
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

    576 million divided by 32 teams is 18 million... thats a mid tier transfer fee in January for a team in the top half of any of these leagues. You think Chelsea wants to lose 1/2 its lineup in November/December for the World Cup? Do you think the BPL wants to shut down operations for 8 weeks and then field a stretched product in February/March while its players try and recover fitness. Do you remember how poor the PL product was in August/September?)


    When did I say it was more than the big domestic leagues?

    576 million divided by the qualifying nations is still a lot of money, and vital for I'd say way more than half the nations that depend on WC money to sustain their national teams.

    Seabhac said he hoped that the Qatar games wasn't the beginning of the end, and I was merely saying that the WC isn't going anywhere, no matter what time of year it's played. It's the biggest sporting event on the planet and makes too many people A LOT of money.



    Well - For sure FIFA make a ton of money. The clubs just pray that their players don't get injured.
    My prediction for is that it will be scrapped - Main reasons being the fact that it has to be Nov/Dec.

    In reality the fact that its planned for Nov/Dec should be the least reason not to have it there - lots of human rights issues in the preparation etc. Who knows how stable the region will be in 6 years.

    The good news (and what I'm hoping for) is that the USA would be in line to step in as hosts. Already a favorite for 2026 IF the process is transparent and fair. I think if it got pulled from Qatar the USSF would consider that "fair" and go ahead and bid/win.
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


  • Do you remember the awful effect Man United had on the FA Cup after they pulled out to participate in the Fledgling FIFA World Club Cup in 2000. FA Cup has never recovered as prestige tournament since then.

    The English FA hate FIFA. This should be interesting.
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


  • Seabhac wrote:Do you remember the awful effect Man United had on the FA Cup after they pulled out to participate in the Fledgling FIFA World Club Cup in 2000. FA Cup has never recovered as prestige tournament since then.

    The English FA hate FIFA. This should be interesting.


    hahaaaaaaaaaaa! That FIFA world club cup thing is a joke, but I don't think the FA cup has lost any of its lustre mate.

    On topic though, Scudamore seemed miffed but not really angry. I think once the clubs start raging against this, they'll need to get something done.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


  • So what would the fallout be if the big European leagues refused to release their players for the World Cup?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10021
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

    576 million divided by 32 teams is 18 million... thats a mid tier transfer fee in January for a team in the top half of any of these leagues. You think Chelsea wants to lose 1/2 its lineup in November/December for the World Cup? Do you think the BPL wants to shut down operations for 8 weeks and then field a stretched product in February/March while its players try and recover fitness. Do you remember how poor the PL product was in August/September?)


    When did I say it was more than the big domestic leagues?

    576 million divided by the qualifying nations is still a lot of money, and vital for I'd say way more than half the nations that depend on WC money to sustain their national teams.

    Seabhac said he hoped that the Qatar games wasn't the beginning of the end, and I was merely saying that the WC isn't going anywhere, no matter what time of year it's played. It's the biggest sporting event on the planet and makes too many people A LOT of money.



    Got you.

    What I am saying is that Qatar may be the time when the domestic leagues stand up to FIFA. While 576 million may be alot of money, that's really nothing to the domestic leagues, or specifically the top domestic teams. It is them who will be the most effected by this. Basically, FIFA has decided to take on some of the wealthiest people in the world. They won't win that.

    If Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, City, Real, Barca, Arsenal, Bayern all decide to keep their players from the national team (which they can do... some of the English teams have already made similar moves regarding their English call ups during international breaks) it will put a major wrinkle in the tournament.

    Don't mistake money making for popularity. If France, Germany, England, Spain, the Dutch are all represented by 2nd tier players, that will have a major impact on the tournament. And again, while 576 million is alot of money, its not enough to sway a Saudi oil monarch or Russian steel magnate from winning a title in May.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    What I am saying is that Qatar may be the time when the domestic leagues stand up to FIFA. While 576 million may be alot of money, that's really nothing to the domestic leagues, or specifically the top domestic teams. It is them who will be the most effected by this. Basically, FIFA has decided to take on some of the wealthiest people in the world. They won't win that. .


    I hope that does happen. I don't think it will cause FIFA's in bed with every nook and cranny of the soccer world, but I hope it does.

    Qatar is a joke, and never should have happened if not for the wheel barrels of cash that the Qatar contingent rolled into Blatter's office to secure the tournament.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12726
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    What I am saying is that Qatar may be the time when the domestic leagues stand up to FIFA. While 576 million may be alot of money, that's really nothing to the domestic leagues, or specifically the top domestic teams. It is them who will be the most effected by this. Basically, FIFA has decided to take on some of the wealthiest people in the world. They won't win that. .


    I hope that does happen. I don't think it will cause FIFA's in bed with every nook and cranny of the soccer world, but I hope it does.

    Qatar is a joke, and never should have happened if not for the wheel barrels of cash that the Qatar contingent rolled into Blatter's office to secure the tournament.



    Not suggesting any of it will happen. However, the FA has to feel the Qatar thing more than others. England (and the US) were next in line for that World Cup. FIFA's insistence here is pitting them head to head with an organization as stubborn as them.

    or... scrap all that. Apparently the European leagues are now fixated on additional compensation instead.

    http://screamer.deadspin.com/even-the-big-european-powers-cant-stop-the-winter-world-1687692141
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • BBC News last night indicated that the leagues will have to shut down and that they will demand some compensation for lost revenue/hassle of having to change their schedules.

    Good. FIFA are so covered in dirty money they should have their headquarters in Washington DC. I think they could even teach our politicians a thing or two!
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    User avatar
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


  • Trenchbroom wrote:BBC News last night indicated that the leagues will have to shut down and that they will demand some compensation for lost revenue/hassle of having to change their schedules.

    Good. FIFA are so covered in dirty money they should have their headquarters in Washington DC. I think they could even teach our politicians a thing or two!

    FIFA's already stated they won't provide any compensation to teams or leagues for the inconvenience, stating that they have seven years to figure it out.

    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... -in-qatar/
    Valcke also said there will be no compensation paid to club teams for the inconvenience of rescheduling the 2022 World Cup, nor will there be an apology from FIFA.

    “There will be no compensation,” Valcke said. “We are doing nothing which destroys football. There is seven years to reorganize football around the world for this World Cup.”
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10021
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • Which makes this a media driven negotiation. I would imagine there will be something to compensate. Right now its a staring contest. Who knows what it will look like 3 years from now.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • I see Wegner was in there saying its a great idea to have it in Nov/Dec. He hasn't had a winter break in 20 years. He always is moaning on about it.
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


  • If nothing else happens soon, I am going to write to FIFA explaining that I am not going to watch their Qatar tournament, and will start an immediate boycott of all their sponsors. Then I will write to their sponsors. Then I willput copies of my letters on the Internet and ask everyone else to do the same.

    This is a corruption/human rights issue. Let's not just tut then shrug our shoulders.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


  • cdallan wrote:If nothing else happens soon, I am going to write to FIFA explaining that I am not going to watch their Qatar tournament, and will start an immediate boycott of all their sponsors. Then I will write to their sponsors. Then I willput copies of my letters on the Internet and ask everyone else to do the same.

    This is a corruption/human rights issue. Let's not just tut then shrug our shoulders.


    I agree with you, Bernie from Rab C Nesbitt. Let's get tore into the bastards!
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    cdallan wrote:If nothing else happens soon, I am going to write to FIFA explaining that I am not going to watch their Qatar tournament, and will start an immediate boycott of all their sponsors. Then I will write to their sponsors. Then I willput copies of my letters on the Internet and ask everyone else to do the same.

    This is a corruption/human rights issue. Let's not just tut then shrug our shoulders.


    I agree with you, Bernie from Rab C Nesbitt. Let's get tore into the bastards!


    F--- aye. I will be appealing globally for "hauners".
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


  • cdallan wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    cdallan wrote:If nothing else happens soon, I am going to write to FIFA explaining that I am not going to watch their Qatar tournament, and will start an immediate boycott of all their sponsors. Then I will write to their sponsors. Then I willput copies of my letters on the Internet and ask everyone else to do the same.

    This is a corruption/human rights issue. Let's not just tut then shrug our shoulders.


    I agree with you, Bernie from Rab C Nesbitt. Let's get tore into the bastards!


    F--- aye. I will be appealing globally for "hauners".


    I'd like to volunteer to set fire to Sepp Blatter's wheelie bin.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


  • What is it with you guys and bins?
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

    Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    User avatar
    cdallan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
    Location: Scotland


  • cdallan wrote:What is it with you guys and bins?


    Just like setting fire to them. It's intimidating, as well as being inconvenient for the owner.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14322
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


  • cdallan wrote:What is it with you guys and bins?


    You take the lid and rattle it on the ground....
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


  • Seabhac wrote:
    cdallan wrote:What is it with you guys and bins?


    You take the lid and rattle it on the ground....



    Try tying two together and placing them on opposite sides of the street.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • This event is going to be a complete and utter disaster. Here are 14 reasons why, and they're being kind about it: http://www.businessinsider.com/qatar-world-cup-disaster-2015-2
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22077
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: Mandaue City, Cebu, Philippines



  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:BBC News last night indicated that the leagues will have to shut down and that they will demand some compensation for lost revenue/hassle of having to change their schedules.

    Good. FIFA are so covered in dirty money they should have their headquarters in Washington DC. I think they could even teach our politicians a thing or two!

    FIFA's already stated they won't provide any compensation to teams or leagues for the inconvenience, stating that they have seven years to figure it out.

    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... -in-qatar/
    Valcke also said there will be no compensation paid to club teams for the inconvenience of rescheduling the 2022 World Cup, nor will there be an apology from FIFA.

    “There will be no compensation,” Valcke said. “We are doing nothing which destroys football. There is seven years to reorganize football around the world for this World Cup.”

    So, after stating as recently as last month that they would provide no additional compensation to clubs for releasing their players for a winter World Cup, FIFA has decided to triple the compensation they give to clubs in 2018 & 2022.

    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... orld-cups/
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10021
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


  • They are already compensating clubs. This is just an increase.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13136
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:This event is going to be a complete and utter disaster. Here are 14 reasons why, and they're being kind about it: http://www.businessinsider.com/qatar-world-cup-disaster-2015-2



    Love this one:


    13. It'll get drowned out by football in America.


    Picture of Richard Sherman!

    Kinda fun having the Seahawks as the face of the NFL. :)
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1932
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ




It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online